Afropips Senegal Haze Repro

A good friend gifted me the last 4 seeds out of an original pack of Senegal Haze from Afropips two years ago, and I’ve been holding off on popping them on the off-chance I don’t get a male. So I wanted to throw it out to the community and see if anyone out here has any Senegal Haze seeds/pollen, or if not any pure Senegal (or some of Snowhigh’s work with it). Failing all of that, I’m curious what you guys think you’d hit it with to continue working the line?

Thanks hermanos and hermanas

21 Likes

Off the top of my head I’d start them all and some other stuff you might like to see hybridized. If you get males and females, perfect, reproduction.

If not, cool. Hybrids are nice too and I think it would make some nice ones.

6 Likes

Well.

If ace seeds can pick a pck male to cross to their malawi gold and still sell it as pure, anything goes.
It was a while ago :kissing_heart:

Left hooks aside, a clear headed Tom Hill haze or something vibrant from the same continent, maybe malawi from afro would pair well.

10 Likes

Ha ha ha what do you mean, Paki is basically Malawi! Jokes aside I did see a dude that had a pheno of their latest release that was at 20 weeks and still going. The other two he ran had gone 17, I was super surprised having grown their Malawi and Zamaldelica in the past. Yeah, Afropips Malawi was one I was definitely thinking of, although I just emailed John (Snowhigh) to see what he recommended or get that Red Thai x Senegalese cross from him so we’ll see.

9 Likes

The last few years their team made an effort to breed toward the long flowering yeah. Still 10 weeks purple squat malawi isn’t a thing lol

Honestly I had never heard of Senegal haze until now but one reason I brought up afropips malawi is , I do have a pack of it by way of Sebring to Middleman to me, they may or not be the original, but are old or at least germ rates are said to be low. In the next week I’m setting up a super duper old seeds popping setup and starting everything in my stash in desperate need to be preserved.

Original afropips stock is rarer then hens teeth, have you considered gearing up on STS and maybe, for lack of a male, reverse a cut or two and keep the line pure and play around with crosses using fresh stock?

9 Likes

For sure, I’ll definitely be taking clones of everything and if all else fails, I’ll just do a reversal and see what we get

5 Likes

Most wonderful :tipping_hand_man::sparkles:

Edit : lmao that emoji

4 Likes

pop them all your a winner either way. maybe you get 3 females and a male,

6 Likes

Heck yeah; pop em all I will be watching along!
Good luck I hope you get some kale and female to keep it going as is, and throw some other females in there to make some cool crosses!

4 Likes

Potentially get in touch with @Guitarzan or other member of the Freakers.
They don’t list Senegal Haze on the master list, but they might “know a guy”

5 Likes

@headybearadVentures master list? oooh! Please do tell, where might I locate said list? My fine fellow :slight_smile: lol thanks

2 Likes

I just popped the only 3 seeds I had left of an Afropips Malawi. The rest were crushed and it’s been a good while since I got them. If I get a male I can let you know.

4 Likes

Righteous, thanks man!

I might know some who has some. Actually have you tried underground seeds ? If he says he hasnt got it, hit me up and il put you in touch with someone who has. They may be waiting to do a repo of it so you might have to wait.

3 Likes

You talking about @Cristalin, at Underground Collective? He had an account here but LJ asked him to become a sponsor after a while and he hasn’t been back as far as I know.

Well I see he was here in April. Might want to give him a shout. I’m not sure how to contact him now but he knows a lot of people here. @santero or maybe @saxo may know if nobody else does.

I suppose he has an IG or some business contact.

I’m pretty sure that’s where my Malawi Gold came from. I have his Uzbek, Afghan CBD x Black Afghani, and may the Turkish that @saxo sent me. It may only be crosses. I’ve gotta dig it out.

Here’s the thread he was in on April; “African landraces and heirloom thread”.

There might be some clues in the thread. I haven’t read it all.

2 Likes

Hi

Thx @GMan

Malawi gold will be repro but for the moment it’s not available and don’t be !

Thx

3 Likes

@ClassicGenetix I did a small STS repro of Mulanje last winter and was lucky enough to get a few seeds. I’d be happy to send a couple your way if you’d like to include them.

2 Likes

That’s very generous, thank you my friend! I’d love to run those and looks like Mt Zion references them as a good breeding tool for stabilizing without stepping on other genetics, so that could be perfect! I’ll send you a DM along with my list in case there’s anything I can send your way as well

2 Likes