AK bean brains catalog

Will do! @louisellis13353

Also, have a 3 way durban project from akbb in another thread if anyone is interested.

https://overgrow.com/t/dope-beard-durban-organic-outdoor/156406/15

2 Likes

Howdy @emeraldbullfrog, seed shops need an overhaul in my opinion. The old days where prohibition was a driving force for breeders to need to use third party shops is coming to an end.

When shops operate like that I feel it takes value from both the breeder selling as well as the customer shopping. $40 for reshipping some seeds needed to be overhauled. That model is ancient and, in my opinion, will not last long.

Iā€™m in the process of creating my own seed shop where that sort of thing is ancient history and more transparent prices between breeders and customers are had.

When that extra $40 is charged it reverberates across the capitalist landscape. Theyā€™re making almost as much for reselling the seeds as the breeder is. It doesnā€™t seem like a fair amount of money to charge for reshipped seeds in my opinion. I donā€™t think these shops even have brick and mortar storefront overhead. Perhaps Iā€™m mistaken about the storefront overhead though, Iā€™m just hypothesizing there. Anyways, yes, order direct from breeders whenever possible.

These days Iā€™ll only order from retail shops when they have big sales or are offering freebies that I find enough value in to order. Otherwise itā€™s breeder direct as the most preferred option when available. Many blessings and much love

5 Likes

Does anybody here have experience wuth nuclear black?

2 Likes

Well said @Sbeanonnamellow and Iā€™m going to try ordering directly when I can in the future. Certainly going to order from AKBB soon :+1:
Itā€™s taking me a long time to narrow down my choices from these giant lists

I donā€™t blame the seed bank for charging more on this particular strain. They did have a few others priced at $60 so IMO they arenā€™t trying to gouge. Plus I chose a strain with ā€œskunkā€ in the name from an old school breeder :laughing: so the markup is almost expected

My other pickups from the seed bank are the TKNL5 Haze x Sawtooth Skunk and the Medical Skunk (ACDC Purple Fuzz / API) - the latter contains a decent % of CBD. Both of these were at the same price as going direct through the breeder. But Iā€™d still rather go direct from him for my next order

1 Like

Sounds awesome thanks Durban has always been some trippy green for meā€¦ thanks

1 Like

Here is more Ikeā€™s humboldt afghani!

Very fun afghan line that is broad, but full of keepers. Some of the stinkiest weed I have ran was Ikeā€™s. Great for outdoor.

19 Likes

Dope Beard Durban pheno #4

Nice golden pistils with intense frost on dense nugs. This one has been a favorite of mine this year. I canā€™t wait to see how she smokes!!!

Durban #3

Beautiful pink pistils on a short bushy frame. Seems to be a week or two behind the #4. So we will see how she stacks up, but seems to be a little looser structure than the dope beard types. Not complaining as this can help during a rainy fall. This plant also has the highest septoria resistance compared to the rest of the Durbanā€™s. Iā€™ll keep you all posted!

14 Likes

When I sprouted a few of these 2 seasons ago, only got males. Made some crosses with it, but need to go back to the original pack. Yours look great!

Nice Dope Beard Durban grow as well :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Dang all males! At least you made some crosses. I think durbans would do great for you outdoors. Definitely worth checking out again.

Thanks for checking out my durban thread!

1 Like

Hello! I just received my first order from dave and one of my packs was completely empty, are others having the same issue and historically speaking does dave make good on mistakes like this?
Edit: my order was the flat top and the oaxacan.

Update: I emailed dave regarding the empty pack and he is going to send me another one.

3 Likes

Heā€™s still going through cancer treatment and probably wasnā€™t feeling great when he packed it. Just a simple mistake. Hit him up and heā€™ll make it right. Youā€™ll like those oaxacans. I ran a pack last year. I screwed up and chopped a male that was super stinky.

1 Like

He does right by people

2 Likes