Adventures in seed poppin and pollen tossin

and a couple more pics… looking a little haggard from the heat… the three fraser valley bluberry hashplant x dr atomic blueberry northern lights females that survived the winter’s torture testing and will be fully pollinated in a few weeks.

and the male outside and showing lots of pre flower pods I have been pinching off daily.
Part of stressing him was weak lighting and shorter and often random daylengths so he kinda got confused when I stuck him in good sunlight with lengthening days. But as we approach the trigger point at mid august… he is just showing that he is ready to spread his blueberry junk all over those girls.

They are going to be moved indoors under lights to flower together on the same 8am/8pm schedule so once I am satisfied that they have been fully and truly knocked up… then I’ll spray them down to kill residual pollen and move them back out the the greenhouse.

Now here is a pet project of mine the Bubba Royale which are carried by one of the site sponsors that I won’t name as to not violate any rules here. Anyhow, this is the bringing together of a righteous Pre98 Bubba Kush S1 found in Verdant Green Stock knocked up with pollen from an incredible Aficionado/Mandelbrot Long Valley Royal Kush male.
Anyways, I am looking for Vigor and strong branching… I am looking for sticky stems and foral smells when the leaves are disturbed and most of all the dank sweet smell of a tire fire on the stem rubs.
I was also looking for a female that expressed the bubba traits as far as leaves and bud formation and of course the nose and flavor profiles of that creamy mocha/mossy/coffee and creaminess that coats the mouth. Both these strains offer rich and prolific flavor profiles and my hope is that this girl… out of dozens of seeds I’ve gone through now since I made the cross in 2019. I’m hope she is “the one” and if she is she will become P1 in breeding this line to S4. Gonna be fun times.

and who did I leave out… oh… last girl to the party is the OGKB 2.0

11 Likes

Oh and check out these two girls from S1 seeds of Humbolt Afghani from Twenty20Mendecino
pretty cool leaf expressions on the one.

10 Likes

Very nice setup and organized as well.

2 Likes

Yum OGKB AND Bubba crosses from VG? This just became one of my favorite threads to follow

2 Likes

thanx I appreciate that!! :slight_smile:

welcome to the show @Dr.VitaminGreen , lots of empty seats at the moment
The OGKB 2.0 is the clone only , originating from the garden of icmag member Chunkypigs. This is the cut he won the ic420 cup with in amsterdam in 2015(?) and was still unrivalled last I checked. It took me a few years to get my hands on her and she did not disappoint. This clone only was a Bagseed find in flowers grown by OGKushBreath that were dropped at dispensaries in the Bay area. After confirming which dispensaries, Chunkypigs went on a road trip to aquire those flowers before they were sold out. Pretty cool story from the beginning over on icmag. He has retired from breeding as of this year and was happy to know I was keeping several of his creations alive and adding them to my breeding room.

The Verdant Green P98Bubba Kush S1 seeds were sure worth grabbing at the time. I think he still releases batches of them from time to time but they have to be ordered from across the pond. Most plant were decent and similar but a couple out of the 18 seeds I’ve grown so far have really stood out and it’s one of those that I chose to make the Bubba Royale with. Everyone who tested it gave it very high praise and several have literally begged me to make S1 seed of the line… so it will go that way and sometime this winter the STS spray will come out and those folks will get their wish :slight_smile:

The only pollen I’ll be tossin this summer will be the blueberry cross male. I “might” hit up a branch of the OGKB 2.0 and I’m pondering hitting up an 88g13hp female with that blueberry spunk… we’ll see. Once I get pollen in my hands I’m a bit of a compulsive pollen chucker alongside my breeding goals LOL

10 Likes

just finding this out through your comment about Blueberry and the Fraser Valley Blueberry Hashplant, will stick around to see your wonderful journal, and would love to pick your brain about some of the historical strains from the bc scene over the years :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah man would love be to see what you got from this season.

I remember your grow well as it was a real eye opener as to what could be done in BC outdoors. I’m in Victoria and the fall slays me here outside haha. I’ve ended up indoor focused, but when I’m not baby broke greenhouse is high on my list.

