Adventures in Yardwork

Nice. I am big fan of the 30. :sunglasses: :metal: :100:

1 Like

Any pictures you can share of the mature seeded plant?

1 Like

I’m looking through some now. Will post a few.

I want to say I had three short females and two tall (and four males), but I can’t actually remember atm, way too high.

4 Likes

A couple more:

8 Likes

Those photos and plants look great.

I miss growing outdoors in NE. Sorry to hear the weather isn’t cooperating.

The plant is expressing some variation, which could be fun to work with.

Tall grass is great, it slows down slugs and hides your plants in what is like a jungle to slugs. That is, if you plant your cannabis straight into the ground in the wild grass. Tall grass also attracts frogs and lizards which eat insects, and covers the soil, holding more water + harvesting dew which slides down the blades of grass into the soil. Grass is also accompanied by mycorrhizal fungi which helps everything grow.

Sow field beans next to your cannabis, or in the same pot, they fix nitrogen (chop and drop when they start flowering for most nitrogen) and caterpillars, aphids and probably slugs too will much prefer the bean plant over your cannabis. It’s a win-win.

Know that when you spray poison it never kills everything and the ones that survive that get eating by wildlife, it also poisons the wildlife. For example, catterpillar gets poisoned, bird eats catterpillar, bird gets poisoned, bird gets eaten by cat, cat gets poisoned… or bird gets eaten by bigger bird like an eagle, eagle gets poisoned…

Diversity in plants with companion crops will steer the unwanted insects away from your cannabis in a way that has more benefits than you can imagine.

The more different plants you grow closely together the better everything grows and the more balance is achieved.

If you have the space for it you can get ducks, they love eating slugs and catterpillars and you get free eggs that are more nutritious than chicken eggs. :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah, there are two distinct structures in there, tall and short. Given that it supposedly involved an old Afghani conventional wisdom was to look to the short plants.

1 Like

Heh, I don’t like duck eggs. I wonder how they’d do vs coyotes and foxes? I have a bad feeling I’d need a goose to protect the ducks.

Oddly enough, there are no lizards here. In my experience it’s better to try to keep on top of mowing the grass, the slugs hide in the damp shade under the grass… and seem to be bypassing the grass in favor of my plants. Mowing the grass lets the ground dry out (so wet this year) and hopefully helps cut down on ticks.

Agreed that insecticides and fungicides aren’t 100% effective, but from what I can tell the things I do spray do not pose a significant threat to birds or mammals. BT and Cease are soil bacteria, Regalia is a knotweed extract. Beauvaria Bassiana is a cordyceps fungi. I’m still undecided about using Beauvaria though, because bees.

1 Like

Hmm… interesting… every patch of land on this planet is unique… what works for one doesn’t always work for another… Life is a mystery more than anything.

I was ignorant about the sprays you used, thank you for using environmentally safe ones!

2 Likes

I really wish I had wrapped plant tags with packing tape on the handful of autos I have outdoors… I’m pretty sure this one is Black Creme x Creme de la Creme from @AzSeaindooin420?

3 Likes

Very likely:)

1 Like

One of the Lifesaver F2s from @Cartwright

You can kinda see what I’m working with this year… muck.

6 Likes

Great looking plant. Props. :sunglasses: :metal:

2 Likes

Excellent, that is a fine looking plant. Alot of muck to go around this year.

1 Like

Found a spot of rot on an auto earlier… I was spraying BT last night and it occurred to me that I really should’ve been more methodical about spraying the autos earlier in the season. The photoperiods I think I’m staying on top of it, but them photos…

Anyway, one of the Royal Processions I have out there… I’m really hoping they’re female, kinda hard to tell at the moment, but I’m hoping most of the males have shown themselves already. Topped… because I’ve been topping everything.

7 Likes

I like it. :sunglasses: :metal:

2 Likes

One of the more cabbage-y Petrolia Headstash F2s.

6 Likes

Been killing late showing males the last few days. There was a Gorilla Ghani I could’ve sworn was female… hadn’t looked closely for awhile but noticed a browning preflower and realized I should probably do another once over on everything… full on male, don’t think it had dropped much pollen yet, but yikes!

Kept hunting and found a few more. Ack! Most painful moment was ripping down a really nice looking Giesel x Schwaggy’s Skunk.

Lifesaver F2, female:

4 Likes

Black Creme x Creme de la Chem from @AzSeaindooin420 … doing pretty good so far. I’ve had to cut a bunch of buds off of some Triz from Twenty20 due to mold. Might partially be my fault though, I could’ve done better when it came to proactively spraying BT and Cease.

Should’ve done more with nutrition, but it’s been so damn rainy this year it’s limited what I could do in terms of watering.

9 Likes