Adventures in seed poppin and pollen tossin

Well those look tasty as usual!

I remember when Gsc hit van and people were obsessed

This kind of amazing. He really lucked on finding something great especially in finding a well breeding male. Damn. I bet you were happy to have snagged those.

I’ve never had something produce that kind of consistent quality. A good reminder to set aside preconceptions about what will breed true.

How long did take you to get hold of the cut after that? I’m assuming trying the seeds made it a priority haha

On a side note, I saw you mention bad dawg and GLG. I’ve had great experiences with them as well. I’ve found something interesting every freebie I’ve run from them. I have a sunshine 4 x thunderfuck mountain. That’s pungent enough to make it past the carbon filter.

4 Likes

I think I got the cut in early 2021… I’d have to check my grow logs.
I don’t have many contacts for cuts this side of the border but one of my friends was brave enough to go down and meet up with a well known icmag member and managed to get a few cuts home. Crazy fucker LOL

I was thinking of asking chunkypigs if I can do a co-op seed run with the last pack of Locomotive Breath I’ve been holding onto … that one is ECSD x Cookieboi. We’ll see about that one later in 2023. Too much on my plate right now LOL

4 Likes

well I guess I have 2 grow threads going on now… Shishkaberry grow and this thread.
I’ll keep the shishkaberry stuff in the other thread and everything else I get up to in this one.
Seed popping day !!!
@Pigeonman 's Horny Horse Cherry Red Shit Fest… won a pack in a OG giveaway this past summer and figured I would give them a whirl. So 4 of the 8 seeds were chosen for germination.
Also soaking 6 seeds of DJ Short’s 90’s blues and 5 oldie seeds of Reeferman’s G13 (Airborne g13 x {airborne g13 x santa marta columbian gold})

Once these germinate the pics will get rolling
veg will be under a HLG 600Bspec LED

14 Likes

YEAHH!!! Awesome! I have 1 going right now in my 4x4 and holy-shit is it a beauty! I moved it upstairs to pollenate a few lower branches and the room the next day stank of cherries and gas. It’s “only” on week 4 of flower :rofl:

8 Likes

dropped a few more beans to soak today. Nothing crazy, just some fems … rude dog(texas jack) , Schromba (katsu) and Pre 98 Bubba(verdant green).
More seed popping in the weeks to come
been thinking about doing some autos on the side but will see how things go.
Just moved the trays with the sprouting seeds of the 90’s blues , horny horse cherry red shitfest and the G13. The 90’s blues are sprouting well with most above the soil , only one of the horny horse… and none of the G13… all of the horny horse and 90’s blues sprouted in the paper towels but only 3 of the five g13 sprouted. Since putting them in the starter pots I haven’t seen any signs of life yet in those… 5 seeds of 2009 vintage Lui x G13 is on deck to fill any vacant spots left by the horny horse and g13. The G13(referman) and the Lui x g13 are from the freezer/vault of the late Classic seeds, gifted to me by Texasjack. They are older seeds so hopefully I can get a few above ground.

Pictures will start rolling with next update with more details on how I do things around here :wink:

8 Likes

well a week has slid on by…
So in the end only one of the 4 horny horse cherry red shitfest made it above the soil. Not sure what went wrong but the losses were elsewhere too. Sadly only one of the reeferman G13 seeds made it above ground and its kinda looking stunted and lacking energy to start growing the first leaves… will monitor it.
90’s blues… 3 nice healthy seedlings and one mutant and 2 that stalled out in the soil so far… hmmmm.
So more seed was popped to start filling in the gaps.
Rude Dog fem is above the soil , Schromba is above ground, 1 of the 2 P98 Bubba is above ground… those were my last 2 seeds of Verdant Green’s P98 Bubba Kush S1 so hopefully they both take off.
I didn’t mention it in last post but I had a irrestistable compulsive urge to pop more seeds… so I dug into my 2017 made seeds of 98shiskaberry(f1) x 2015 ustad shishkaberry 3f2. I put down 10 seeds and only 9 sprouted in the paper towels. So 9 seeds with tails got planted into starter pots. Yesterday one was struggling to remove it’s helmet so I got out the toothpicks and eased the seed husk away from the seedling. It look wierd when I put my good glasses on and as I eased off the shell, I realize that I am looking at twins!!! That doesn’t happen to me all that often and in the end , 9 seeds gave me the 10 seedlings I was looking for. Don’t mind the fancy table cloth… I like to sprout seeds in the house during the winter so I can keep a close eye on them as they break the surface of the soil. Then they get transfered out to the grow room. I don’t have a grow space in the house, my rooms are in outbuildings.

15 Likes

This used to happen to me all the time until I switched up to Johnnypotseeds earth worm castings method. My variation is the top 1" of a solocup is pure EWC, and I plant the seed with rootlet down into a small hole in the moist castings with the top the seed still poking out of the soil.

This gets covered with a 4" pot for “mostly darkness” and mini-microclimate that can breath and stays in a tray with dome until they get going. Since doing this i’ve had 99% successful germination rates even with seeds I’ve had to dig up and hand crack a week after soaking due to hard as fuck shells.

