Clip on fan(s)?

So I’m about 5 weeks into flower and currently run two clip on fans, along with two passive intake ducts.

Problem is I have one fan that is a little too strong and i just can’t get it in any position that won’t blow too much wind constantly on one of my plants.

Would just one clip on fan plus the two passives on the floor be okay? I have hvac and a dehumidifier outside the tent to help regulate stuff.

4 Likes

What size tent? How many plants?

2 Likes

If you got decent air circulation with one fan it should be okay.
If you got your tent stuffed with plants you might need another fan to help circulate the air.

1 Like

4x4, two plants

This is what’s happening due to constant fan air:

4 Likes

I understand that pointing clip ons at the wall of your tent will work for circulation.
Disclaimer: I have not done this, as I use the clip ons to knock my plants around to build up stem strength.

Pro tip: Some of these clip ons have a tendency to fall off the tent poles. Just having a wire tie between the fan and the pole can prevent the fan from falling onto your plant.

10 Likes

As long as they slowly dance with proper humidity they should be fine. If you are not using the fan to move co2, I wouldn’t worry about having both. You may have to tie/support stems if there is not enough wind.

2 Likes

If you are pushing a little breeze around the tent you are good.
Blow air up or down etc. you just need some movement, doesn’t require much.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

I have one wall mount fan. On low moving air between the top of the plants and light and seems to be doing a great job. It keeps the light and plants cooler, and allows the plants to grow more vertical without any burn. Try using your stronger fan in that manner. Also if you have 2 vents I would recommend using one at the bottom for air intake and one at the top (out take). This will create a fresh air exchange system that’s hard to beat. You should have happier plants and less wind, light burn with no mold growth.

4 Likes

Yeah the exhaust is at the top, and the fan is blowing air between the tops and the light.

Theoretically, the intakes at the bottom and the exhaust at the top should be moving air all through the plants, but I’ve always been super worried about mold so that’s why I had the second fan.

3 Likes

Plenty of air movement is good but they don’t like a fixed fan blowing directly at them so i always try to have fixed fans pointing at the sides so the air movement is indirect.

4 Likes

I defoliate the lowers and like to have a fan going underneath the canopy.

It doesn’t create too much leaf movement but it sure moves the air.

7 Likes

Yeah, the fan isn’t directly blowing but it’s so strong that the indirect wind is still too much lol.

1 Like

Yeah, believe me I want to defoliate some but this strain seems to be prone to throwing nanners at the sign of any stress so I’ve been hesitant to prune her. Will probably do so around the the final 2 weeks or so.

2 Likes

Pretty sad how behind the grow scene is.

2 Likes

You could use a fan speed controller( like on your exhaust fan) or trim the fan blades shorter?

4 Likes

Compared to what?

1 Like

Compared to the grows of a paragon, a god among men, one so awesome he can only be known as… @westcoastcroppers. He’s baaack! And he would never, ever have a plant with a boron deficiency.

2 Likes

I foresee a dumpster fire in the near future.

2 Likes

Waiting with baited breath for these AC Infinity clip ons…

3 Likes

I wasnt getting the air movement or penetration I wanted from my clip-ons. I took a medium size table top oscillating fan and put it on the floor of the tent under the trellis netting. It oscillates at a slightly upward angle penetrating the plants from bottom to top. All plants get lively fan action. 8 plants in a 5 x 5 problem solved $15 at Walmart

5 Likes