Thailand’s cannabis sellers say US growers are eating their lunch

3 Likes

$3.50 import $9 domestic.

Same whine as everywhere else.

Now if they actually sold serious Thai strains they might be in business…

8 Likes

They went woke…the old has been forsaken & like everyone else they’re on the Cookie train .

4 Likes

Yeah for sure man.

Were I in Thailand I would pay a premium for the real thing but I guess that’s exclusive to us weed nerd types.

5 Likes

I’ve done some trading with a fellow OG’er that’s from there . He told me vast majority now is indoors flavor of the week stuff…sound familar ? Says you got to go waaay off the beaten path to find anything remotely traditional . Says most of stuff we’d be interested in is coming from Cambodia , Laos & Burma .

5 Likes

I wish I was surprised. Growing an 18 week strain is a huge commitment and most of the market doesn’t care//recognize enough to pay a reasonable premium for it.

Cambodia is supposed to be really nice to visit.

3 Likes

Lol.

Its funny now that US has legalised they are pushing it all over the world, when it was Nixon who pressurised everyone to criminalize it in the first place.

With USA, it’s heads I win, Tails you lose

4 Likes

Last time I was in Cambodia , the locals weren’t happy we were there . Being uninvited guest & all in 1970 .

2 Likes

Have you ever had traditional grow SE Asian weed? What’s special about it?

1 Like

Can’t say as I blame them.

4 Likes

I don’t lust specifically after Thai weed but equatorial shit in general is a totally different trippy animal than your normal 8 week strain. Not even the same thing.

2 Likes

Potent & lysergic . First to grow sinsemilla also . True cartoon land shaman weed .

2 Likes

A girl I used to date was telling me about drinking a milkshake filled with god knows how many mushrooms and then floating down a river on a tube tripping balls.

3 Likes

…quelle surprice

2 Likes

Believe me , if it had been up to me I’d of chosen a different locale .

2 Likes

Yeah the Khmer Rouge weren’t fucking around. And the US influence probably didn’t help foreign tourism.

1 Like

I used to innertube while tripping on acid or shrooms. It’s a fucking blast.

2 Likes

Without knowing what the rules are for growers & sellers there, my immediate reaction is that they just haven’t had the same education curve as the US/CAN & will up their game within a few years, just like most of us. :sweat_smile:

Then the price difference will flip-flop. :sandal: The environment for greenhouse & hybrid indoor techniques is great. They can run old-school stuff at the same time.

What they probably won’t ever have is the same domestic demand that the United Stoners of America has, but Chinese, Korean, Japanese, etc. stoner tourism should be making up the difference.

Once the customer base & appetite stabilize/mature… learn to know good from bad, etc. it’ll be as boring as California: “Cookies or OG-of-the day, sir?” :man_facepalming:

But as noted at the end of the article, the problem is greedy men. :pensive:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Im hoping on taking a boat trip over there soon…get some serious surfing done…

I think the reactions from the locals are over exaggerated…it’s important to remember that in a modern connected world everyone wants to be treated the same…that isn’t the reality though when the yuppy city slickers want $10 a bean and the country growers would take $10 a bushel…we will see how things go of course…

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

It’s funny when I was in Thailand the thai’s were more interested in popping pills as scripts are not needed.

The cannabis culture was there but growing weed was basically the same as manufacturing meth as far as the police were concerned “same same” as they say…lol.

So I’d say that scared or convinced alot of growers to stop. As far as the current situation I’m not surprised they are behind the curve. Between government stances and harsh consequences (in the past ) and a a lack of education, I wouldn’t expect them to keep quite up to pace.

I’m sure how ever there is some seed hoarders with some old genetics, weather or not they were properly stored is another story.

2 Likes