AG Mutant - to kill or not to kill?

What are you thoughts about Mutant phenos? Has there ever been a time when you were glad you kept one?
running @WoodstockFarmacy AG and out of the 4 I have they all have the same growth structure besides one that is just half the size. It looks healthy just super tiny.
Wondering if I should just kill it as I’m limited on space. Just so hard to do it as it could be “the keeper”.

Are mutants ever keepers? Thoughts?

1 Like

If your space is limited I would cull it.

Grow vigorous plants! Either for smoke or especially for seed.

1 Like

I have had a couple of mutants, they were keepers, produced about 30% more bud than the normal ones.

2 Likes

Interesting. What gave them mutant characteristics?

1 Like

I actually just shared this with another person on a different thread but here is mine. I kept it since I have plenty of space and since it was my first genetic abnormality I wanted to watch and learn from it. (First photo is it at 7 days 2nd at 18 days) the leaves wrinkled and twisted 180 degrees starting as soon as it popped soil. Very very slow growth. Itgrew 6 leaves from the third node and just stopped for a week. I transplanted into 5g and started to feed it a little and it has new growth now but still a little freaky and way behind identical sister plant. Last photo is at 25 days and next to its sister plant. They popped soil one day apart.

5 Likes

If you have room grow it, if not cull it.

1 Like

The leaves looked like they had been folded up and down the whole length like a staircase only closer together, like an accordian bellows, so they were less than half the normal length. I will see if I can find a pic.

Should try keep it …some of the smaller plants
Grow
Killer bud

1 Like

Depends what you plan on doing with it and how much space you have.

I do not find runts to be worth growing. If you’re like me, you have more seeds than you know what to do with, toss it and grow another seed.

If it’s Acapulco Gold that shit is going to absolutely take over your space anyway.

If you’re thinking of making seeds, absolutely toss it. Ain’t nobody got time for runts. I consider them defective and unsuitable for breeding.

1 Like

Definitely not for breeding…just personal smoke. looking for find my keeper so to speak. given that i do not have much room and it’s AG, maybe a smaller growing pheno might not be so bad especially if it produces something unique…

curious about experiences when you were glad you kept a slow starter.