Why is our old Seedbatch always flowering from the Start?

Hey peoples, i have this very old Seedstash , should be a Sativaleaning old Hawaiian Line…

I try to sprout it, and it flowers from the Start… Its a Male:

But why?
This is our secound Seed we got to sprout, the first time the Grower had the lighshedule on 11/13 , and it did the same (understandable so), but not this Time

the previous Attempt:

Why is this supposed Sativa flowering so fast ???

9 Likes

The Problem is i want to preserve it… i hope the Pollen will be enough, till we have a femal to pollinate it.

but whats going on? i wanted to collect tonns of pollen, not just a tiny breeze . :grimacing:
Actuall i wanted to keep Clones alive to outcross it , but that aint work, right?

I need to preserve it… tss

3 Likes

Another grower on here has been trying to run a 50 year old viet nam strain and is having a very similar problem, I suspect a survival mechanism at work here, @HappyTrees23s is the guy.

6 Likes

i think thats the same strain. it was from a giveaway here on OG, the Hawaiian Vietnamese.

3 Likes

I think it may be an extreme case of blue balls.

9 Likes

The 2 times I’ve seen that happen it was a root development issue
(very underdeveloped), one was from seed and the other was a clone.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

They are old Seeds… unknown age, but shurely old, ultra low Germaratio… Me too thinks its Survialmechanism caused by Age.

4 Likes

Out of likes, I will be back later to carpet bomb this thread :wink: :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::grin:

1 Like

Growing out some DJ gear he preserved from the 90’s. Gave every plant a root trim as I up-potted. But didn’t stop them from flowering. I have confidence in my revegg skills. :wink: one herm popped up, it’s dead. But two are making seeds maybe 20 or so.

Maybe top them after the first node to encourage new growth is my thought.

8 Likes

Is there a possibility the soil is too hot or the pH is off? Stress of some sort can make them do that.

8 Likes

Can you clarify the light schedule. Cuz it says 11/13 on which there is a chance they would flower. Sometimes males bolt, ones that do that are not usually the ones you want to use.

2 Likes

the Female in the 2nd Pic had 11/13shedule … i made it clear that i wasnt relly happy about that… gave him secound chance, so i guess he corrected it this secound time…
So the male (1st Pic) should not be under flowering-shedule i assume…

2 Likes

Do you know what schedule he has it under ? I would try an put that plant under 24hour on an see what happens. If its still flowering it means its bolting which isn’t really a male you want to use.

2 Likes

ill have to ask him. ill use it anyway, its old Genes man.
Things like PH … i cant say man,

3 Likes

See if you guys can get it to kick out of that on 24 hr on. If it does you should be all good. Update us as to how you get on please.

5 Likes

How strong are his lights? Low light levels could stress it…

How’s humidity?

4 Likes

I was wondering about temps and humidity too? I find that cold can trigger males.

3 Likes

:thinking: You started them on a flowering light schedule and you’re wondering why they’re flowering? I’d put them on a veg schedule, 18 or 24hrs on and see how they do. My guess is they aren’t true sativa’s or there’s root issues preventing the usual massive growth on pure sativa’s.

5 Likes

aaach, please read exactly… He did not put it under 11/13 the secound run… The run with the male…
and its supposed Sativa…

3 Likes

Then they’re either auto’s or massively stunted/root issues. Soil too hot, something to that affect.

3 Likes