Air movement - Circulation (not extraction)

I couldn’t say what make, but they’re just the 6" clip on fans.
My tent is very small though (75cmx75cmx120cm), so you might need more for a larger area.

:v:

1 Like

I know this is an old post but it made me laugh.

To me pizza rolls smell like a freshly opened dishwasher.

3 Likes

Only if they’re tilted down and on oscillate.
That’s the 18 in wall mount. Got 2 in my room.
They’ve got a heavy motor and the weight is a bit much for the internal resistor.
Run level I’ve had zero issues.
:v:

1 Like

You can get years out a oscillating fan with basic maintenance and few tweaks.

Day #1 remove the guard that increases the reliability and airflow substantially.

The oscillating part drives from the motor so unloading that weight increases fan speed and makes the oscillating part more reliable as the gears aren’t carrying that dead weight.

Obviously in some situations removing the guard isn’t ideal but if its possible you should try it there’s a world of difference in the amount of air being shifted and the reliability.

2 Likes

In the commercial setting, I can’t remember the exact brand, but they were most similar to this picture. Just heavy duty industrial fans. Likely from some local company I cannot recall. Idea was to create a vortex so air gets sucked down into the canopy.

In my tent I’ve got two Honeywell oscillating fans. They’re a little annoying to clean but they’ve lasted over a year now. I can tell one is starting to lose some power but they’re going. I’ve since added a vivosun 6inch clip fan in there as well above the lights. So far I haven’t had a vivosun clip fan fail me but I’ve only been running one consistently for probably 7 months. Maybe 8.

1 Like

It’s a Jim Gaffigan bit.

And that is… interesting.

1 Like

That one looks like a beast. I wonder how much they cost. @eskobar Had some nice “industrial” style ones in his tent. I looked up some options, and they were too pricey - if I remember right.

Also, I’m guessing one would need four fans to create a proper “vortex” or stirring effect (in a typical square/rectangular-ish room). If the suckers cost $250 each that’s a grand on fans alone.

Thanks guys.