Agroecological guerrilla, in search of the True Brazilian Sativa

I will be very happy to pop these beans :joy::joy:, thanks.

As for the seed races, I’m watching, I talked to @Vertebrata, who distributes from Sebring in South America, who explained me better how it works … I’ll stay tuned.

I’m also looking at Mexican races …

As I am new to OG, I am gaining experience, reading a lot so as not to screw up best. I never bought seeds and I am very afraid that something is wrong. As you are in Brazil, it would be less risky, I think …

@Upstate, about making it available “cabeça de nego”, I think you saw it. For me it is a legend, have you ever seen anything like this? In my opinion, take any seed and call it what you want, what do you think?

We follow …

6 Likes

Yup. Got yourself some stemrot. Copper infused products help. I’ve been able to control it with Serenade spray, too. Wipe off the slimy parts completely with your fingers or a rag. You have to get all of it. Spray with Serenade every day for a week and as necessary afterwards. Wipe off any powdery looking areas as they pop up. Hell, you probably deal with this all the time there. Any tricks you’ve learned?
@Gugumelo… those curved leaves may be ph related. I had them from using high ph creek water…
Are you sure the seeds didnt drop off the plant or were eaten by a bird? You have some crazy bugs down there for sure! Seed eating bugs? My worst nightmare! I hope they have eaten enough!
Also, you mentioned growing tobacco…not near the plants, right? I dont know how Tobacco mosaic virus looks exactly, but I know you’re not supposed to smoke around marijuana because that disease can be transmitted, although when I was a smoker I never had any issues. I don’t know if growing tobacco around marijuana can cause this virus either… Could be some bacterial Wilt going on. See if there is a gooey substance on the inside of the stems , and keep an eye on the rest of that plant. You might have to yank it. If it is gooey on the inside, get rid of it right away and dispose of the plant far from your patch.
The last thing I would check for is some kind of grub in the ground eating the roots, or something inside the stem, which it sounds like you checked for. Tough one to help out with, being so unfamiliar with your area and its particular pests and diseases. I have a feeling we will be learning more from you than you will be learning from us.

6 Likes

The Cabeca was known as Bahia Blackhead. I found out more info after I grew it. It was crossed with Afghan/Pakistani. There was alot of variety in the plants, so it isn’t a stable line yet. There may be hope of pulling something more sativa out of the mix in its home climate. There were two phenotypes. A pole pheno with no branches that clearly leaned towards its Afghan/ Pakistan heritage, which went 11 weeks or so, and then also plants that ranged from 12-14 weeks, with the branches growing longer with the flowering times. Split 50/50 between the two types. I made seed predominantly with the longer flowering individuals. I got it from seedbay i think, from GN collection, and it was called a landrace, which, clearly, it wasn’t. Sadly, Its the only Cabeca I’ve ever seen offered. It looks exactly like manga Rosa that I have seen growing on YouTube , which, as it turns out, was a hybrid from the 70s that many people, even in Brazil, think is the real landrace. The Manga Rosa I have is from an open pollenation preservation done by Exotic Alchemy, and originally came from Brazilian Seed Company USA. Flowers 18-26 weeks+. Sounds legit.

6 Likes

@Gugumelo Opa, ainda estou no aguardo dos pacotes que o Sebring mandou. Tenho acompanhado pelo código, mas zero atualizações desde novembro :sleepy:
Assim que chegar vou providenciar os envios! :slight_smile:
:seedling: :blush:

6 Likes

Hey man.
I think I forgot to say, but you have to send me your secure address so I can send the seeds…
sorry i wanted to talk more, but lately i’m using my cell phone and i think it’s horrible to write for him.
:pray:

6 Likes

You are right, I measured the pH in some places and I got an average of 6 … Some plants feel more than others, I am thinking of water with limestone to raise the pH.

As for the seeds, I didn’t see it, I just think it’s an insect, but it didn’t attack anymore, because the other seeds are still in place. Tobacco, including thinking to attract aphids, did not pay attention to the diseases that come along.

They are close to the herbs. It has a tomato plant too, this one is vulnerable to the mosaic, but it continues well. Another thing I remembered, was that before that happened, I applied wood stove ash, simple phosphate and rock dust. I believe that was not the case.

As for plant care, I am thinking of pulling it out so as not to take the risk, it is relatively smaller and weaker than the others, as I planted 70 plants, I can do this without regret. But I will follow your advice to learn more. Thanks🙏

3 Likes

Sorry for my ignorance, I’m ashamed, is that there are many smart ones in Brazil. But so, with a testimony like this. I’m dying to know, maybe some plants that I have will not fit this characteristic. I’ll follow and post for you to appreciate the development, stay close by. Thanks…

1 Like

Easy, I also only talk on my cell phone, I got used to it …
I’ll send in private …

We have all the time in the world to talk, OG is awesome !!! If you come to Santa Catarina, don’t forget to let us know.

