Alleged OG1.0 ex-mod on Facebook today selling landraces

Saw a person on Facebook claiming to be a mod on overgrow to give legitamcy to the landraces they are selling. Which were pretty vague.

Seemed weird and especially the groups it’s posted in will probably attract attention that we don’t want. Didn’t seem like a thing one of our actual mods would do.

Update.
I have found out that the person has been proved a scammer and has been booted from the group. Aside from bog claims he also had claimed to others that shared his posts that he started a business with Marc emery, single handily rose the price of weed at one point in North America from 10 bucks a gram to 15 for a strain he created and that he ran a 40000 sqft grow operation in stoney creek. People also posted him inquiring on an acmpr group how to aquire a licence for something under 35 plants as that’s all he needs. Hopefully he doesn’t use overgrows name or our past members as fake contacts anymore.

16 Likes

Good catch
Peace and stay safe

7 Likes

Did you call Bullshit on it? On him being a Mod…

4 Likes

Oh that’s pretty interesting

2 Likes

What group on Facebook was that on.?

Did you call it out?

1 Like

Is he a mod here? Or is he making it up? Its Ok to sell his own seeds… pretty General descriptions…

2 Likes

This Facebook group

I instantly said this as I’ve talked to him in the past when we was selling a Slurricane cross but he couldn’t even tell me if it was a f1. He had made the og claim then as well.

22 Likes

They need to learn to spell!

It’s Colombia …not Columbia ( they make sports wear)

LOL

17 Likes

as a moderator on overgrow.com

I still have all my connections

sounds like in past maybe?

I do love people that have to name drop to prove their worth :frowning:

9 Likes

Yeah the guy doesn’t sound super knowledgeable that’s for sure. East African landrace. East Africa is a massive region with many countries.

14 Likes

Or a river in the northwest. Lol

10 Likes

too bad I do not have any sock puppet or troll accounts on FB I would have to stop by

and add my two cents :wink:

11 Likes

I just joined :smiling_imp: In there rules you can’t sell clones, hmm

5 Likes

4 Likes

That’s odd if he’s so well connected why is he telling you to contact BOG? Does he not know he’s no longer with us?

20 Likes

He will continue to say that he was a mod on overgrow to sell his seeds he has told me and that I can fuck off he doesn’t listen to third party warnings. Geez lol.

14 Likes

You done well Chronickyle.

It all seems a bit dodgy.

Good luck

11 Likes

he sells ouija boards?

8 Likes

He’s using OG to legitimize his offerings. Using BOG as an example of his “connections” is not only improper, it’s reprehensible.

Landraces and vague descriptions don’t belong together. If someone selling seeds can’t explain the strain or provide the provenance for its origin, they should be avoided.

I’m also struggling to understand how being a mod on OG legitimizes his expertise and knowledge. Just another huckster selling seeds of unknown genetics.

Ps. I have some California landraces I’m willing to let go for for $300/10. Not sure where they came from and I can’t document them but trust me, they’re :fire:

Kev :joy:

21 Likes

I have no recollection of that guy and if he was real he’d open with hey I was kharmagirl or similar. Plus he’d be here and vetted.
As far I as I know BOG was neither a landrace guy or a connection guy. Scam artist alert. Those of you who know me from the past can attest. I have a fairly strong spidey sense for seed/clone scammers.

20 Likes