An envelope method of sending cuts(unrooted), potentially across the border

well im proof a month in a community box is to long lmao but nice to see it worked!

3 Likes

I’ve been experimenting and tinkering with a 3d printed frame for a small envelope and it would fit two clones. First I built a frame that goes into a stack of papers and tried to send it to @Fuel, but it never arrived and my conclusion is that it probably weighed too much so it caught suspicion. My idea since have been something like this but with a sturdy frame and one side plastic. It’s an interesting idea and I love that you have tried and it worked.

Pz :v:t2:

7 Likes

@Rhino_buddy , this might help with your leaf overlap problem. Imagine multiple straws in one zip lock, sharing the same moistened paper towel. Label straw to differentiate snips. Probably fit 10 in one bag but it only works with small snips and appropriately sized straws.(under 5 mm thick)

:v::canada:

41 Likes

this for sure is a really cool technique ! thanks for sharing!!! :innocent: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute: :vulcan_salute:

4 Likes

Old timers have been mailing snips around the world like this for decades. Definitely not my invention but happy to pass the tech along.
:v::canada:

15 Likes

This is how we send them across the big pond…

8 Likes

that’s also a great option!:slight_smile: :upside_down_face: :slight_smile:

and is already safed . i`m going to try both!

2 Likes

Always a great method! There’s the customs declaration that goes with that route tho. In an envelope, they just fly. I actually recent some cuts sent in a dvd case yesterday. Thanks @Til_Valhalla . They look perfect.

And I think your straw tech, is something worth trying @Budderton . I’m intrigued to see what I can send with that revelation. :heart_eyes:

Thanks you guys!

8 Likes

I never had problems with customs… sending to and receiving…

3 Likes

Nor I, but I was also going for cheapest shipping rates too. It’s like 1.60 $ to send a letter anywhere in the world(mostly). I’m not knocking the DVD case. Works phenomenal. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

I understand, also if you’re gonna send it that way tell them non machine-able please for a few more cents more…to me it’s worth cost shipping with DVDs, I mean look at the clones/cuttings you’re sending or receiving, they can last you/them a lifetime specially if they are elite/clone only strains…I also like the DVD because it has more protection from cold and mishandling…I’m just saying,…its worth it.

8 Likes

Appreciate your input friend. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Like I said. Not against DVD cases. Just going for another, different method. This has been working in the US, and I’m really just trying to see how far I can get them. DVD cases are definitely a nice protective way to send them. And as for non machinable I think that only really happens maybe 50 percent of the time. I’ve gotten tons of coin flips that had the extra non machinable stamp that had impressions in the cardstock from going through the rollers. You can tell when they haven’t. The chopsticks in this method prevent the rollers from crushing them. I think we have a pretty sound way, totally dependent on the snail mail system, to share this resilient, medicine throughout the world. Many ways to get to the same end. :wink:

Love you OG! :heart::heart::heart:

9 Likes

This is cool. My brain immediately was thinking of different shapes and options for a 3d printed route. I’d like to see what you come up with. I have an ender to assemble.

3 Likes

Awesome! I’ve almost purchased one so many times now. I want to make sure I get one I can use filament made from old bottles.

I’ve been thinking about how to 3d print something for this for awhile. I feel the plastic would have to flex enough through the rollers to not break/ fracture. After considering it I just stuck with the chopsticks. The have tons of rigidity and still flex plenty. Still thinking on it and would love to see what you come up with @LonelyOC .

4 Likes

Yes, I plan to use PETG for this project. Other plastics are too brittle and I have not attached a hood and outlet, so I can’t print ABS atm.

7 Likes

Glad you’re on top of it. I haven’t delved into the world of printable plastics and their properties, so it’s nice to know it’s already considered. :wink:

2 Likes

Sweet. Glad u got them.
Tag me when you got them rooted and transplanted

3 Likes

This is what I’ve been thinking about. It’s 8mm thick, measured from my own chopsticks at home, what thickness are your chopsticks at?

12 Likes

Nice design, but I think you could get rid of the base to reduce thickness. Technically the thickness limit for a stamped letter is 0.25". I imagine it’s not strictly enforced though.

I just bought a huge bag of chopsticks. They seem thinner than what I’ve gotten from takeout places. I’ll slaps some calipers on them later.

6 Likes

Oh shit @LonelyOC that’s amazing!

@Bobgrows , @ix3u you both see this majesty?!

7 Likes