I still have some HHCRSF kicking aboot so hollar if you needed a few more while I got them because I want this to be growing in your tent:

This is at the end of flowering week #6. :+1:

13 Likes

hmmm I forgot to update this thread again.
Things are progressing well though there are a few runts in the mix
Pre 98 bubba s1 … only one made it and it was a mutant runt with freaky coyteledons and no visible center growth. The past couple days have given me hope though as some growth is emerging finally.
The reeferman g13 seeds … I was really hoping these would germ well but they were old, from the late Classic’s freezer. One made it but like the bubba, it also had no center growth up until the other day when it also began to finally show signs of new growth.
Here is a pic of the two together, the closer one is the G13

I’m going to pop some 2009 vintage Lui x G13 , also from the Classic seeds collection. Only 5 seeds of those as well and I’m hoping to recombine that sole G13 with something from these seeds. Fingers crossed they germ well.

The 90’s blues… transplanted 3 of those yesterday to 1 gal the 4rth one is a bit slower and the 5th one was a rescue that was stuck below the soil with its helmet on so I removed it , shucked the shell and replanted it. It is showing signs of progressing normally but is way behind the others. More of those will be popped in the coming weeks.

Horny Horse Cherry Red Shitfest is also progressing nicely and transplanted to a 1 gal. Hope it’s a lady :wink:

What’s next… Katsu Seeds Schromba fem is the closer one and Rude Dog fem (texas jack/classic)

and lastly the Shishkaberry work that I am calling Tyne’s Shisk for now.
I think these will get transplanted on the weekend. One pot has twins and one pot has a mutant but they are all progressing

so… that’s it for now… thanx for tunin in :wink:

17 Likes

Nice mix @SHSC-. I love that Rude Dog! Anything I see related to Classic’s freezer looks like :fire: :fire: ! Watching Tyne’s Shish closely too. Might be 20 years now since I had that.

2 Likes

Just came across this…some really nice grows. Will be following along, cheers!

4 Likes

glad to have more folks taggin along.
Things will get steadily more interesting as the year rolls on. :wink:

A few quick picks from this evening.
the runts are starting to show more growth daily and I am sure happy to see the new growth tops forming on the P98 Bubba S1 and that lone survivor G13.
The main group of plants are doing well and in another week I think… it will be time to pop another round of seeds.
Here’s tonights pics

17 Likes

So its been 3 weeks since the last batch of seed went for a soak so let’s pop some more seed shall we??

Throwing down another 10 x 2017 Shishkaberry and another 6 x 90’s blues.
I am thinking of popping some autos too… I mean why not right?
So I;ll figure that out and get some soakin.

Here’s the 4 x 90’s Blues currently in thier #1 pots

and the Horny Horse Cherry Red Shitfest… was thinking of popping the rest of those but I think I will wait a few weeks.

and I posted these in my other thread but here is the shishkaberry group shot.

I should start adding some of my other plants/moms to this grow log so will get organized. They are in different rooms and I am often in and out so quick that I forget to take pics.
I also have the 88G13HP in the flower/seed room and I haven’t done any reporting in that so I’ll come back with more of what i have going on over here in the next update.

16 Likes

I’m blown away at what this thing did!

22 Likes

well things are rolling right along over here.
started another round of seed a week ago and they are up and growing strong.
I germinated 10 more of my 2017 Shishkaberry and they went 10 fer 10.
In the same tray I started 6 more 90’s blues but only 3 have come up so far.

The first batch of 2017 shishka are doing well and progressing nicely. Still giving them just water as they settle into the #1 pots that were pre wetted with nutrients.

Then there is the Reeferman G13 sole survivor is finally getting going with a good healthy root system so it got transplanted to the #1 pot today.

The Verdant Green P98 bubba S1 that also runted out is progressing finally as well.

hmmmm what else…
in this pic we have Katsu Schromba on the bottom and Classic’s Rude Dog on the top

and the Horny Horse Cherry Red Shitfest from @Pigeonman is becoming a real nice plant. Has nice structure and vigor… hoping it is a girl :wink:

and last, the 90’s Blues. The runt from this group was also transplanted to a #1 pot today

that’s about it for now

stay lit my friends :wink:

18 Likes

I forgot to mention that I am popping 5 seeds of Lui x G13 dated 2009 that are from the late Classic’s freezer via Texas Jack on another forum.
Might pop some autos shortly too but I am gonna have to order up some net pots first…

6 Likes

Old Timers Stash. 2 plants repotted to 3 gallon smart pots. In 2.5 gallons of soil. Peat and Prelite. Kind of late to top I think. @SHSC-1 any thoughts on how much these stretch? Might play in to how much longer I veg. The low stuff has been cleaned up some.

8 Likes

Old Timers Stash , I would expect the plant to at least double in size, maybe a bit more. I generally top them for several tops and that helps tame them some. They will be the typical “OG” type structure. Gonna be fun watching you grow those out , thanx for sharing the pic :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for that. As I just transplanted them, I might let them recover a couple days, then see about topping. Maybe. Don’t want to do too many potential stressers at once. Been there. Have to see how soon spots open up in the 4x4.

5 Likes

Forgot to add this @SHSC-1 . I love the consistency I see in the overall health of your plants, esp in veg. They always seem to start looking strong. Working on getting my youngsters so healthy. Pretty happy with the OTS. I abused a lot of plants last year for a few reasons we won’t repeat. :grin:

4 Likes

Nice to see 90s blues in action! Looking like some wide leaves.

3 Likes