Agroecological guerrilla, in search of the True Brazilian Sativa

My understanding is this. If two different true breeding varieties are used to make a hybrid, the F1 generation will be a mix of traits from both of these parents, leaning towards the female used to make the seeds. The male contributes 25% of the genetics as far as I know. You will get multiple phenotypes, but all of them we’ll share some of the same traits. If you make seeds from these and grow them out one more time oh, this is where you find extreme variability. You will find plants from all over the Spectrum. Plants like the mail used, plants like the female used, and everything in between. This is the generation where selection is crucial, but it’s also the generation where you can find something new and unique. My seeds were all separately open-pollinated. Malawi with Malawi, Durbin with Durbin Etc. Seeds popped up on branches I didn’t pollinate and matured one or two months later than my intentionally pollinated branches. So these seeds came from something other than what I did, in other words pollen from one of the other plants that had males start doing their thing later. So it will be a mix, but there will probably be a good portion of pure sativas. Sometimes when I’m smoking I’ll find another seed bud oh, and I set the seats down intending to grab them later and put them in with the others. And then I forget LOL. They go into the unknown pile.

10 Likes

Looking really good my friend! Keep it up!!!

3 Likes

One more update, I am also registered my observations to be able to better plan the next harvests …

Note: It was 2 days without rain, and the forecast indicated a lot of rain for this day, I went down to pick the ones that had most of the red pistils, because I don’t have a magnifying glass.
After the harvest, a heavy rain fell and, probably, the most loaded plants would not support.

I also noticed a significant resistance to mold, as this only happened on one plant, but the herb with the most dense buds did not show any fungus.

Another obvious finding, many hemaphrodites :disappointed:, but at least it indicates something more traditional …

Important:
Next planting use the spacing of 2 meters between lines and two meters between plants … On this occasion, I planted 3 plants per hole, with 1 meter between lines and plants, very dense …
There was a stretch to seek light, the plants that had genetics for this are better, despite few flowers at the bottom, the top is well loaded, and getting a lot of sun …

Better plan pruning and supports and, if possible, install a cover …

05/03/21: 4 plants harvested

It was a lot of work, the plants are big and the cleaning continued until the next day …
From my point of view, 2 plants were ready, the others, one was dying (in two visits to the guerrillas, she showed that she gave up) and the other, I observed some male flowers on the plant, and harvested early …

There was no time to take many photos, here are some …

Hug

8 Likes

Some photos of the remaining plants:

16 Likes

Looking good :+1:t5: @Gugumelo

Nice big plants :palm_tree:

Aloha From Hawaii :call_me_hand:t5:

4 Likes

Thanks for the visit, @Uknow808 and thanks for the motivation @Sasquatch

Correcting: the plants are actually tall, because they stretched, you can’t say they are big …

But most importantly, they were obtained almost at no cost …

Spending was on limestone, neen oil, natural phosphate e Dipel.

The bat guano, I collected in a nearby cave, the effective microorganisms were collected in a nearby forest, and the other fertilizers were composted on the property.

And the most expensive, was my labor.:joy::joy: My back is feeling the weight …

I tried to follow the principles of Agroecology from start to finish, without relying on external inputs.

8 Likes

Man they’re tall as hell! Lovely! There’s a good grower looking after them… Congrats!

5 Likes

That’s some great work! Enjoy your harvest. You overcame the elements and turned out being a success. That’s true guerilla growing right there!

3 Likes

03/07/21
After two days of work, the plants are drying up …
I turned on a fan below the plants, 15 minutes off and 15 on, to renew the air …
Some surprise visits made me run to hide the grass.

19 Likes

03/10/21

One more update

19 Likes

Looking beautiful :kissing_heart:, be careful out there … :tiger:frech|nullxnull

8 Likes

I reduced the number of visits … And I go only at alternative times … I intend, if the plants allow, to harvest before the hunting season, which despite being prohibited, still happens …
From the aspects of the plants, two or three will go far …

Thanks @George for your concern…

11 Likes

03/21

area overview

![ plant almost ready for harvest …

plant almost ready for harvest …

bud detail

area overview

bud detail

bud detail

This plant was passed on to me as being Colombian gold …

I believe I have found a true shrub, it is the plant with the longest flowering …,

15 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Gugumelo …Been following your posts.

Your plants are looking fabulous.
I’m planning a trip maybe down to Tres fronteras at Leticia .Amazonas

I’ve read a article on Reddit says North Brazil is best for Weed

You can cross from Leticia (Colombia) to Tabatinga (Brazil) easily.

Any advice be well appreciated

Keep up the good work.

Obrigado

7 Likes

You have a beautiful green color to your plants. Looks like all the good green from southern countries that I’ve ever had!

3 Likes

Guys I made some comments in the photos above …

Thanks @RoryBorealis and @corey

Hello man, nice to meet you, the experience I had was not in this region … In the northeast, the quilombolas, although extremely suspicious, you can in addition to acquire the herb, enjoy some regional delicacies, such as fish stew and shrimp, acarajé and others …
In the interior of the Northeast, things are more serious, war between gangs for the control of trade, police bandits … It is a dry region, where things are resolved as in the American Western movies …

Have a good local guide … this is important …

search for border restriction on account of the covid or the madness of our great president, Brazilian trump …

we follow

8 Likes

@Shanti-ri , do you have pollen from any landrace sativa? I identified a long cycle plant with characteristics of sativa, however, my male became female …
I don’t know the feasibility of this …

5 Likes

hey man,
worse that I don’t have, at the moment I only have landrace females, and some hybrid males that are revengging.

When you say you have a male turned into a woman do you mean that the male plant that had several balls appeared pistilios?
If this is the case it is a controversial subject but many say that this is a rather rare manifestation and that the pollen of this plant is almost guaranteed to hardly breed a hermie plant unless the mother is hermie. But some say it’s just a hermie plant.

Personally I think that only I am testing empirically to draw conclusions. at the moment the males who released pistils that I owned was 88g13hp, apollo 11/12, and a bodhi cdb plant I think none of them are plants recognized as hermie so it is likely that the males even showing pistilios do not make hermie seeds at least I think .
In your case that some females hermie is possible but not probable that this male plant is hermie, but on the other hand it is possible that not since the seeds are mixed and it is not possible to know if they are genetically related to the male plant with pistilios and the plants that hermie

:om: :pray:

2 Likes

I was wondering about that recently. So if you got sativas that flower for 20 weeks, you can actually grow several generations of seeds to maturity? Like pollinate in week 4 of flower, harvest seeds at week 10 of flower and pollinate again with something else to harvest later?

Can I expect to have good seeds after 5–6 weeks like I am used to with strains with shorter flowering times, or does it take longer for them to finish too as it takes longer for the flower to be done?

5 Likes