I missed the roadkill skunk party

I’m wondering who has roadkill skunk?

it was one strain I wanted really, really bad.

someone help a fellow OGer out​:pray::pray::pray:

5 Likes

No one who’s willing to part with it if it does still exist. I’ve been tring to track her down sense the late 90s good luck to you . I did find someone on icmag who had her and made ibl seeds but he hasn’t been online sense 2012 go figure

5 Likes

I thought OG did a seedrun or something of it?

2 Likes

Well there’s tons of pollen chuckers/breeders that say they have it but none of them do. There basically just using the name cause it sells. There are also alot of myths and stories surrounding it. Some say its a old skunk#1 some some say its a old super skunk , My guess it’s in the old Mexican brick weed of the 90s or an afganica hybrid of some sort as those were the genetics I was messing with at the time when I found it. I did loose mine to thieves in 2000 tho along with most my seed stash very upsetting

6 Likes

Yeah there was a 81 RKS preservation done by the Co-op. Seeds came from Heime Cheeba. Someone will have a pack here.

8 Likes

No one found any rks in those seeds. Just another person cashing in on the name

5 Likes

No one cashed in on anything. It was free. Who knows if it actually smells like RKS (prob not), but this isn’t someone trying to make a cash grab by using the RKS name.

10 Likes

I just saying if your looking for rks it’s not in those seeds and making a repo and giving them out for free isn’t going to change that. There are plenty of people digging though lines looking for it and results so far are no go. I’m just tring to save this guy the pain .

6 Likes

Oh, sassy! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
They’re literally from Heime Chebas RKS stock, so wtf else do you want them to be called :rofl::rofl::rofl:
The OP never said he wanted RKS terps, they said they want the strain. And that’s what was responded to.
Don’t start shit and there won’t be shit.

15 Likes

I heard that it exists in a part of Rural America in upper Appalachia on a large Hill called Meth Mountain.Be careful it’s dangerous out there.Better pack a lunch

9 Likes

LOL, I heard you gotta climb a mountain in Tibet and harvest a flower to bring to Ras AL Ghul

8 Likes

He will
Then tell
You the secret
To life,
Its that
He can believe
Its not Butter

3 Likes

This is correct. Head over to the trading threads, and see if you get any bites

3 Likes

Amen.

3 Likes

I call it not worth my time . Anyway he asked for rks if he said HC it would of been a differnt story along with all the other so called rks cuts from every other breeder. …“Fools Talk, Cowards Are Silent, But Wise Men Listen”

Fun quote. Good night

6 Likes

I did that co op. I did find a few of the plants gave off a bit of a skunk spray smell in the room but when I would rub the stem it gave off a different smell. Also the skunk spray smell didn’t carry over to the finished product.

10 Likes

THIS. I wish people would be open to the science on this question. The “skunk” smell is not a terpene. Instead, it is a volatile sulfur compound. While terpenes can stay around longer, the shelf life on these VSCs is 2-3 months. Most cures for Cannabis should run you 6 months. Properly cured cannabis destroys the skunk smell through time. This also explains people finding it in flower but losing it in cure. It is also why people say it’s “lost.” It’s not lost, you are just smoking better-cured cannabis.

8 Likes

I know onions and garlic use a lot of sulfur from the ground to produce their strong scents and tastes.
Im gonna start using molasses in my water to up the sulphur levels in the soil and increase the terps and sharp, volatile smells like skunk, diesel and sour…and probably make the taste pop too. My UFS18 season is almost here.

9 Likes

you probably need a cut. from seed is not the way for this one as it may not be a strain per se. that said, there are a lot of options to achieve skunkiness.

superskunk is probably a good bet. any of the gassy stuff is worth looking into. people claim afghan has something to do with it. i think its more complicated.

i had success with critical mas (critical + if you can find it) crossed to something like an og kush (ex. dinafem critical kush). you will find skunk smells and other delights in that combination. it was very offensive to my parents (and i’m old),. yield will vary from plant to plant in a good way due to the c-mass genes. some of the stuff given or lightly sold on OG has reports of skunk in the smell.

Girl Crush from twenty20 was pretty skunky. a mix of pine and roadkill skunk with a little cake batter/vanilla.

I have some Widow Bomb x Monster I got here on og that have a very strong skunk stem rub. they are just going into flower now. The oaxaca from colorado sativas also seems to be skunky, but it will be about 2 months or so before i know for sure on those

if you are searching for something and don’t know where to find it, the best bet is grow a lot of different strains…maybe just 1 plant of each. while there can be a variance in odor from plant to plant within a strain, the variance in odor from strain to strain should be much higher. so, getting 3 plants of one researched strain that sort of smells like skunk in various ways vs. growing 1 plant of 3 researched skunky strains to find the queen skunk you are looking for. you will may hit the jackpot or know where (or where not) to look next in the latter case. if you are highly confident in a single strain, then just run that.

i run single plants usually of different strains. the smell range is very wide…in my case it’s not searching for skunk, just variance.

2 Likes