Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 2)

Would anyone here be so kind to share a few of THH beans from his last drop.? I’d really appreciate it and would be willing to share what I have for them if anyone would like anything in return. :pray:t2::blue_heart::pray:t2:

1 Like

Contrary to what legend says, drug crops in Colombia did not begin with the Peace Corps or gringo visionaries and entrepreneurs. Coca had a millenary tradition and workers at the United Fruit Company had begun to plant cannabis for personal consumption at least since the beginning of the twentieth century. In the Sierra, according to Lina Britto’s research, a variety that grew nearby in certain areas near the banana area and Dibulla, in La Guajira, was mixed with strains from Hawaii and Mexico to create Santa Marta Gold. The initial variety, in addition to its striking golden color, had a high percentage of delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol or THC, one of the 113 cannabinoids in cannabis and its main psychoactive component, but produced small flowers. Local growers with the help of American clients apparently experimented with the other strains until the variety was stabilized.

8 Likes

Cannabis was taken to the Americas by the Spanish cannabis was spread to all corners of the globe when they opened new trade roots, Cannabis was legal and was as important to shipping and trade and militarily important as oil/ fuel is today.

The use of cannabis dates back a very long time, longer than most realise.

8 Likes

I can’t stand those guys.
The white rasta guy has always rubbed me the wrong way. Cultural appropriation? I dunno, but he bothers me.
He’s like the soul of Greenhouse because Arjan doesn’t seem to have one.

What the hell kind of seed venture is this suppose to supply the entire world?
I have had a single plant produce 1000’s of seeds.
Greenhouse after greenhouse hectares of land devoted to seed production is just over the top crazy or stupid.

5 Likes

Interesting take, seems plausible but also somewhat sus, haha “stabilized” with the help of American clients. Sounds like some ACE marketing for when they pollute pure sats with indicas.

4 Likes

Arjan has never really made sense. He’s always taking about some bullshit thing after another. You can’t take him seriously anyway. Franco was the heart and soul of greenhouse but he’s gone and now there’s nothing left but an empty shell of a company. Did you catch the part about the guy in Thailand being an owner of a mining company that he’s working with? So much corruption going on there for sure

3 Likes

What i wrote above is coming from Colombian research. Hemp what would have brought by the Spanish, doesn’t give after sometime wonderful Haze and Colombia wasnt a good region for good quality hemp, only Chile.

India is the crade of drugtype Cannabis. You should read the research Hillig did years back and btw Chris Duvall’s book is a good one too.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/281848590_A_Systematic_Investigation_of_Cannabis

5 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if the BOEL guys are meant as American clients.

4 Likes

In 1770 the English landed in what is now called Australia, with them came Hemp and 100s of years later wild crops originated from the original hemp crops were found growing wild in two states.

Those wild crops got people very, very high what we call cannabis the British back then called hemp.

High THC was not a problem until prohibition started, and that’s when we saw the birth of industrial hemp.

6 Likes

What you meant is the Hunter Valley wild hemp story from 1964, but what was grown over there was Indian hemp.

The early governors of the colony in New South Wales, naval men themselves,
‘set the example’ by growing substantial quantities. In 1803, Governor King wrote
glowingly to Sir Joseph Banks of the ten acres of Indian hemp he was growing in the
new colony:
From a pint of hemp-seed, sent from India in 1802, I have now sown 10 acres
for Government. A specimen of the rope is round the box that Cayley sends
you, which I have desired may be carefully preserved. It grows with the utmost
luxuriance, and is generally from 6 to 10 feet in height.7
Curiously, it seems that Governor King, who was interested in rope (Cannabis
sativa) not dope (Cannabis indica) was inadvertently growing dope, Cannabis
indica, or Indian hemp. At that time the British were ignorant of the botanical
differences between the two cannabis species, which are very similar plants. Because
Cannabis sativa seeds would not grow in India, Governor King was supplied with Indian hemp or Cannabis indica seeds. This would have produced poor quality rope, but might explain why the Hunter Valley crop was ‘a good smoke’.

7 Likes

I was following along with the narrative you were presenting right up until the part that you said sativa seeds would not grow in India… Can you comment on how you arrived at that conclusion?

3 Likes

We all know that’s not true. Haha

11 Likes

To whom is this question?

1 Like

Cannabis sativa seeds would not grow in India, Governor King was supplied with Indian hemp or Cannabis indica seeds. This would have produced poor quality rope

I think he was talking about this part.

3 Likes

Yes it was hemp. However, it was definitely harvested, smoked, and sold. I doubt it would have given more than a mild buzz but unless you smoked it who knows? Are there any 80 year olds from Sydney here who can tell for sure? Otherwise the quality is an unknown. These were the days when leaf was sold as well as “heads”.

2 Likes

I live in the area where Bedrocan and Hempflex started their agricultural cannabis production. Early 90’s we suddenly saw hemp where there was wheat before. Miles and miles of cannabis. We are always worried for seeds with our outdoor grows and I always hoped the fields were not so close next year and if they were they were on the good side of town (wind).

