Ak Bean Brains 907 Blue Genes . Baby pics

:roll_eyes: Duuuuuuuuude. You’re already HIGH! :joy:

I too am happy to see the AK Bean Brains… :+1:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I love his fishing pics as much as his weed feed on IG … Hope I can get up there and visit . They have the right idea in Alaska . Back to the land , nature and old school fire genetics …

4 Likes

I read that the Vintage Blueberry by AKBB was not related to DJ Short’s Blueberry at all.

Have you ever ran Black Domina x Alaskan MTF? The only photos I can find online are pop corn nug looking plants.

3 Likes

It’s different than the Vintage Blueberry … This is the 907 Blue Genes … He said the Vintage Blueberry is more sativa leaning … Haven’t seen the MTF/BD … I’m sure it’s fire … I’ve seen pics …

Any to share besides the stock picture?

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: AK bean brains full 2020 catalog

Maybe it’s the Oregon blueberry?

No. Original Alaskan Blueberry, Alaska has Blueberry cuts that pre date DJ shorts .

Have had and grown a handful of blueberries over the years. The blueberry from interior AK is the best I’ve ever had.

1 Like

I’ve got several packs off AKBEANBRAINS and am really liking everything I’m seeing and hearing. :v::sunglasses::earth_americas::seedling:

1 Like

@Marcus420 How did these turn out? Not much info out there on the 907.

3 Likes

Any update on the 907? Im on a blueberry hunt and just picked a pack of these up. Supposedly its up there with the best bb.

2 Likes

I’d love to see some feedback as well, I’m going to just run it this outdoor season. At least there would be a well-documented OD run.

@LD50 Says it stinks of BB but may be taking a while to ripen up. Hopefully he’ll chime in :crossed_fingers:

Stinks of blueberry is pretty much all I needed, I’m going to trust AKBB making the recommendation to me.

5 Likes

@douggyfresh420 @FieldEffect Well look at us, carrying the 907 torch! I found this thread MANY times on the hunt for more 907 info.

I have a lone 907 girl at day 70F. DTW in Promix HP, HLG 350R ~700 PPFD through, low temps (cold here, 70’s, high 60’s at night sometimes).

Based on degree-day theory, she’s behind due to the low temp inputs. But overall she must be pretty close to finishing as I’m seeing more and more cloudy trichs and a few ambers depending on where you look.

It has certainly smelled bang on canned blueberry to my nose. Blueberry muffin mix, the tin can of BB… childhood baking with mom!! Haha. I’m running her next to Bodhi’s Saint’s Crossing (SC). The SC is “sticky like super glue” while the 907 is “greasy” with a distinct lack of “sticky” … it’s kind interesting that way. From day 60F to 70F I’ve seen some bulk and the pistils are finally pulling back completely.

I apologize in advance for the lack of documentation and pics, you know the deal.

Snipped a lower that has more mature pistils than average. This is also the smallest nug on the plant and is between a golf ball and pine cone in size. :cupid:

And a macro shot of the aroma:

14 Likes

You’re getting me excited!!!

1 Like

Who says there’s no such thing as smell-o-vision when you put such a beautiful example right there :rofl:

2 Likes

Looks fire. Have a pack just popped. Last week.

2 Likes

Alright OG. 907 :blue_heart: was harvested at day 72F with little to no amber showing on primaries. Amber was easy to find on sugar leaves and such. I quick dried that nug in the prior photo and tested.

AKBB deserves an award. :trophy:

Seems like she is a creeper. Again, it’s a test nug stuck in a toaster over at 220F for 10 mins, but the effect just kept coming on, more and more, for over 15 minutes until I was utterly surprised at the strength of effect. I’m no slouch either and I’m sitting there a bit timid to try more. Taste is at this point irrelevant but it’s there, is all I can say. Drying now in a custom 2 stage “drybot” at 62 RH. Super pumped. Enjoy your runs guys, I have a feeling she would really shine outdoors.

5 Likes

@LD50 Hell yeah! Thanks for the update! Can only imagine your “drybot” will produce a better result than the toaster oven, I’ve never tried that - here in NM I could just leave a wet bud on the desk and it’d be bone dry the next day.

We’ll find out how she does outside starting in a few months. Can’t wait.

@Turpman, you posting a grow journal?

3 Likes

Sure do hope so!

Drybot sample tracking. Ambient is 62 RH @ 67F going in the bottom of the racks.

1 Like