Alwaysnoob's stealth indoor grow in the middle of nowhere

It’s from a bag seed brother…
She grew outside the window where I used to throw seeds from my brick weed…

I decided to adopt her couple of months back, she’s been under watered, under fed, been without a medium for couple of days during her 250 miles transit…
My culture is full of landrace sativas lol…
I haven’t smoked an indica yet, that’s why they are exotic for me…
You are welcome to hang around and nudge me in the right direction brother…

13 Likes

I’ll join in, probably pass out somewhere in the back for a bit, been shoveling out the world all day!just wake me up if I snore.

5 Likes

Nah, I’ll let you sleep in and prepare some snacks for you when you wake up (probably edibles) :joy:

5 Likes

There’s BUTLER SERVICE available on OG? With edibles?!? Where do I sign up?!?!? lol

8 Likes

I was bored and decided to pop couple of Gambian X Haze

100% germination rate so far from alaskangrown. One seed had little bit of cotyledon, hope I didn’t do any damage during plantation.

Wanted to try something new, so into the big pot they goes buy with some caution…

The high tech humidity dome until we have lift off lol…

Pardon my caveman equipment and techniques, I’m doing everything I can with available resources…

Nothing much to report on the older plants…

While the mars cookies seems to be doing pretty well, the Gambians are taking their time…

21 Likes

Right on @alwaysnoob ! Looking good! Keep at it!:+1::grin:

2 Likes

Thanks brother :blush:

This particular pheno of the Mars cookies are responding well…
Let’s hope she’s a female…

Nothing much to report on the other plants… .
They look almost exactly the same as last time…
And we have a lift off from one of the Gambian X Haze seed…

15 Likes

Tried a little fertilizing last watering since I began to see yellowing on the cotyledons and light green on the new growth…
The plants didn’t seem to mind…
Here are the plants…

2 Gambians

3 Mars cookies

And 1½ Gambian X Haze

Also added one 18w light extra…

16 Likes

That’s the way @alwaysnoob ! Let those little ones talk to you.:+1: Looking forward to seeing these grow and prosper!:grin:

3 Likes

Thanks brother…

1 Like

Quick update…
Moved Gambian and Gambian X Haze to my terrace to steal some of that sweet, free sunlight…
It rained yesterday, so I’ll skip feeding her today, plants are looking good…

Gambians

Gambian X Haze

That one patience less seed I had to perform a membrane surgery is on the lead, the other is taking its time to root…

Mars cookies

They are staying indoors since they are photoperiod…
I hit them with the dose of 3 2 1 (15, 10, 5 ml) nutes per gallon last night with some calmag to see how they respond, they seems to enjoy it…
If I didn’t see any nutes burn in a couple of days, the Gambians and G Hazes will be getting it next time…
I didn’t mention ph balance coz I don’t have ph meter yet, I have ordered a kickass one with 3 point calibration. Hope I’ll be lucky and wouldn’t burn the plants till then…

18 Likes

can i ask, i’m new around here and new to growing… are those rice hulls on the top of your soil? do you mix them in throughout your entire soil mix or just sprinkle them on top? thanks for your time.

2 Likes

You can ask anything brother…
My medium is rice hulls mixed thoroughly with buffered coco…
Rice hulls can be used for aeration in place of perlite (which I’m doing) and as well as top dress as a mulch layer…
Additional info, I heard it also provides Silica for your plants which is needed to strengthen the stems…

11 Likes

cool, thanks for sharing the knowledge! i had listened to some podcast episodes that mentioned the benefit of adding silica to the soil. i hadn’t realized rice hulls could be a good source for that, as well as the other benefits of course.

3 Likes

Forgot to add, I have up potted one of the stretchy Mars cookies…

1 Like

Hey I dig it, I put sandwich bags (with a small hole in them) over my small pots when I put the seedlings in, whatever works heh.

2 Likes

Hey brother @highminwin
Sorry for the misdirection, it turns out even though rice hulls contain 90-98% silica it needs some preparation to extract it

//Although silica with high SSA can potentially be extracted by microbiological degradation because it excludes calcination, the hull’s organic compounds are known to biodegrade only after long periods of time9,10, rendering this process an unviable alternative//

Silica Derived from Burned Rice Hulls
So I wouldn’t suggest depending on rice hulls alone for silica unless some experienced grower suggests…
Buy it’s great for aeration though…
I’m also new to growing and I’m learning continuously…

10 Likes

cool, no worries man! thanks for double checking and letting me know as well. right now i’m just absorbing a lot of information and not writing down all the specific details per se. but where a few people mention something, then i try to make note of that for later.

2 Likes

I keep a hard copy journal to keep track of good bits of information like that. I use the bookmarks on here as well. I have to have a system because my memory sucks now days.

9 Likes