AK Bean Brains - US member's for existing co-op boxes only

I feel your sentiment, but now that 50+ people have signed up for it, the beans already being provided, and the breeder himself giving the A-OK why the rush to poop the party? :joy:

1 Like

Your right, this isnā€™t any of my business. Iā€™m not the Overgrow police. Just wanted to share what I had learned in my communications with the actual breeder. Iā€™m going to see myself out of this thread.

7 Likes

I donā€™t think @Greasy was trying to ā€œpoop the partyā€. He just brought up a valid point that seems proper to consider. Passing out a bunch of these that have already entered the grow world (paid for) is different than setting up a large seed run of a strain that is still on the market. @G-paS is righteous and, frankly awesome, for this and it is proper. But mine will be personal use. I would never pump out thousands of seeds of a strain in production without permission from the breeder (and I would be amazed if that permission was given. lol). These were already out there though @ChongoBongo .

12 Likes

I am so sorry guys I was clear. I am just trying to get some out to those that ge on the list. They canā€™t canā€™t compete. Had I know, I would have done the with another strain. I am in no way knowledgeable about strains. I defer that those awesome folks that now them inside out and from way back.

I have a smiley face on those that are :100:

I am looking at we have going. 13 where 8+ I am not shore how to handle shipping so will work it out with the group.

If you are 8 and more please take your self off when I open it. Right now I am just taking off you awesome understanding people.

8 Likes

sorry for creating extra work for you @G-paS !!
:pray: :pray:

1 Like

Thank You

Tour good at only 4

Totally agree. This were the 1000 grower pack from him.
They to make plants
I would hope nobody would make money off of them. Some disagree, but you take food out of a guys mouth.

This are free you donā€™t even pay the $2 supply
I have packed hundreds of these in flip out of my supplies and I have had some great guy help with cost like @misterbee.

12 Likes

please dm me your info so i can also send something to help your costs.

6 Likes

All good, and I agree 100%. Recreating seeds being sold at reasonable prices is pretty rude to say the least :joy:

All I was sayin was, as you rightly pointed out, the seeds are already out there, and @Greasy themselves suggested that AKBB had given the blessing. Given both of those, and the fact ā€œthe ship has already set sailā€ so to speak, it just seemed like an odd time to change tunes :wink: Especially when @G-paS just pointed me in this direction and got me all hot and bothered over the famous blueberry! Talk about a tease :woozy_face: Not meaning to spread any bad vibes

3 Likes

You on the list, right? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I gave every body that stayed in the guide line a :grin:
Then those with 6/7 got a :neutral_face:
What do you all think, let them stay :love_you_gesture:t3:

6 Likes

With a very big ā€œthank you very muchā€ :wink:

4 Likes

So curious if I hear this right 8 is the max number of strains per box allowed in general or just if you want these to to be added? @G-paS I think Iā€™m at 10 Iā€™m not on the list for this one but just wondering if I should make plans to take off my name off a few of the other co ops

4 Likes

Iā€™m showing that I have 4 sign ups with that search. I should be good

1 Like

As long as thereā€™s enough for everyone, I think let up to 7 or 8 signups stay is cool.

Maybe making sure that thereā€™s enough spots until you cut off the signups for the fall box but idk.

I think itā€™s just for freebies/add-ons that wonā€™t be paid for, that were just added by generous OGers @DesertHeartGardens

2 Likes

For a positive spin: growing out these beans will hopefully result in an increase in business for him in the long run.

Iā€™ve been SUPER happy with the two AKBB strains I have grown: GG4 x Black Domina, and NL5/1 x Super Skunk. Iā€™ve purchased a dozen or so of his offerings (through JBCseeds.com, gotta try to buy direct next timeā€¦), and try to talk him up whenever someone is asking for a breeder recommendation. That positive word of mouth - and pics of tasty looking plants in your grow thread - will encourage others to seek out his gearā€¦

Edit to put my pictures where my mouth is:
Here are a couple pics of AKBBā€™s GG4 x Black Domina:

And the NL5/1 x Super Skunk:
That first pic is at 42 days. The two of that strain I have harvested were chopped at day 52 and 53. Fastest plant Iā€™ve grown!

20 Likes

Thatā€™s a great outlook and very much how I am, I tend to be pretty brand loyal once I find things I like I tend to stick with them if I enjoy a cultivar Iā€™m more then likely going to be a repeat customer I really enjoyed his pot cast episode and how he talked about the plant seems like a super quality dude with a bunch of oldschool gems @BarefootAndBlazed

8 Likes

Poop. Came in to see all the fun and saw the stipulation of 5 runs being max. Welpā€¦I think Iā€™m signed up for at least 10 lol! Iā€™ll remove myself to make things fair. If anyone wanted to maybe slide me a bean or two of these I wouldnā€™t complain. :innocent:

Edit: Open spot at #3

5 Likes

Lol love that

1 Like

Personally I think 13 should be the cut-off :wink:

4 Likes

i gotcha, tres! iā€™ll have to see how many seeds come in, but you got some of mine. :+1:

4 Likes

Oh man that šŸ« sounds dank! Just signed up :yum:
Quick question, if we got the 2021 Fall Box already, does this come in the next box?
And our Sign Up count is for the 2022 Boxes?
Iā€™m in Goji OG, Spirit Train, and Sour Bubble

Thanks everyone for the amazing seeds available! :smiley:

2 Likes