Revegging mother

Ok im about to chop my sour strawberry she is so pretty and producing some nice buds that smell like fresh crushed strawberries…my question is id like to clip the buds and reveg her…would i just clip the buds when the timw comes…turn the lights back to 18/6 do a top dressing with some nutes and worm castings water a t hen hope for the best…would love to turn her into a mother

5 Likes

Yes your on the right track, a few airy buds are best for re vegging.
denser buds are prone to mould in vegging humidity and typically slower than airy buds to re veg, but do work

I try to leave foliage around the bud for some transpiration and i put them into 24hrs light, 18hrs will work I’m just more familiar with 24hrs.

Edit…fwiw the little suckers around the stem in late flower are sometimes the quickest to re veg due to the density or lack of it.

You need to leave foliage on the plant above it or it’ll die back.

13 Likes

Mine go into the light for 3 days straight and then fall back to 19/5.

Maybe throw some microbes in there, revive the soil.

5 Likes

18 or 24
Keep her on dry side for sure depending
On how much foliage is on her.
Be patient
Good luck

5 Likes

Yes. Be patient. I have had some plants take a whole month before they begin to put out new growth.

3 Likes

I got revenge on my mother. She never saw it coming.

6 Likes

Leave roughly 1/3 of the plant behind. Including buds and healthy leaves. Water as little as possible and do not feed anything until you start to see some reveg happening.
Usually takes 4-6 weeks until a cut can be taken , under 18/6.

Goodluck

6 Likes

When I reveg if it’s a ten week cuktivar I flip back to 24 hours light 2 weeks before I would normally harvest so at week 8 on a 10 week. I take the top 2/3 of the plant to smoke ant week 10 still and leave the rest to revegg. The smoke isn’t as good as a full proper finish but it’s usually still nice and the reveg has better chance of taking because it’s already been back under veg cycle prior to harvesting work pretty much everytime

4 Likes

i’d do 24 hours and leave as much plant material as you can. also be cautious to not overwater

4 Likes

@olschool Up-potting :wink:

1 Like

No im not uppotting

Up-potting is what prompts the roots to expand, which in turn, prompts new growth to form.

4 Likes

Fwiw late in flower if you decide you want to keep something you can air layer a branch, it roots and gets support from the mother until its time to cut away.

6 Likes

Yeah i know but she is in a good sized pot right now

2 Likes

Chop the root ball back.

5 Likes

Pics of it didn’t happen! :laughing:

Seriously though, there’s some great suggestions here. I can’t add much. Though pics might help us guide you better. :wink: