Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 2)

Early 90s was the time of Nag Champa Purple Haze sold in the coffeeshop in Rotterdam, but it was for a short time. Never seen it again afterwards.

6 Likes

Yes I had it there in Rotterdam too. Also Eindhoven had a coffee shop selling two different haze buds. I know exactly what you’re talking about. Now that really was the closest to real Nag Champa I’ve ever smoked. I found it again in one plant from seeds I brought home. That’s one of those things that you just had to be there to understand. I always think about that haze when I hear about incense hazes but they usually describe it as a green or gold so maybe that’s something else :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Speaking of Nag Champa, made me think of a guy I follow on IG, who used to do giveaway stashes around the city. In the stach kit he would have Nag champa crosses he made"Nag Breath" see pic, along with real Nag Champa incence to commemorate the smell.
I have a pack of a cross he made, you welcome to them, if you want, dm addy
Hapi growing

7 Likes

Better than haze? fighting words there brother lol. I guess what I was getting at, is that haze is now such a vague concept, and has passed through so many different peoples hands that it’s all speculation, so trying to define such a nebulous idea let alone claiming to be the sole source of absolute truth, is all but impossible. Why do we even bother with it?

The idea of absolutes in the heritage of any stoner related project ain’t like any stoner circle I’ve ever known anyway. The original creators, whoever they were, sound like they made haze by an ad hoc process of suck it at see, which is probably the truth behind a lot of what we have today if we are being honest.
Anyone trying to claim ownership of the ‘real story’ is just being an egotist and can’t possibly know and I don’t see the point in debating the unknowable, beyond accepting that it is unknown and unknowable.

Perhaps you are just being a paranoid and overly defensive mate? I have not personally attacked you, its all in your head.

Only fragile egos have to make everything about themselves. Maybe just feel adequate and argue the concepts instead of the person? it’s not you, it’s what you post.

Oh man. It’s Groundhog Day
lol. Time for a doobie.

Ima just gonna quote your own words off the Mr Nice forum back at you. Is it credible? It’s your story, you tell me.

“well neville did collect haze from the us i cant rember the date now but he did not use haze seeds from sam and the haze seed neville collected is the oldest vertion of haze dateing back to 69.”

The internet never forgets mate.

I see it as a debate, not an argument, they are very different.
Imho we can and should vigorously debate, just because that’s how ideas are ultimately hashed out, but it all goes sideways when people become overly invested in their personal perspective and lack sufficient flexibility to be able to grasp things from a different angle, even in the face of countering evidence.
And so they adopt a stubborn zero sum approach and take it personally.
It’s the old saying “When the facts change, I change my mind. What do you do, sir?”

And as ever it’s not a fight to the death here, we can always in a mature debate,
agree to disagree.:pray:

13 Likes

first before i reply to you lets just check out some pictures ,
this is the third last nevils haze x c5 mango ,
ive shown pictures of its sprawling frame growing in the green house already ,
these are the buds from her ,
like all the others very resinous and sticky while pruning ,
less of the large calyx action than the picture i added last of the remaining lass ,
the aroma reminds me of south east asian/thai/laos weed ,
with some sweetness , it will probably develop further as it dries like the others have done …

ok and now to you mr nexus ,
who seems to think its ok to call names ,
i will point out i certainly havent done that to anyone ,
this is the second or third time you have to me ,

personally after the “im a geneticist” stunt ,
i would think you have no credibility here any longer ,
anyhow here is the difference between a landrace and an heirloom ,

Heirloom strains are close relatives of landrace strains. These strains can be further broken down in “strain families.” Essentially, Heirlooms are just landraces grown somewhere else. This can be in a cultivation facility such as Solar, or your cousin’s backyard.

in future , keep my name out of your mouth please ,
hempy can protect and answer for himself , he is a grown man ,
and i dont want to interact with you anymore , for reasons pointed out above …

15 Likes

Incense Hazes nowadays are different from the Nag Champa Haze back then. There is a chance to find this aroma phenotype in Golli’s Haze. The Haze man how Golli calls the guy received the seeds early 2000 from Sam, but those seeds were probably made years earlier.

5 Likes

A few pics of Mango Haze S1s I made some years back.

Deliverance just starting to show pre flowers.

27 Likes

Sorry I’m way off topic but here’s my dj blueberries… just showing there is nice stuff. Terps are 100 percent blueberry syrup. Like I said earlier just don’t overwater or feed it anything. Grew these in recycled ffof soil, only water.

Anybody running the oldschool blue dream? Was my favorite cultivar for years.

23 Likes

Not sure on the blue dream you are talking about but I do have the Santa Cruz blue dream cut.

2 Likes

Maybe i’m way too much nostalgic, but it’s crazy how much people are prone to throw bricks at the face of each others. Instead buds.

I mean, i personally don’t smoke any pictures or any “authority argument”. And here, hazes are sold two digits a gram. If you’re enough lucky to reserve you share before it’s harvested. Money is devil blabla-utopia and all, ok, but still a democratic vote in the factual streets.

