After 6months one of my plants is refusing to stay in veg

No I have not either
If anything they get crazy bushy branchy.

1 Like

I’ve held blue dream for over 15 years with no issues , I make new moms every 3 months or so. Have a couple others I’ve been keeping for the last five years or so , always be cloning , keep back ups keep batteries and led lights for outages , the struggle is real.

1 Like

Good to know! It looks like I have a blueberry male that I found today. I am closing down at the end of Dec until March but want to keep it going thru the winter, clone, chop, grow clone until the spring to breed with. or do you just chop it in the middle when it gets to big? Is that a better way of doing it? What type of soil do you have it in and how often do you feed it?

GR

1 Like

It’s the Genetics, never hermies. I just put them away from the light until I need them. And I keep them under a foot. As far as genetics and sexual purity. Test by stressing and only breed the non hermies. And never breed if it has hermies in it’s line. The genetics have been screwed by breeding with fems.

1 Like

In my opinion, this phenomenon is a combination of genetic predisposition and root space.

I have a paki mother, that did exactly this. After close to a year it started heavily throwing preflowers. Same conditions from the start, low light, same pot, 24hrs. All clones I took, however, after rooting and repotting grew out of it in no time.

To ultimately test it, I grew out a clone and made them the new motger and put the mother from the mother tent in my large tent, repotted her in a huge pot and ran her as a single plant scrog. After she’d grown out of the preflowers, she stayed an in veg as long as I kept the light cycle and flowered as usual when I switched.