Addicted to HAZE - Haze only thread (Part 2)

This is to @TomHill, did you have to light dep the haze you grew in your neck of the woods to make sure it finished before November? Just needed to know the light threshold for like the 14 week types since should work in the lower states.

3 Likes

Samaras (Silver Haze x Amnesia) x Neville Haze
Southern haze collective

26 Likes

I know I was asking this question about the Sour Chem xTHH cross, maybe there is some plants ready under 12 weeks in those seeds with the light on 11/13
No I can’t grow outdoor.

1 Like

I am pulling tarp on them so that I can more accurately evaluate the entire run.

Everything will finish here in a greenhouse but evaluating those few 16+ weekers that finish with 10 hours of weak December sun is not a fair evaluation.

By running light dep through July and August the bulk should finish with far better light intensity.

I feel comfortable stopping the tarp pull around sept 1, when civil twilight hours drop to 13hrs daily.

23 Likes

Droppin gems as usual!!! One more quick question if you don’t mind?

When did you pop the seeds? How long of a veg, or did you start depping them as seedlings?

2 Likes

Whats with the 12 hours between posts in this thread?

2 Likes

From what I understand Haze can also cause some intense feels. Thus, the auto moderation of a delay in the hazy threads.

6 Likes

Canopy Samaras x Neville Haze and OH x G13Haze

21 Likes

I imagine Jefferson State 51 has different freeze dates. Sept 1 for 16+ weekers yeah that definitely is gold; I don’t know how many growers/breeders get this let alone be willing to share this knowledge.

Your DC does just fine in the hot Az sun, I will grow a patch of 8’ ones next year now that I have the time. This one isn’t that old but it I decided to let it flower. Reverse Tarp I guess. Problems or Solutions

18 Likes

Super Lemon Haze (sold to me as Franco Breeder Cut)
Day 56 since flip
sour, sweet, citrus, pine
7 gal Scrog in 2x4 tent under 200-250w sanlight evo 4-120

41 Likes

It looks like the daily use of Haze make some people quite nasty and they endlessly argue about who has the best haze so mods here decided to limit the numbers and frequency of posts to avoid too much fights.

4 Likes

Na mate - many people are smoking too many watered down hybrids and they’re having smoker’s remorse - regretting not growing out the real deal ( indica free )

4 Likes

Some people just don’t get on, it has nothing to do with what people are smoking.

I am sure if people keep it on topic and keep the targeted insults out of the thread, then in time the powers that be will remove the 12-hour post limit.

6 Likes

Nah, Thai always had some of the largest trichome heads I’ve ever seen. Broadleafs can have them too but they are certainly not exclusive to them or correlated in any way. Many of these modern varieties that don’t measure up sport dense trichome fields with woefully small heads and mediocre cannabinoid profiles.

Not too many years ago we would hear guys go on about how resin did not matter as some of the best weed they ever smoked wasn’t very resinous yada yada. What they were actually experiencing were plants with a weaker trichome field density but very large heads coupled with an excellent cannabinoid profile.

In visual judgement especially in today’s age of Instagram etc, we really should understand the importance of all 3 and how they work together - field density, head size, cannabinoid profile. All 3 need to be on point to really knock it out of the park. See the forest through the trees and all that.

28 Likes

My god you can’t take a joke just for what it is, a damn joke, relax, get some haze and try to smile

1 Like

Words to live by….

7 Likes

KEEP THE HAZE FLOATING AROUND

I’ve only grown 3 hazes

I’ve been smoking original haze daily for about 6 months now. There is no bag appeal just a hit on the face.

Original Haze by AG SEEDDS (16 weeks of flower)

Purple Haze x Malawi ACE Seeds ( 20 weeks flowering)

A5 Killer Haze ACE Seeds (60 days of flower )

Description Here

at ACE Seeds we’ve done it again with Killer A5 Haze, creating a monstrous new sativa hybrid that has the potential to produce the most potent plants, with the highest amount of THC in our catalogue.

