Have a few landraces/ heirlooms I need ran

I won’t be in town to ship these very soon but I’m scared of loosing them! I have a Mexican x Brazilian heirloom supposed to be the first family to grow high grade in Mexico it was a cross of all the local landraces ( these the shorter plants) crossed with a Brazilian x mex highland Oaxaca, a mix of Acapulco gold, mex red bud and mabey something else stored in my uncles basement since the mid- late 70’s and now just sitting in my fridge, a few rainbow something from Mexico also very old! Guatemala landrace I might just do. PCK, also Mazar I sheriff and Hawaiian Punch that aren’t endangered really but they need more pheno hunting unlike the first two to find a keeper. Almost forgot Colombian mangobiche! Also have some guatimala x (purple elephant x pck) if anyone wants to grow them out!! Some of these seeds need special treatment so please don’t ask for them unless u have some experience!!

47 Likes

Nice nug shots. Sounds like a pretty Kick-Ass mix of genetics. Hopefully you can find someone to grow some of those out for you. Somebody was looking for mangobiche recently. @YoBigdaddy was it you?

6 Likes

Beautiful buds! Just like I remember on gramp’s farm in Cali in the '50s-60s

7 Likes

If I had a taller ceiling and more patience. But those pure sativas just take so long and get to tall for my space.

4 Likes

They need to be outdoors to do the best, but they can be controlled indoors and kept well under 8-9’
Outdoors I let em go, but indoors I keep them around 5-6’…seen 10-12’ no prob outdoors lol

8 Likes

Yes that was definitely me. Sent message

3 Likes

That mangobiche is a great strain.

6 Likes

As far as the length of flowering time goes, you’re screwed,:rofl: but I can help you out in the height Department​:grin:lol. Small containers is the trick. Fox Farm soil with a little bit of compost ,earthworm castings and perlite. sativas are so good on nutrients they do well in small containers. I have a couple Panama plants barely over a foot tall at week 12 flowering… and last season I finished 14 to 16 week Malawi at under 2 ft with a decent yield… you can do it if it’s something you’ve wanted to do… don’t let the height thing stop you

17 Likes

When you say small containers how small are we talking?

4 Likes

Yeah i know height can be overcome, but i can be in early flower with a 4 week veg on a second crop in the time it takes to finish those old-school sativas. One day when I have the space or some land I’d love to try them, but until then it’s gonna be mostly fast flowering hybrids. I’ll get there though.

7 Likes

6" - 12" ‘trade pots’ are fine for indoors, as long as you don’t veg too long. Then they can get rootbound and suffer…
If you want them to be great instead of just ‘so-so’ I’d recommend going in those for 6-8 weeks then up-pot to 5gal

9 Likes

I’d love to try some of those

Honestly I take the cuttings and put them straight into flower to get the best results indoors but the Hawaiian Punch “harvested oct 30th”and Guatemala 11-12 weals and super fire sticky stink bombs lol. Those are easily doabable indoors! Guatemala grows pretty slow and makes up for it in streatch! The punch yields stupid and I think with some hunting will find some unique fruity terps!

6 Likes

LOL yep, that’d definitely keep 'em short! I reckon I should edit my post earlier on how to manage them babies in indoor growing :grinning: :sunglasses: :wink:

3 Likes

I do frequent transplants, and I haven’t determined yet if I can avoid doing one or more of them , but for now it seems to keep them happy and growing steadily and slowly.
I start with a 20 oz beer cup and grow them in this for about 3 weeks.
Then I transplant it into half gallon, grow for another week and flip to flower.
Two weeks more and they go into 1 gallon containers, and I keep them in this size container until the stretch is done. The stretch. For sativas it normally lasts about six to eight weeks. If I am halfway through the stretch or more, and I see that they are on the small side, I might transplant into 2 gallon. Otherwise I wait until at least six weeks of flowering is up before they go into 2 gallon.
Somewhere around the 12-week mark I decide whether or not they need to be up potted into 3 gallon or even 5-gallon containers until the Finish. This provides the nutrients they need to get a decent yield even though they are small. The thing with pure sativas is that they are very easy to overfeed. I have found that transplanting is easier for me than figuring out what all these different sativas need individually. If they like the soil they are in, continue to use that soil for each transplant and they will stay happy. I wouldn’t do pure indicas the same way… their Roots like to stretch more and you needs a larger containers to get some size out of them

14 Likes

Did you have hermaphrodites with the Guatemala? Overall how did you like it? How was The Buzz?

2 Likes

It’s one of the best landraces I’ve grown honestly!

4 Likes

No buzz just blasted lol is super upbeat and strong hangs in there with the strongest strains tall one r lemon shorts r more gassy!

8 Likes

can’t find how to answer your post "landrancs/heirlom seeds needing to running. Count me in - if not to late PM me !!! Thanks

5 Likes

You can’t answer because you are too New. This is your very first post. Welcome to OG. Hang around, read, share and gain some trust. The first thing you should do is go on the introduces thread and tell us about you. Read FAQ and Community guide. There is lots of knowledge and OG love here.
:green_heart: :seedling:

16 Likes