Oh and sorry for outing you. I’d not thought about the sponsor issue. They do get there in the end. Might take a while.

3 Likes

ya sorry to those following that I kinda dropped off. Just personal stuff and I was off the forums for a bit and then hunting season at same time as harvest time LOL Just too much on my plate to keep a thread going.
Some highlights from this summers harvest… and everything I do is light dep, by hand, moving the plants in at 8pm and out at 8am though I start shaving an hour off incrementally as my season gets closer to the natural 12/12. Gotta be harvested in september as October is a total gamble. This year was a very late summer but my plants were all down in september.
Bubba Royal (verdant green bubba S1 x Aficionado Long Valley Royal Kush)

@Tonygreen 's Bubble Head Fems

Bodhi Seeds Grandma’s Hashplant

13 Likes

let’s see what else was in that there greenhouse
this was looking back towards the door , I think I had harvested a couple of the bigger plants already but those would be behind me in the pic. The pots contain a mix of Chunky’s Bagseeds Scoutbreath (ogkb 2.0 bx1) , Pimp Juice and SFV Breath … every plant is a pleasure to smoke and a couple are seriously hard hitters.

88G13Hp #3 (barefrog seeds)

88G13HP #4 (barefrog seeds)

hmmmm what else…
oh we can’t forget the clone only OGKB 2.0 (chunky pigs 2015 amsterdam cup winner)

16 Likes

that’s it for now but I have a whole bunch on my plate indoors so when I get organized and things on the go I will keep the thread going. I’m currently waiting on some pollen to arrive so I can make more seeds with the 88g13hp. Such awesome smoke that stuff is and potent too.

Lot’s coming down the pipe as far as seed poppin and pollen tossin goes… the adventures will continue :wink:

7 Likes

Nice selection. Should be happy for the winter with that!

The grandmas hashplant looks good. The fact youve run that long says a lot. I’ve yet to get hold of it but I managed to get booty which sounds promising from reviews.

How was the bubblehead? I’ve heard good things. I tried his pine tar gush and that was great. I’ve got some of the g unit as well and haven’t tried them yet.

Looking forward to see what you’ve got coming up!

2 Likes

Bubblehead is good… but I am going to run clones of those 2 plants through my indoor flower room to see how they perform inside. Strong smoke and tasty but still curing so a couple more weeks or so and I will re evaluate those jars. G-unit is well worth growing. I still have a bit of that left in the jars from flowering last spring indoor. Nice gassy stuff that is. Pine tar gush was some really good weed… I have those pencilled in for the new years seed pop actually.

I managed to snag another pack of the Grandma;s Hashplant in the last glg drop along with black triangle and the red eye jedi… I let my grandma’s hp cut go … I shouldn’t have but I did. Gotta make room so the journey can continue :wink:
My pollinations this summer turned out exceptional…for the fraser valley blueberry hp x blueberry nl BX1f2… and I did a pollination of a branch for myself and @lunchpale of OGKB 2.0 x {Scoutbreath x (scoutbreath x creme brule). Got a few hundred seeds off that branch and both of us are eager to sift thru those.

next on my plate is popping shiskaberry seeds (98 F1 x 2015 #3F2)… I have 50 to sift thru for P1 stock to pair with a righteous male … if I can find one in those thousands of BBX beans LOL
I short formed BBX for my notes but it is the Fraser Valley Blueberry HP(clone) x Dr Atomic blueberry northern lights BX1 (gifted by a friend some time ago) and I hit 3 selected females with a sticky stemmed very berry smelling male all hunted out of 40+ beans.
Anyhow… thats my plans… plus some other stuff… we’ll see
I can be unpredictable sometimes so plans can change on a dime. LOL maybe it’s adhd haha

17 Likes

Just a heads up here…
@sprinklememaynee

Yea, man this one looks really really good!
nice work! :star_struck:

