All herm seed run. Wish me luck!

@budlarfy I have always said if it works for you run with it.

I have never planted a seed directly into a SIP as they tend to run a little wet for seedlings IMHO. With that said I believe the Dip system should work for now given your circumstances.
My prayers go out to your uncle. I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

When I saw your set up It got me thinking… Then, I went on a binge watching GroTech’s videos and got some ideas.

I saw that they used drip lines inside the res housing and this looks very clean. I like this as it does not require any modificatios of the Bucket/bag.

image image

Then… … … I noticed in one of their videos they were using a float valve to water the bucket when the plant demands more H²O. Taking the guess work out of fidgeting with the drip system… You may be able to see the drip line with float valve installed next to the drain hole in the finger pic above.
I think the float value would be the ultimate set up for leaving your grow to do it’s thing while you are away. Video to set up with float valves can be found here

Anyway, Just though I would let ya know.

If you get a free moment you may want to check out CrunchBerries’Probiotic SIP Thread.

@CrunchBerries and the crew do a great job at anything and everything SIP related. I am sure they would love to see what you have going on over there. :call_me_hand:

8 Likes

You can use the buckets with any size plants. Fill the reservoir whenever you want. I stay with my usual regimen and use water one time and fertilized water the next time.

4 Likes

I saw those float valves for grobucket. I want em. Unfortunately they DO require a slight mod on the bucket and can’t be done mid grow. Next grow prolly. I have visited crunchberries thread. I guess I should hang there more often.

3 Likes

My worry was that the soil stays pretty moist once it’s filled. Not too moist for seedlings huh? Also these are autos and in my overthinking brain I figured the longer I go without bottom water the more the roots will grow laterally instead of straight down making for a bigger auto.?

This is in living soil. I was hoping to go water only more or less for a month and then top dress bloom ferts.

1 Like

Yes, I would definitely go to Crunch’s thread.
You don’t have to read everything from the beginning.
(Although, I do recommend doing it over time as there is all kinds of info up in der)
I would just make a post with a few pics and sit back and let the community overwhelm ya with :green_heart:'s. :

Also saw when you were doing the OG 420 POTM Winner receives a 24x36 poster with their Picture in the center grow you were using

I have been using dry nutes for a bit now. I put some in the original mix and then scrach some into the top every 3-4 weeks. Gives me more time to stare at my plants. If you notice any issues with your plants you can always water in and necessary nutes right in the top of the soil. Just be aware not to over water when using nutes directly into the soil. :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Thanks for the thoughts for my uncle. I’m understanding how important family is these days.

7 Likes

Lol that grow with the 420 POTM was a big rdwc system. I just got that figured through and figured I’d go the whole opposite direction and try full organic soil grows for a while. Can’t say your a farmer if you know nothing about dirt…

7 Likes

pic from 1/19. 14 days above ground. Vigorous little hermies!

12 Likes

vpd is kept in check with this pricey gadget.

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, the title of this thread definitely had me cringing a little bit :grimacing: However, it’s exactly how some of the most famous elites were found… Wishing you best of luck and hoping find something special @BudLarfy :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Lol! It’s for science. If it’s a flop I’ll know better for next time.

4 Likes

Watching closely. Some of the best, most classic strains were likely from herms/stray bananas. Just because it has its downsides doesn’t mean it’s not worth investigating whatsoever. Happy you made this thread. I have some seeds that are a result of a super dank strain herming, and some stupid part of me wants to roll those dice as an experiment…

6 Likes

Empty jars sounds stupid-er!

4 Likes

I really liked the structure and size of the mom. I’m hoping to replicate that. Plus grow it better than last time. Thanks for watching!

3 Likes

I know this will ruffle some feathers but I dont understand the mania over intersex traits in a plant. If Im not paying for the extra seed- weight, it does not bother me. These plants are intersex by nature. Thats WHO they are. Dont get me wrong, I understand WHY people dont want seeds in their buds but I think this “knee-jerk”reaction of “kill them all” is overblown. 🥸

6 Likes

19 days above ground

12 Likes

7 Likes

19 days? Impressive I think.

3 Likes

They’re humming right along. :sparkles:

1 Like