Amsterdam Still Relevant?

Was there in 2011…was wild. Twas the days before legalization, so it was a trek that had to be done. Met Franco and Arjan from GHS, danny and aaron from dna and some others. Soma was kind of an asshole…maybe he was just too busy with the ladies.
Cheap Heineken!!
My buddy was at Gray Area and asked to see a nice bud from the jar…my buddy accidentally bent it to smell the inside and the whole bud cracked and crumbled…the bud tender dude did not look impressed…was hilarious though.

Stickers and festiva pass to 2011 cannabis cup…lost the judges pass…or can’t find it now

8 Likes

Amsterdam would have been a place I would have liked to visit, many many moons ago.
I don’t think that it’s what it was for marijuana anymore, just my thoughts.
I was fortunate enough to spend 45 days in Thailand in ‘87 compliments of Uncle Sam.
We had a blast, as @olschool mentioned, the “other” things to do were fun, and we lived large
for the entire trip as the exchange rate was way up, and things were inexpensive.
We didn’t have any trouble finding weed outside the airbase in Korat, just couldn’t find anything Green, it was all 3 color brown, but way good.
The “Rice Shacks” was where it was at, you could acquire anything you wanted in minutes, not to mention the food was way better than eating 15 yr old tin can food.

5 Likes

I spent the first half of 1989 living in France. I bookended my stay in Europe with visits to Amsterdam. The first I met an American friend and we partied for the weekend. I ate a powerful “space cake” edible before hopping on the train back to Paris. The second time I had a couple days before my flight back to the US which left out of Brussels. A friend was supposed to join me but had to bail at the last second so I went by myself. I stayed at Bob’s Youth Hostel which was a great scene. The lobby was always bustling. Breakfast was included and was served in there. No smoking in the sleeping quarters, but anything goes in the lobby. Movies at midnight… It was great hanging out with stoners from all over the world. I picked up herb and hash at a couple places but don’t remember their names (not the Bulldog…). I had been smoking nothing but hash in France and was very pleased to find some green again. I know I picked up some Northern Lights and a gram of Skunk. They were as good or slightly better than what I could get on the black market back home.

I’d love to go back! I wonder how much has changed in nearly 35 years. I missed out on a number of attractions my previous visits as I was too busy having a good time. I’d like to time the return visit with a cannabis cup or to see some live music at Melkweg or Paradiso.

7 Likes

Nope, lost interest in there 20 years ago.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Always wanted to visit, but at my age these days it’s just not gonna happen.

Kinda had the experience when I headed west for a month last spring… lots of legal states. My third trip to Montana but first with legal weed… it was breathtaking.

And how can you have an Amsterdam thread without these guys…

1 Like