4 Likes

@shag
I made those beans after selecting through a bunch of beans that were gifted to me by one of the canadian labs members that used to show off those huge rooms. you know the one.
I see that there is an “ill eagle bird seeds” here on OG but I don’t thnk it is the same person as our friend from the labs… coincidence I guess. But ya, those beans came from him via the old community seed bank and he also sent me a bunch at a later time. I sifted them for the most berry/blueberry smells , sticky stem rubs and by comparing veg pics to known “blueberry” strains for leaf types and structure. I had two males at first but ended up only using one to make the seeds with the three females. Now I will sift them for a special male to cross back to the Shiskaberry stock.
All the way to when I first joined the internet of weed forums in 2015 on icmag, my quest for Shiskaberry has never ended. What I have managed to find in seed form is close… but missing the berry expressions like i remember finding in the Shiskaberry of old. So recreating that has been an off and on goal for me for the last 7 years. I’ll nail it… even if it takes me another 7 LOL.

6 Likes

I do. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I thought the same thing, and you are right, seems not the one.

Shiskaberry without the berry seems so 2023 does it not…LOL

3 Likes

that picture is Bubba Royale…

here is some plants from the 98 spice of life shiskaberry x 2015 Ustad Shiskaberry 3f2
These were summer of 2019 in the greenhouse light dep.

14 Likes

I feel this is the trap of being excited about cannabis genetics. Always to little space, time and too many seeds haha.

Thats good to know. I’ve been more interesed in sour d since ran Santeros white x rez sour diesel IBL and that was excellent.

Yeah I highly recommend that one. I ran half a pack of the f2s and regret losing the cut I had Did you get the f2s or f3s?

Sounds like you can’t go wrong there.

This sounds like a great project. I’ve always loved good blueberry. I’m actually running some of peak seeds bbxkush at the moment to scratch that itch.
Is the Fraser valley blueberry a reeferman thing? I think I saw him selling crosses with that or is it just a cut of DJs stuff?
How was Dr Atomics stuff? I remember him from hemp depot , but he’d vanished by the time I had space to grow again.

This also sounds dangerous. I have a cut of mendobreath x blue note thats been a good introduction to that genepool. I’d been a “cookie” skeptic, after bad dispensary weed, until trying it.

4 Likes

the fraser valley blueberry hashplant…I don’t know if it was from the DJ gene pool and I don’t think it originated with reeferman. Pretty sure the clone was around long before him. I am not altogether sure of the history of the clone that was used to make these seeds but the guy that made them has 100% credibility. I was not really a follower of Dr atomic’s work as I avoided joining the online weed community and seed banks until 2015… arriving a little late on the scene. I have had a lot of education in these 7 short years of having an online presence.
Dr atomics NL work is well respected though and his work in general had a solid following from what I have learned.
The FV blueberry hashplant I remember was around in the 90’s and before the DJ Short Collection debuted as seeds in Vancouver BC. I grew an exceptional blueberry from 95 to 2000 but I also purchased DJ’s seeds in 1998. The plants were quite different but nice. I lost my old school biker hashplant, blueberry, NL5 and clones of keeper crosses I made in a move that was a tragic loss for me. The hashplant , BB and NL5 came from biker run commercial grows from the agricultural regions of Langley BC. My connection for those three clones dried up when buddy I was trimming for went and turned into a meth junky. So I have been searching for those ever since… especially that old hashplant. It is my holy grail and I have not seen it yet.
Some of the cookies and bubba kushes kind of remind me of it as far as the look of the leaves and flowers of the slower shorter phenos. The hashplant was not a big yielder, grew dark kinda shiny/waxy leaves with red petioles and streaks in the stem. It tasted like a fresh batch of trichomes with a bit of pine… maybe some citrus but also this earthy mossy funk… it also had a signature sandal wood type flavor on the exhale that was what i seek in today’s genetics. The 88G13HP plants i finished in the greenhouse actually have a hint of that sandalwood exhale and I am pretty much convinced that “the hashplant” I seek is in the 88g13hp… the search continues
Chunky Pigs (icmag) created something awesome when he grew out the OGKB bagseeds and the male he found (cookieboi) was one hell of a male. Of all the seeds I have grown out in the last 7 years his beans are some of my most cherished hehehe. He is no longer dropping seeds at seedbanks and is “retired” from the breeding game. So I am doing every thing I can to preserve the lines I grabbed in his very limitted drops. OGKB 2.0 was one of the females in the bagseeds he sprouted and he went on to win the IC420 cup in amsterdam in 2015 or 2016… then he crossed cookieboi male(brother) to the clone OGKB 2.0 and that produced Scoutbreath or as he refers to it OGKB 2.0 BX1. Every person I have shared my limitted amount of F2’s with has pretty much found keepers right away and are maintaining mother plants. Probably about 7 growers I know anyways.
Then @lunchpale , who I shared so beans and one of my cuts with a while back, made more beans with those and then added creme brule into the mix. Not sure if the creme brule was a male or female side of the equation. So he sent me pollen Scoutbreath x(scoutbreath x creme brule) and I use that pollent to knock up the OGKB 2.0(clone only) to make that batch of seeds… there will be some killer plants from those I’m thinkin but i won’t get to them till spring. Got too many other things on my plate LOL

