Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 2)

There’s no auto in AG Haze… that’s funny… I’ve grown so many of them, I can’t even keep track, and I’ve had zero intersex issues, and plenty of very long flowering sativa plants. I’ve also grown Mac’s THH and a couple of his THH crosses, and side by side outdoors, AG’s tends to look more whispy in bud structure. I know people don’t want to hear it, but hey, that’s how it’s been for me. Of course, almost all the Haze seeds I bought from Todd, were from the initial release, so who knows, maybe Todd accidentally brought unwanted pollen in for the later seeds, and that’s what others are getting. I have a set up getting going in the desert, I’ll have to do a proper comparison grow one of these days. Autos… yeah okay pal.

5 Likes

I have left an email inquiry on the origins of their (TLT) haze. I’ve not done business with these guys, but I have heard some very mixed reviews. I’ll let folks here know if they respond. The photo they are using looks very lumbo to me.

I’ve got a couple packs of Todd’s AG OH but haven’t tried them yet. Will do so in a future seasonal grow. I like what I see from MadMac. Dude has put some serious time into his work with lots of documentation on ICMag. Why they just recently shut his thread down, I have no idea but I am inquiring about that as well.

I’ll plan to run a bunch of THH this season to start separating wheat from chaff as well OP everything to expand my 100 seed bulk.

Check out Ace’s OTH. Yes it’s not the same as Sam’s haze but I’ve grown a bunch straight and in crosses and it’s a very good representative of the old Columbian lines used in making haze. It’s wild jungly and really deserves a good outdoor environment. Long long flowering.

Good luck in your searches.

5 Likes

Very fast response from TLT, so I will give them that…

‘Hi,

The Haze that we preserve and offer is open without selections, this is a legendary Haze, we received it in the mid-90’s from the Haze brothers batches that Sam Skunkman received and these have been kept intact without selections, preserving all the phenotypes, both females and males. We have tried to preserve the greatest number of phenotypic variations.

Regards
TLT’

Take what you will of it. It’s pretty expensive for a small qty of seed, but seems about par for the course these days.

1 Like

From reading the thread on ICMAG , I can not believe that TLT got those seeds from Sam. Maybe they got them from someone else that had gotten them from Sam. The way they have written that reply seems rather cryptic to me. “ Its not a lie if you leave out the truth”, kinda statement. That is my opinion. I dont know shit about nothin. 🫣

8 Likes

It looks like it says they are not from skunkman but from the same batch of seeds that skunkman originally pulled from.

4 Likes

I have read that TLT likes to grab a small selection of supposed landrace or heirloom seeds and bulk them up for resale at obviously high prices. This could be a 10 pack of Seedmans stock that they selected from. Who knows. Maybe I’ll run a 10 pack and patent the best female :laughing:. I’ll hold off on ordering from them till I see some proofs of what their stock is all about. Lord knows, I’ve got plenty of other hazey type things to work with.

5 Likes

That would NOT surprise me that TM already fudged up the line. He would have been the LAST person I would have trusted to preserve that line! Smh :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Alright now Mr.Patent is that you from ICM??? :joy:

nice ocimene on that one! is that he highest ocimene you’ve seen?

1 Like

I had some high ocimene also in some Papaya I had recently. That’s Citral #13 x Ice #2

These are live resin carts and not flower. They still give a good representation.

2 Likes

They received it in the 90’s and are just offering it now?

1 Like

I’m assuming his entry into MM’s thread is why the mods shut it down. Don’t know that for fact. SMH at patenting a single clone from a 10 pack grow. Really hope that goes nowhere. I am close enough to big pharma to know that they would just do their own searching for a non-patented expression, then reduce it to its base constituents, put it likely in pill form and then patent that. Or synthesize the constituents they found and go that route. There in lies the ‘art’…not in selecting a single plant from a 10 pack. Geesh.

5 Likes

Someone received them in the mid 90’s but they did not. I guarantee they just bought or took them from someone who had that origin story

5 Likes

TLT are VERY untrustworthy. They may have some genetics that are reflective of their claims - from my anecdotal observations it seems to be what’s advertised but with zero integrity/provenance, moving like ACE’s Dubi but on steroids… straight up lie, cheat, steal.

8 Likes

Over the years TLT has proven to be totally deceitful and unreliable, the seeds are supposedly authentic (compared to other SB they don’t look like hybrids with skunk) but their descriptions and way of doing things is really bad

4 Likes

After JC’s share, and especially after MadMac’s even bigger share, everywhere online and Instagram is an offering of original haze seeds, almost always with imaginative stories…

2 Likes

I bought the Highland Durban Poison because the description of smells. Said it was an anise smelling plant.

Paid for seeds and in communication after sending funds i was talking with the seed sender via email about the plants and asked about the anise and lemon smells and he responded by saying its extremely rare to find it in these plants and that i probably wouldn’t find it …… lol but listed as 2 of the 3 profiles on the aroma description. The other being wood. The plants were very woody lol. I felt ripped off as I would not have purchased if thats what was said in the description lol. Lesson learned

8 Likes

IIRC, somebody in the Co-op grow threads was given a landrace to grow out and instead turned the seeds over to TLT. Can’t remember exactly when and the seeds.

1 Like

I know brother I thought they shut it down because of me, but that was really really shady and disrespectful to MM and quit frankly to ALL Haze heads. I can’t believe that but not only haze what if everyone did that to every pack of seed it would turn into a crap show

Also JC hasn’t been seen in awhile since he did that, from what I understand. I don’t blame him you try to do something nice for the community and the plant but look what kinda crap happens. Makes it hard for people like me who want to help preserve those beans and play with them for personal enjoyment. SMH

1 Like

That’s just about the single most rock solid form of plant copyright/patent :eyes: