An easier method for reversing using straight silver nitrate

yes indeed, be careful with this stuff, always wear gloves when handling silver nitrate

1 Like

What’s everyone using to reverse a plant the simple fool proof method . I’d messaged Sebring I believe at one time he was selling the solution wanting to make some s1 auto flowers .

Colloidal silver has always worked for me. I tried STS once, but the plant was too small and it didn’t take the spray very well.

2 Likes

you buy or make?

What gauge wire is needed?

2 Likes

Here is a post from the last time I made it. I would go with the 12 guage as it does tend to erode away over time.

3 Likes

I see a lot of videos with guys using three 9v batteries. Does that work? How long does it need to “cook”?

1 Like

Yes that will work, and a few hours should do it, doesn’t take too long.

2 Likes

Cool thank you

1 Like

Is there a way to test it to know if its strong enough? Tds? Ppm?

Yes, just use your TDS Meter. Be safe/be well.

Sorry to ask so many questions but what range am I looking for?

1 Like

For me, I shoot for a minimum of 50. Some have their own preferences. You DON’T want it weaker, in my opinion. Be safe/be well.

2 Likes

Use an old cell phone charger… the silver wires are a hustle…if you have a gold and silver buyer, you can buy a 1 ounce bullion of silver for about $20…just cut it in half and use some small alligator clips. I let mine go overnight…water got kind of dark, but you can see the silver tinge sticking to the glass wall of my jar…not sure of the ppm, but I tasted a drop and it’s got that metallic “twang”

2 Likes

Cell phone charger for silver?

PERFECT for making your own, replaces the need for the batteries. Be safe/be well.

1 Like

Suggestions for cheap silver

Buy an oz from a silver/gold guy. Mine was like 30 bucks and will last forever

From what I’ve read a TDS meter does not give good readings on CS.
I’ve no experience myself but I would use a laser pointer and stop as soon as i see a reflection beam showing up in the solution.
I’ve seen 100 ppm for CS and 10ppm (AgNO3) for STS being used. And even at that point there was a warning that it might burn your plants.

5 Likes

Hey so I know this is here somewhere probably multiple threads but I just got my parts and silver and am building the cs generator I have a fem germinating it’s finally time to try reversing a girl of my own I have a 5 pack double grape I would love to make some seeds from anyway my question is in regards to spraying what to spray how much how often and for how long thanks folks be good out there

1 Like