2 Likes

While the word ‘marijuana’ was unknown in Australia before 1938, drug
cannabis was very well known. In the pharmacopoeias of the time drug cannabis was
listed as Cannabis indica. The name means Indian hemp, and the drug comes from
the leaves and flowers of a plant that had been cultivated in India for millennia and
which the Indians called ganja or bhang. Originally an Indian plant, its use spread,
first around the Indian Ocean, and then, at a later stage, around the Mediterranean,
becoming widely known in Europe only in the nineteenth century.
In the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, Cannabis indica was a well
known and widely used medicine in Australia; the drug that police would later vilify
as a ‘Killer Drug’ and an ‘evil Sex Drug’ was a popular medicine in Britain and its
Empire, and was even prescribed to Queen Victoria by the Royal Physician.
Although the police would later claim that cannabis had no known medical uses, it
was one of the most important medicines of the time, and was used for a wide
variety of illnesses.
The first major European work on the medical properties of the Indian hemp plant
was Dr W. B. O’Shaughnessy’s On The Preparation of Indian Hemp Cannabis
Indica in 1839. The Fifth Edition of the United States Dispensatory (1843)

5 Likes

Sorry Chara that was not a response to you.

2 Likes

The history is so important, especially if we want to understand cultivars and poly-hybrids of the plant.

2 Likes

The Hunter Valley crop was first
described by Dr Francis Campbell in his book A Treatise on the Culture of Flax and
Hemp published in Sydney in 1846. Dr Campbell writes:
I found it (hemp) growing wild in the greatest luxuriance on the sandy bank of
the river Hunter, near Singleton. But whether it had been originally introduced
into that part of New South Wales by some settler, or whether the plant be
indigenous, I have not yet been able to ascertain. 5
Campbell obtained seed from this wild Australian hemp and conducted a growing
experiment. He was impressed both by the prolific growth rates and the size of this
wild crop. These impressions were repeated by the farmers of the 1960s who
claimed the plants had one of the fastest growth rates they had ever encountered.
Recent research suggests that the Hunter Valley crop originated with the Bell
brothers — Archibald Bell and William Sims Bell — the first white settlers of
Singleton in the Upper Hunter in 1823, who were friends of Dr Francis Campbell.
Their father, Archibald Bell, believed that Australia should be a colony for the
production of hemp and argued this case before the Bigge Royal Commission in
Marijuana Australiana
1819. Hemp was what the plant Cannabis sativa was called then; the word marijuana
was unknown in Australia before 1938. In those days the view that Australia should
be a hemp colony was widespread. Sir Joseph Banks, the ‘Father of Australia’, a
self-confessed hemp zealot, organised the seeds for the First Fleet and he put
Cannabis sativa at the top of the list. Hemp was at the heart of British naval power
in the Age of Sail. Each first rate man-of-war in the British navy needed 60 tons of
hemp for sails, uniforms, oakum and rope; and it took 320 acres (140 hectares) of
Cannabis sativa to produce this amount. The growing of hemp was, as Dr Francis
Campbell remarked, ‘a patriotic proposition’, and the British government
encouraged the hemp industry with bounties, grants of land, and free seed in all its
colonies.6
The early governors of the colony in New South Wales, naval men themselves,
‘set the example’ by growing substantial quantities. In 1803, Governor King wrote
glowingly to Sir Joseph Banks of the ten acres of Indian hemp he was growing in the
new colony:
From a pint of hemp-seed, sent from India in 1802, I have now sown 10 acres
for Government. A specimen of the rope is round the box that Cayley sends
you, which I have desired may be carefully preserved. It grows with the utmost
luxuriance, and is generally from 6 to 10 feet in height.
Curiously, it seems that Governor King, who was interested in rope (Cannabis
sativa) not dope (Cannabis indica) was inadvertently growing dope, Cannabis
indica, or Indian hemp. At that time the British were ignorant of the botanical
differences between the two cannabis species, which are very similar plants. Because
Cannabis sativa seeds would not grow in India, Governor King was supplied with
Indian hemp or Cannabis indica seeds. This would have produced poor quality rope,
but might explain why the Hunter Valley crop was ‘a good smoke’.
Whatever its species, the Hunter Valley crop was intimately linked with the
founding of Australia, and this historical importance alone should have guaranteed
its preservation. But marijuana prohibition had brought with it a kind of historical
amnesia about the importance of cannabis.
The day after the Hunter Valley crop was discovered, the NSW Department of
Agriculture announced it would immediately begin a campaign of eradication:
cannabis was classified as a noxious weed under the Local Government Act, and all
hemp plants were to be destroyed.
The Department confidently predicted that ‘the bulk of the infestation should be
cleared in a fortnight.’ In fact, it was to take five years. During the late 1960s, many
Sydney university students had their initiation into the world of the weed on summer
holiday jobs at the Department of Agriculture, clearing, burning, poisoning —

6 Likes