Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 2)

Using High Times as fact, is like using the Bible as a history book.
LOT’s of man made up bullshit in both, with crumbs of truth scattered about.

10 Likes

That was a first hand account of a guy who was there at the time and met with the Haze brothers. I didn’t notice anything that was suspicious about the article. Everything lines up with what we already know about what was happening in California in the early 80’s. I’m sure there was a lot of BS in those magazines but some information was accurate. It would have been awesome to be at one of those harvest parties back then

6 Likes

I learned to not “throw out the baby with the bath water”. And good point @webeblzr , HT is not a scientific peer reviewed journal. Edit:Agree @Chara “But some information was accurate”, I say “eat the fish and spit the bones!”.
Hapi

7 Likes

We do have to recognize that there is little in the way of historical records about cannabis and the underground cannabis community from the time, so to a point, HT is something like the closest thing to a historical record we have.

4 Likes

I dont know about the historical facts of Haze but in the 1960s and 1970s California was a fucking GREAT place to be. I was there. :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :upside_down_face: :rainbow:

9 Likes

We’ll just have to differ on that . Some haze phenos go 22+ , although most kill anything that goes that long . Again depends on genetic makeup of that particular version . Many of the unadulterated Asian & Colombian strains are 20+ weekers , which is why they can be a pain to finish . An equatorial day is pretty much 12/12 , so plants are in no rush .

3 Likes

It’s the 25% NL5 that brings the long flowering times, :wink:

2 Likes

I could come back in twenty years and folks would still be having this conversation :joy:

7 Likes

Oh, trust me, it will be way more silly. I’ll be here for it lol

3 Likes

25 years ago, Haze was called the strongest cannabis on the planet now fast-forward to 2024 it’s become a great social high that flowers in 14 to 16 weeks.

Yet my Nevils Haze flowers consistently at 19 weeks or more, nothing under for me.

I guess open pollination may not have worked out well for Haze after all.

5 Likes

I’ve never seen a plant go that long outside in the tropics, stuff waiting that long lol.

It rarely does unfortunately, unless you are wanting a complete wild bunch or simply trying to preserve as much diversity as possible.
Selection is what turned us from hunter gatherers to farmers.

5 Likes

I waited over 6 months for a manipuri to finish and 24 weeks for OT haze so for me the wait is worth it if it’s great.

As for haze I am actually glad that haze has morphed into a more social high. At age 60 I don’t really chase the paranoid off your face experience anymore. I like social and euphoric.

6 Likes

I guess you’d have to grow Tom’s haze to see if open pollination works or not. Personally I’m not growing 100 plants to find tge 5 that are worth it.

6 Likes

If you want to cut to the chase, Maha Kala breeds with a 5% male in his projects, fyi. I just dopped more THH for this summer hunt
Hapi Haze growing

8 Likes

Well you can ask Nexus as his grown my NH F3s Toms Psi Haze Mad Maxs and I could be wrong here Gollis also.

I am more than happy with my Haze to be honest.

3 Likes

All the old lines pre Dutch were true breeding, all we did was throw down seed of a given line or lines we liked and culled the males. We knew what we would have at harvest beforehand.

I still think Haze is the strongest weed on the planet. Maybe some people are smoking the wrong Haze

6 Likes

[Uploading: 1000005489.jpg…]I’m hazing

14 Likes

Haze for me just represents the best of the old school sativa lines that we as in us older smokers grew up with. The best being the Thais and Colombians.

People can argue all they like about the origins and make up of Haze until the cows come home, but the reality is you get two main types of highs, being Thai and Colombian.

You can’t have a line made up of pure sativas just start to reduce its flowering time over a relatively short period, unless the line had been crossed to something faster in the past.

6 Likes

I think there’s some Mexican in there. I don’t care what anyone says

5 Likes