Should I or shouldn’t I?

I have this one bizarro world seedling that came out of a cross I just did from some Texada clones and a mystery male

that is super healthy but as you can see it’s mutated twisted to the point it’s almost topping itself.Should I Ax this one ?Or should I show it mercy?What do you guys think?

3 Likes

Would you miss the room? I has one that had an odd leaf sticking out. I tossed it because I have 50 plants going eight now and at some point will be weeding out others just due to space conditions. But at this size you could keep it around for a time yet just for curiosity sake.

2 Likes

I have the room just wondering if I should mess with this.The leaves look like lettuce.I’m always fascinated with cannabis that don’t look like cannabis.I always wanted a wierd strain that didn’t look like weed when it was illegal here.Now it’s a novelty thing

2 Likes

Then an easy question. Keep it around until the novelty wears off.

2 Likes

I had one do that on the last grow.
It ‘got it’s feces collated’ :smile: by the 3rd node and sorted itself out. I would suggest not breeding it though.

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Not breeding this guy I used a mutated male and I’m trying to pick through the bad and the good.I ended up pulling out a near perfect wide leaf variety out of the cross.The rest has slight variations here and there but not near as messed up as the twisted sister.

7 Likes

I wonder what causes the leaf mutations like this?

1 Like

If you liked the mother then I’d keep her, I’v heard that sometimes the texada can pass on its crazy twisted leafs. They don’t call it twister for nothing

1 Like

Don’t waste time, space, and money on runts and mutants.

No reason Cannabis can’t be an ornamental plant…but I’m assuming you’re growing it for the flowers.

2 Likes

If you’ve got space and curiosity go for it … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

I always experiment with plants that act funny. Try to figure out what makes them tick

1 Like

Go for it,what you got to loose

2 Likes

Murder it.

Even if you pollinate it for fun are you going to spend the time to grow out the seeds?

I wouldn’t but to each their own.

1 Like

@George would have to mention curiosity lol

2 Likes

Boron deficiency. Nothing else.

That is patently untrue. Boron deficiency has nothing to do with it. It’s genetic.

1 Like

Is Boron like the new Cal mag deficiency of the month?

3 Likes

B deficiency? In a seedling? C’mon man.

2 Likes

Kill it…NOW

2 Likes

I wouldn’t dismiss the Boron angle ‘out of hand’. :thinking:
Ok, Boron deficiency is almost always something out of whack like PH etc.
BUT… Mulder’s chart shows that N, Ca & K are all antagonists to B…

Personally I’d lean towards a virus but that’s ‘just a hunch’ on my part.
My experience with these weird runts is they usually shake it off by node 6 thereabouts and then grow normally.

Cheers
G

2 Likes