A5 Haze is one of the rarest mothers (and probably the most powerful one) belonging to the family of Dutch elite clones of Haze hybrids that Neville Schoenmakers developed at the end of the 80s and that are still preserved to this day. This Northern Lights #5/Haze A mother is characterised by its extremely trippy and devastating potency, high production and by its incensed, organic and meaty aromas of authentic Dutch ‘Old School’ Haze with a greater influence from ancient Colombian sativas. The rarity of this A5 Haze mother is due to Neville losing the Haze A male very early on, meaning that seeds were never produced in commercial quantities using this Haze A male.

With Killer A5 Haze our main goal was to create a sativa dominant hybrid that would maintain (and even exceed) the extreme potency, high vigour and high yields of the A5 mother, and we have achieved this by hybridising her with the killer phenotypes of our powerful Malawi, with which we have increased the THC content even further, reaching as high as 30% (the upper limit that cannabis plants can produce). At the same time we have considerably increased resin production and trichome size, and we have reduced the long flowering time of the A5 Haze to something more moderate (not only indoors, but also in its faster reaction to flowering outdoors) without having to introduce indica genetics. Despite its great sativa vigour and its very high production, Killer A5 Haze grows with a contained and manageable size, making it our sativa dominant hybrid with the highest production per m2.

In Killer A5 Haze we find 4 phenotypes:

– Haze dominant pheno: This phenotype is the one that shows the greatest Colombian sativa influence from the Haze A male, producing huge and beautiful colas with an excellent flower/leaf ratio, which mature with elegant and delicate reflowerings. Woody and incensed aromas of pure Haze. The resin production of this pheno is good, but not as extreme as in the following 3 phenotypes. Flowering time: 75-90 days.

– NL/Haze pheno: This pheno shows a greater indica influence from the Northern Lights, and therefore a smaller size, faster flowering and lower flower/leaf ratio. It is also the most faithful to the characteristics of the original A5 Haze mother, producing rounded and very resinous flowers with a silver appearance, which produces characteristic horn-shaped reflowerings at the end of flowering. Incensed, meaty (liver) and organic (petals of decaying flowers) aromas. Flowering time: 66-80 days.

– Haze/Malawi pheno: Sativa dominant and well balanced pheno in terms of displaying characteristics from both Haze A and Malawi parents. It produces huge, very dense colas, with an excellent flower/leaf ratio, with the gleaming resin coverage of our Malawi. It produces slight reflowerings in its final stages, although not as pronounced as in the first 2 phenos. Incense and woody Haze aromas, with the oily and resinous background of Malawi. Flowering time: 75-85 days.

– Silverish Malawi pheno: Monstrous sativa phenotype with a greater Malawi influence. Incredibly high flower to leaf ratio, very high production, with the classic huge trichomes and ovaries of our Malawi, and with a prodigious resin production that lends it an aggressive silverish appearance when mature, bringing the characteristics of Malawi Killer phenotypes to very extreme levels that have rarely been reached before. Flowering time: 75-85 days.

With these new projects, our priority will be to try to raise the bar of Sativa Haze breeding, by crossing these old elite Dutch Haze clones with elite parentals of our most worked sativa varieties, and also in organoleptic terms, experimenting with different types of incense profiles by hybridising elite parents in this regard.

We’d especially like to thank Karma for rescuing the A5 Haze mother, and for offering it to us for the development of Killer A5 Haze.

30 Likes

Droppin on in on my lunchbreak to share my(Ft. Collins Cough x SSSD) x (Kali Mist x SSSD) at the onset of flower. (bottom left is differnt plant) check out my summer grow if you haven’t already.

28 Likes

impressive wall of greens…reminds me of pix from Nepal

4 Likes

One of my favorite subs :metal:

Super Silver Haze in a 5 gallon

26 Likes