Advice on a Reveg

So, total newb at outdoor growing and I was curious to know what some of you would do with this plant. I started it from seed and quickly got it into a 4in pot. I don’t think I mixed my soil properly or something and it got stunted along with all the others (also a newb at soil :sweat_smile:) So she stayed in that pot for probably too long and when it got warm enough I planted her directly into my raised bed outside. Shot up pretty quickly and at one point I broke her top off trying to train her sideways as to accommodate other plants in the bed. Anyways, she started flowering pretty quickly after being transplanted. In hindsight I’m pretty sure it was because she was under 24hr light in the tent :grimacing: lesson learned.

There she is. I hope you can see what shes doing. Pics dont really do justice. So what would you guys do? Think I should let her ride or cut her back or prune her some kinda way? I feel like shes gonna have problems later on being so dense.

11 Likes

She’s a trooper :+1:

I’d let her do her thing. Then when she grows normally I’d prune the center/superfluous stuff real good

11 Likes

Possibly/probably… I had one like that with 2 ages of buds on it…was kind of a mess. I’d brutalize it & cut it back to re grow or just hash it.

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Alot of folks around here put plants out a bit too soon this year. Told them to throw a security light on at night for a week. Hopefully by the third week on june things should look more normal… :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Yeah she really is a trooper :sweat_smile: I believe she one of @JohnnyPotseed’s Bloodhound. Beautiful plants. When I snapped the top I was able to get it rooted so my buddy now has that clone growing. I have another one inside and she’s beautiful as well.

2 Likes

In a situation like that cuz, there’s a lot of things you can do. All of the answers are ‘correct’ advice, and any can be done, It’s mainly up to you as the grower. Not having much outdoor growing experience, as in 'what to trim, what to leave, etc. I’d go with @Mithridate’s reply. Let her be, she’ll sort herself out, and further down the road, in a month or so, you can prune her back then. just my opiniion

11 Likes

Yeah I think I’ll let her ride. I think she’s beautiful just the way she is :heart_eyes::heart_eyes: Thanks fam :fist:

4 Likes

Definitely let her do her thing , and reap the rewards looking forward to seeing how this ends up tbh

2 Likes

It’s just gonna be super branchy but all is good

Depending on pot size you’ll want to be very selective about what branches you do keep tho

Too bushy and large of a plant outdoors can lead to the plants splitting but I’d say that’s really only a concern when going over 50-100 gallons of media

Just look for the thickest branches keep those and kill the wimpy looking ones

Give it time it’ll look normal within a month and a half or so I bet

5 Likes

Just FYI, revege can put up a lot of weird leaves, whorld phylotaxie and shit. Wait it out and you’ll see she reduces the leaf fingers and immediately begins to grow leaves with fingers again.

I’ve revegged a lot of plants indoors, but never outdoors, so take my advice above with a grain of salt lol

2 Likes

The only thing you may have to do( especially in a humid climate), is cut out the older flowers as they mature or they will be a great place for mold to gain a foothold. I even remove the pre flowers as they ripen and if I save every single calyx there is often enough to fill a pipe and judge potency well before the Harvest. As others have said the plant should switch back into vegetative mode soon. I began using this trait to my advantage. Great way to make a few seeds and have them ripen before thieves come around in the fall and you’ll still get a seedless Harvest as the new flowers form in Late July or August

5 Likes

That actually sounds like good advice. It does get quite humid here and that is my main concern. She’s setting up to have large dense colas and a lot of ppl around here struggle with bud rot so that might be the route I take. I’ll update with pics as she comes along :blush:

2 Likes

I can only speak for partially harvested reveg

But I often leave some of the lowest most nodes when I lollipop for the sole reason of having an easy to reveg point after the plant is chopped

I know not the case here but may still help someone
Post harvest reveg esp if flushing you want to let the pot dry out quite a bit before you chop the plant.
and you hardly water it for quite a long time it won’t drink much. Over saturation is the destroyer of worlds in post harvey reveg
I’ve noticed the drier a plant is kept the quicker it reverts

2 Likes

Yeah, perfectly put. If you water a reveg, you may be waiting for weeks to rewater/feed due to the lack of transpiration from the leaves and buds left. This will cause issues during early plant growth.
Use your moisture meter.

1 Like

So this is what she’s doing now

Not sure what to make of it. I assume this is normal??

2 Likes

Those leaves are super freaky but that’s normal. If she’s kicking out new growth then let her do her thing.

I would remove anything dead at this point (I can’t tell from the pic)

:+1:

2 Likes

Looks like things are coming along nicely. Way to go bro!

1 Like