Weekend in Las Vegas

Good Morning OGs! I am attempting to tap into the vast vessel of knowledge that is OG. We are taking a long weekend to Vegas. We haven’t been there since legalization and are looking for any tips or advice from anyone that has visited that scene.
Thanks in advance my brothers and sisters.

2 Likes

Scary and thrilling all at the same time i guess… Have a safe trip!

the Rio has a slammin good Buffett. Massive assortment of culinary delights.

Thanks @Kalgrae! Did you visit any dispensaries while you were there?

We just drove through, as we usually do. I love to gamble, dangerously.

My buddy was just there this last weekend and went to one called REEF i think. His feedback was that’s its similar to dispensaries in cali in how you enter and go through another door to where the goods are. Looked/ordered in one place, then payed at another and received “pre-packed” flowers. Said it’s kind of a bait n’ switch, but no real complaints. Prices comparable as well. No complaints on the oil cartridges. He had like thirty of them.

Also said the only real reason to go in and check it out, was to go in and check it out. Sounds like partaking folks are getting comfortable? Good luck. In your search and your rolls.

Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks @Kalgrae! That’s the info I was looking for. Maybe I’ll make this trip all about concentrates as we don’t see many where I am. Thanks again bro.

Craft Cannabis is a concept that we all can embrace. It is my hope that Craft Cannabis grown on small farms will be licensed in Texas some day and cannabis can be sold in small roadside outlets along side organic produce.
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/adam-stites/why-craft-cannabis-is-the_b_8217644.html?ncid=engmodushpmg00000006

1 Like

Mmm… :slot_machine: Las Vegas deserves own topic :wink:

I’ve heard that since 1st July it is legal for tourists to buy buds for recreational use… another sin :). but considering it is not legal to smoke anywhere else than in your residence question remains- where to smoke it? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The reef would be the dispensary I’d hit up. The one on the strip is open 24/7. Don’t expect it to be cheap, it’s Vegas after all. Lots of things to do, one thing I wish I had done was go to the racetrack and drive some super cars and maybe indoor skydiving.

Huge buffet at the rio! But expensive, I tried but couldn’t eat enough to justify paying that much.

2 Likes

You’ve got to hang out for a really long time. Start at lunch and finish somewhere slightly after your regular dinner time.

3 Likes

Meet some nice local girls and crash at their house!

1 Like

We smoked out our suite at the rio. Had the whole floor smelling like dank. All they did was close the doors to the elevators.
It’s Vegas man, tip well and you can get away with some things.

3 Likes

I landed in Vegas on July 2nd this year. Didn’t know it was going rec until the first, so much to my surprise Vegas was extra nice. I hit up a few shops when I was there. The Apothecarium was my favorite. I picked up a couple of disposable oil pens of Bubba Kush and Jack Herer, Both super nice and around 24 bucks a pop I believe. Each lasted about 3 days of all day blasting.

The Reef is huge but it’s maybe the highest priced place but you do have a ton of choice.

You’ll have to fill at paperwork everywhere you go, so me myself and I decided to keep it to a minimum.

Have a good time and if you like Asian food, stay in China town. You’ll save a ton of coin, and the food is delish.

Peace

3 Likes

Marijuana shoppers in the Las Vegas Valley will now be able to order their weed like they do fast food, thanks to Nevada’s first pot drive-thru set to open today.

Nuwu Cannabis Marketplace, located on tribal land on 1235 Paiute Circle near downtown Las Vegas, will open the one-lane drive-thru to the public at noon. Designed for elderly and handicapped customers who’d prefer not to leave their vehicles, the drive-thru service will offer about 15 popular flower, edible and concentrate products.

“We want all customers to have that same experience of being able to get in and get out,” said Benny Tso, chairman of the Las Vegas Paiute Tribe. “It’s about speed and convenience.”

The drive-thru, a converted $30,000 bank teller window shipped from Washington state last week, is made of bullet-proof glass and framed with bullet-proof Kevlar material. At least two surveillance cameras line both the inside and outside of the window.

The Nuwu Cannabis Marketplace at 1235 Paiute Circle, near Main Street and Washington Avenue, now features a drive-thru for customer convenience.

Store representatives said they hope to serve customers in less than a minute after the customer’s order is placed. Ethan Lucas, Nuwu’s product manager, said drive-thru managers have been hired away from fast-food chains to handle expected vehicle traffic and take orders while drive-thru customers are in line.

The new window is designed after a similar model used at the tribe’s popular smoke shop, located about 100 feet away from the nearly 16,000-square-foot mega dispensary, which opened last month. Tso estimated that nearly 300 vehicles pass through the smoke shop drive-thru on a given day.

“We just wanted to be able to play with the big dogs up here,” Tso said, referring to the expanding marijuana industry in Las Vegas.

Kevin Clock, president of Cascade Strategic Investments who partners with Nuwu, said the new drive-thru is the first fast food-style drive-thru for recreational marijuana in the country.

A car wash-style drive-thru with opening and closing garage-style doors for Tumbleweed Dispensary in Parachute, Colo., opened on April 20. All Greens Dispensary in Sun City, Ariz., opened a fast food-style drive-thru for their medical marijuana-only facility on Oct. 27.

[source: lasvegassun.com/ published: Nov 10. 2017]

1 Like

Every time you get in an elevator it smells like dank, it’s all over even before it was legal. I’d suggest taking a trip to Red Rock Canyon if you have the time. Awesome scenery and an awesome place to get stoned. Never saw mountains until I went there. HIGHLY suggested.

4 Likes

That’s my question. Does one seek a hotel with a balcony? Rooftop pool? What’s a stoner to do?

1 Like

Just so you know it´s illegal for them to ask you to leave the room. No matter what…

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas!!!

1 Like

I smoke in hotel rooms in CA all the time when I travel. If you use those vape pens, nobody will even notice. If you want to smoke a doobie, do it in the bathroom with the exhaust fan on. Or if you have a suite with a door, in that room with the window open. Never had a complaint, but it’s usually just me.

EDIT: most hotels have a continental breakfast, grab an apple to make a disposable pipe :wink:

2 Likes

Yes the old wet towell under the door, exhaling through a toilet paper roll stuffed with dryer sheets, standing under the exhaust fan in the bathroom (I don’t do this one. Standing in the bathroom kills any buzz IMO. ) overpowering Ozium or citrus sprays, Fuck it! Ima get high and not worry!

3 Likes