African landraces and heirloom thread

Ruh roh resized final

Sounds like it may be dangerously profound, will be curious to hear about how they turn out

EDIT: those spiritual and lysergic phenos are something else

2 Likes

I want me some Ukufu Gold.

2 Likes

wow ,this strain really is very interesting, can’t wait to see what this plant produces. Tag me when you get these going.

2 Likes

Did you get the pepper or pineapple?

1 Like

What’s going on guys!!! Super new to this and not quite sure what I’m doing haha playing around with the site abit!! Absolutely love this thread and have read through pretty much all the 340 pages🌱 my names Ryan from the Love of Landrace collective! Started smoking landraces and just never seem to adapt onto the modern hybrids. I started my instagram page documenting my African landrace trips and bringing in the old school genetics into the future of cannabis. I have covered most of Africa in rural areas, building trust and connections and helping the communities out where I can and all while collecting African landraces to bring back into open pollination, running 60 plants at a time to keep the diversity of these wild strains! Very excited to see what everyone has and grows. Going to be a lot more active on here once I have played around with this site haha ! I have just got back from a trip where I collected the ukufu strain in rural Transkei and made my way up to Ghana. Our next trip in June next year into Morocco for the Beldia and document the tradition hash making process respect guys!!! IMG_2938|522x500

32 Likes

Welcome to OG Ryan. Take a look at this link that will explain member levels and permissions. Glad to have you aboard!

6 Likes

Thanks for the welcome man! Ok noted!! Thanks for clearing that up!

4 Likes

Good to see you here also Ryan! Did you find anything interesting in Ghana?

3 Likes

@Hemlock, yea I did brother!! Got into some really hidden fields and the structure is wild. Really strong smelling plant, also got from another region that has an intense aroma of mango. Was a really cool trip. Pics will be loaded on insta soon🌱

11 Likes

Welcome, Ryan. It’s good to have you here and share your travel experiences. Have you visited the interior of Madagascar? Do you have any plans on visiting that area and exploring the local cultivars?

Ghana has some interesting cultivars. I grew out some Ghana seeds in 2015. The terpenes were unusual. Burned hair and chalk smells with electric/energizing effects. Were you able to collect anything there?

Can you speak to the soil composition in the areas that you have collected seeds? I saw the post about KwaZulu and how that particular field of very tall plants were growing in the compost of previous harvests.

6 Likes

Holy cow man those are beautiful plants. Your cannabis adventures sound amazing and the strains you’ve obtained. Can’t wait to see what you grow and how they look. Welcome to the community man. There is some landrace threads and area specific landrace threads.

3 Likes

@RoryBorealis hows it going brother, no I haven’t got into Madagascar and no plans just yet, there is a possibility of Zanzibar on the Swahili coast line in the future. I know farmers there growing landraces and it’s not going anywhere anytime soon. I’m focusing mainly on areas that have a threat of moving to modern hybrids and losing the landraces. As far as soil composition in Ghana. It’s a very clay and sand but we it’s fertile. Locals mix in wood ash, chicken and cow droppings and river sand and mix it in and plant and the plants thrive out on that equatorial belt.

14 Likes

@420noob thanks a mil for the welcome man!! Will definitely be looking at other threads of landrace once I get the hang of this forum haha there’s ALOT going on in here haha hard to keep up!

6 Likes

Welcome

Thanks for sharing all the love and doing what you do

2 Likes

You found the right place for landrace aficionados !

Your travels sounds great - nothing better than traditional ganga in-situ.

I hope you find some amazing Moroccain Beldia, I ran Bama Seeds Beldia this year - amazing stuff !

3 Likes

@drgreensleeves was really interested in that one. Hope he turns up again. That extra pack I got from you is being held for him. I didn’t know the name yet. Just knew it as spirit weed.

6 Likes

@Upstate the village is wild, they grow ukufu (death) in a separate field and use it for ceremonies to connect with ancestors. I spent 3 days in this village with them and got to smoke it, insane high, very trippy and zoned kind of high, the traditions of this village blew my mind, not aged 13 where stripped down and covered in clay and sent off into the bush for 2 weeks and to make it worse they where circumcised before they where sent off, no pain killers or anti septic and if they came back they where seen as men in the village and could take a wife. Was very blessed to get in the village and witness the traditional ways that really separate men from boys haha. Just a little back story of the village of the death strain

16 Likes

Now I just need to find those seeds!

9 Likes

Yeaa….aah……??? :thinking: I think. :grin:

4 Likes

Say what?!! Ganja that accesses the ancestral/astral plane. Sign me up for that trip.

5 Likes