5 Likes

While im not into the name calling , denigration , character assassination etc ,
its important to me terminology is correct ,

heres a link about landraces compared with heirlooms ,
since despite being suggested they are the same , they most certainly are not …
i will highlight a few parts of the link so others can be more informed when speaking of those terms …
forums are about sharing and learning …

The traits of Landraces are their genetic variability which give them flexibility to cope with a range of environmental pressures such as diseases, drought, and other threats so that an entire crop will not perish in one go…

Heirloom varieties as the name suggests are pass-me-downs of good and useful older varieties, often vegetable, which have stood the test of time and survived for at least half a decade but usually much more. They are sufficiently valued to be kept going and maintained by individual gardeners and heritage seed libraries. They can perhaps be classified as more stable populations with more distinct phenotypes than landraces. Heirlooms are not necessarily bound to a locality whereas a landrace is. What landraces and heirlooms have in common is that they are all, of course, open pollinated types.

In modern hybrid varieties uniformity has replaced diversity and continues to do so. However diversity in crop varieties have often come to the rescue of modern genetically uniform crops because the genetically diverse open pollinated varieties carry resistance to a number of environmental disease and climate pressures.

12 Likes

Mango C5 haze from SHSC chugging along.

I know she’s not a pure-landrace-heirloom-vert 360-dynastic-argyle-synaptic-congolese-fritter, but it’s the closest I’ve come to growing haze by a country mile, and I’m looking forward to finding the real thing someday.

27 Likes

69 days today . She hasn’t even started flowering. Will be one of the longer flowering phenos.

A sibling also on 69 days

23 Likes

Very impressive grow TB this is what it’s all about, those should double in mass by the time you harvest great job.

5 Likes

Funny the discussion about landrace and heirloom. A heirloom is just a variety what once sold commercially at least 50 years ago. Landrace is just variety adapted to its environment for a long time, but could be feral.

Broadleaf Haze could be a cross with Skunk#1 imo or a cross with a broadleaf Mexican, who knows. If we ever know the real truth about it. Nevil has passed away and Sam is recovering from his last operation, but he told so many different stories in the past, it’s better to let it go.

Even the Colombian weed which were shipped to the US were from real landraces is a big question.

6 Likes

Is it tomato or TOmatO? Quite a bit of semantics being bandied around between landrace and heirloom. When I think of ToMaTOES, I think of the Amish taking what was likely a landrace set of seeds and breeding for their own liking. Like an heirloom. Right color, right flavor, harvests in time…yes. Now we’ve worked a landrace towards their heirloom. Am I dense or are we getting denser by the posted argument?

8 Likes

The broadleaf haze is most likely a Mexican throwback. They usually grow out of it in later life and go back to thin leaves during flower. I was thinking at first maybe there was some indica in there but after seeing them go through the life cycle a few times I think it’s just a different kind of sativa. It’s a very common trait in Mexican varieties to have wide leaves early in life but eventually grow out of it. Also I do feel like we are going nowhere in the landrace vs heirloom discussion. I don’t think it’s helping anyone to have these debates. I don’t even care anymore. It’s possible that something can be a landrace and an heirloom at the same time and we should leave it at that!

7 Likes

Reading this website suggested is for me close to read a book of David Icke. With a bunch of short-sighted revisionism on the true history of agronomic cultivars. I don’t mind about the weird promotion of open pollinations sincerely, go for it all :laughing: Darwinism apply to strategies too.

At one point I was close to read “60’s F1 have been promoted by reptilians to make captive the farmers”. F1s were how foreign cultivars were initially imported, introduced, hybridized then stabilized. To create all these “diabolic lines” among multiple lifespans. Not overnight with two F2. The bump in 60’s being entirely due to the industrial evolution and the tools/chemistry; the concern about diversity being entirely leveraged by mono-cropping efficiency. It’s a symptom. F1s have nothing to do with it.

Just like (true) grow-ops with our weed, at the difference that stoners self regulate diversity more. We can eat the same tomatoes during years, but smoking strictly the same weed … it’s more complicated. Still a drug cultivar not very prone to be dialed the same way that monoecious vegetables in term of strategies. Captain obvious again.

The temptation to call these initial lines “landraces that become heirloom” is great and very comfy intellectually, but again most of these utilitarian “landraces” were already worked since ages. And we are not talking about grand pa that self pollinate his strawberries, but how we survived as mankind since the start.

The Egg VS the Chicken to kill time, no problem, but pushing a placebo hierarchy in ignoring the past is quite borderline. I prefer this with the alien’s version actually.

3 Likes

I’ve grown broad-leaf Mexican, but it could be broad-leaf Colombian ( Mexican heritage) too, what they have used. Leaf shape doesn’t matter as long as the weed is good. Lemon Thai I grew was broad-leaf, but had a good cerebral high.

To the moderator 12hr waiting for the next answer is a bit extravagant.

4 Likes

i feel you on that one. you can tell people all about your actual experiences with growing and what you’ve learned…and they will turn around and throw a 30 year old book at you and say…no you are mistaken.

2 Likes