I will follow your diary, your plants are incredible, and there are also many, congratulations

Will be all right…

Thank you very much, hugs…

2 Likes

I’ve had lime bleach my leaves white like in the photo above. It hadnt been mixed in the soil long enough before i planted. That Shouldn’t wilt half a plant though…it would wilt all of it.
Looked into Tobacco for you. Here’s what I found.![Screenshot_20210115-172010_Google|230x500]
(upload://iM3IC6OCBe4OOFrnMUGs6cN7L6T.jpeg)
If it was my patch I would say the risks of having it around outweigh the benefits it could give, and Id pull it to be safe. It does look like stem rot though. I didn’t even realize the picture with the circled stem rot was the same plant as what you took a picture of. DUH.
I like all the companion plants you’re using. I did that years ago with my own patches. It’s fun to pick herbs for dinner while you’re visiting the plants.

2 Likes

I applied to replenish some nutrients, in a well-spread way so as not to saturate the soil …

As for tobacco, I will remove it tomorrow, I play the role to smoke the weed. Thanks for the alert :pray:

As for the circled photo, it belongs to @ Uknow808, but it is very similar to my plant, after these conversations, I believe it is the stem rot as you said.

As for the companion plants, it’s my first time, I liked the way the plants have been behaving, the energy of the place has changed, I don’t feel like leaving anymore​:joy::joy:.

4 Likes

Companion planting does change the vibe. I was surprised to find out that not only does companion planting draw in beneficial insects, but it can improve the flavor and vigor in plants like tomatoes, and probably cannabis too. Interesting also that the herbs that make a spaghetti sauce extra tasty( basil, oregeno, marjorum) are also the ones that make tomato plants grow bigger and tastier fruit.
When I was younger, I was just told cannabis grew like tomato plants, so i used companion plants tomatoes liked, hoping weed would like it too. Its neat how plants can cooperate with eachother.

9 Likes

Check out the book “tomatoes love carrots” super easy companion planting guide

5 Likes

It was what motivated me to include the companion plants in the guerrilla, if we think about the interactions of the mycorrhizae in the roots, associated with the inoculation of effective microorganisms, we can provide a plant with everything it needs to develop in a healthy way.
This is to boost natural curtains, working for them. It works and guarantees good results. Practicing Agroecology !! After this conversation, I’m freaking out about the idea of ​​creating a mother plant.
Start an herb before the season internally, to create a giant, and in the spring plant as much as possible around. I believe that if there are nutrients available for all, a “mother” will raise her children, in cooperation, who knows, maybe it will increase the terpenes? And yet, evaluate in some way if there is any connection between the roots, different plants, with mycorrhiza. Has anyone seen anything about this? It was a recent thought, I haven’t researched yet …

If you don’t understand me due to the translation, I can try to explain it better.

Hug …

9 Likes

In the book " the secret life of trees" the author talks about a similar idea. The mother only gives enough nutrients to each child to keep it alive until such time as she is ready to go herself, at which point some of her children will race to grab the canopy space available. Only one can win. It was fascinating reading about it, but that is about trees… Certainly a mother plant would have all the microbes that marijuana enjoys all in place for when the other plants are placed in proximity. You would think there would at least be less transplant shock. Interesting thought. Only one way to find out…

5 Likes

upstate says: “Interesting also that the herbs that make a spaghetti sauce extra tasty are also the ones that make tomato plants grow bigger and tastier fruit”

As Info: Marihuana Seeds only tasted nice crushed with a blender in water. It tastes like Coconut-water. The other reciepes tasted not very good imho.
In asia they make Chicken soup and Pizza with the Buds.

Therefore should plant some Grain, Tomatos, Herbs and Chicken :grin: and Water. I have to say it overlays VERY well with what we know Cannabis loves. It was initially growing besides villages and paths, with some Chickens peck around, and i guess villages were built on slightly stonerich, grainrich weedy herbal ground (cause its less muddy).

5 Likes

@Gugumelo the picture is yours I just zoomed it in

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t4:

4 Likes

Once I understood, :see_no_evil: thank you

Hug

2 Likes

I wish I could produce cannabis seeds to consume all year round, but it would be too risky …

As for tomatoes, they went to the guerrillas for fertilization, but as the humidity here is always high, outdoor tomatoes always suffer from fungi, but this is healthy. It may be that it benefits from the herb, the question is: does the herb benefit too? I already read in some post that, in a pot, the tomato reached the secret of the herb, I am evaluating the situation here …

As for the construction site of the old villages, which I can add is dowsing, which was used to find suitable places to live, I know that the Romans raised sheep where they wanted to live, after some time, they watched the animals’ livers, and the place that presented the healthiest livers, a village was founded …

Dowsing is very interesting, we can talk to plants :crazy_face:, has anyone seen anything? I can indicate more information, university study and videos, but in Portuguese …

This photo is of an area of ​​pineapple, citrus, native fruit and native trees, a technician came here one day and said he would not produce pineapple, as it would be too much shade. I followed my instincts and planted anyway, even in more shaded areas. As a result, I can harvest pineapple for a longer period, oddly enough, sweeter.

If I depended on this technician I would never have missed pineapples because my soil is a little clayey …

hug

11 Likes

Hello, to update, lots of rain here …

But I visited the guerrillas now, removed the tobacco and the tomatoes …

I also removed the branch from the diseased plant, I will monitor it to see how it evolves.
I didn’t remove the whole plant, I decided to give it one more chance …

I also cleared the legumes (dwarf mucuna) that were climbing on the plants …

7 Likes

I created a topic to introduce the plants I grow:

4 Likes