6 Likes

Thats cool to know its distinct. I’ve never found much info on the local bc stuff online. So I’d assumed it was dj short related. Someone local mentioned they had an old biker bb cut here a few months ago, this makes me way more curious.

That must’ve been a moment. Amazing things to have had access too and then losing the connection. I got given really good NL5 when first came to vancouver around 2005. The quality was so much better than I’d had in my limited experience before that it was the benchmark for a while.

I feel like that hashplant hunt could be a whole long term project unto itself. Didn’t the old sensi Afghani #1 have a citrus sandalwood thing going on? I ran it once in 2001. First grow so memory maybe fuzzy.

I’d read the icmag posts. Pretty cool story and I didn’t know he’d retired. You definitely make me want to try some of Scout breath stuff it sounds damn impressive from your description! Out of curiosity what’s the vigour like on those? The mendobreath x bb I ran had glacial growth speed, it was like straight bubba or bb. Its the only thing that stops me running it more.

1 Like

When i got into the “cookie” realm of things it was with GSC/ Thin Mint ect and crosses mostly.
Then I read about the OGKushBush grower and the OGKB strain and it just became a must have thing. Problem was there was no way I could get a verified cut of ogkb nor could i find much for seed from any trusted sources. Then I stumbled onto chunkypigs thread in the fairly early stages and watched glg like a hawk for drops… which usually happened unannounced and in the wee hours of the morning like 2am pacific LOL So I managed to get a few packs and the seeds were worth the waiting and the $$. I’ve made some crosses and F2’s because I knew they were gonna be rare seeds and chunky was urging people to watch for killer males… I heeded that advice :smiley:
So the Scoutbreath, or OGKB 2.0 BX1 … first off they can be hard to crack as they have very thick shells. Everybody got fair warning of this if they were following his threads. A scuffing is recommended prior to germinating.
I find the plants to have good vigor and they are somewhat easy to grow. The OGKB 2.0 itself is a vigorous gal and she responds to topping and training well instead of slowing down in most other cookie types I’ve grown. She also yields way better than any cookie stuff I have grown and the flower density is insane.
When I compare the 30 sum seeds of I have grown of Scoutbreath … there is some variety in the seeds but i would say 2 in 10 are very similar to the clone mother in growth and flavor and the others are fantastic in thier own right. I have not had a female yet from those seeds that wasn’t excellent smoke after the cure. That is saying alot for a “breeder” who did a pollen chuck wth 4 seeds he found in legit OGKB dispensary flowers. 1 stellar female(ogkb 2.0) and the male from the 4 seeds he called “cookieboi”
Now he used Cookieboi on a few well known clones like SFV OG, ECSD, and a few others including some GG4 crosses. Those are the ones I have gone thru or still have in the seed storage.
here’s some pics from this summer of the Scoutbreaths. I have 6 more seeds of the originals that I will be popping pretty soon so i will show and tell when I do.

then here is a couple SFV OG x Cookieboi = SFV Breath

14 Likes