An envelope method of sending cuts(unrooted), potentially across the border

awesome. i will make sure you get first dibs bro you always been a real one to me. :+1:

6 Likes

On a fantastic note for everyone reading.

Sent: Jan 9th
Arrive: Jan 23rd
To: :canada:

@Rhino_buddy your system works!.

Now for :crossed_fingers: that these Blueberry cuts throw roots!.

Here they are the Blueberry cuts in cubes:

This am i checked on them and they were wilted but there’s still time to see what happens. All I need is one to survive and then Blueyeah! :rofl:

@DannyTerpintine ya wanna read up here growmie! :metal:

48 Likes

Which Blueberry is that?

3 Likes

DJ Short Blueberry!

(mic drop sound)

13 Likes

Nice, she will explode once she roots.

3 Likes

Just checked, @Rhino_buddy the one that had a lil’ necrosis on the leaf-to-leaf action is generalized wilty… but the other has it’s larger fans wilty but the “terminal mini node leaves” are upright like a :fu: to the Reaper! :rofl: :+1:

6 Likes

I had a couple like that, they did perk up, keep them warm and the humidity up. I got everything to root, some just took a bit longer.

3 Likes

Hell yes!!! I hope that this tech can take off. Especially for sending cuts across the border. I can’t wait to send all the cuts I have to you @Pigeonman . Hahahah.

I’ll get it perfected yet. I’ll lay each leaflet so there’s no overlap, and double bag them for insulation. Just gonna be up to the USPS after that. But if conditions are right they should survive even ~a month in transit. That’s probably a stretch but it’d be possible.

Hope those GMO cuts make it in as good of shape. They definitely took the slower path. :crazy_face:

You had 100% success rooting those envelope cuts @JustANobody ? I forgot that. :heart_eyes::+1:

19 Likes

Oh yea, those Romulan you sent took awhile but they rooted!

8 Likes

What ya want to try next? I’m ready to send since the weather is at refrigerator temps now. :joy:

10 Likes

That method pretty nice I think I’m going to try and using that. It would definitely save on the shipping cost which is a win for everyone

8 Likes

That was my first goal of this idea. But then it became a bigger Idea of sending cuts across the border, since envelopes skate on through, it’s the perfect way!

Any word on the GMO @Pigeonman ?

9 Likes

Have you tried rooting them first in an aero cloner? Good stuff, thanks for posting this!

4 Likes

This seriously has to be one of the coolest things I’ve seen in awhile! :exploding_head: Very smart thinking there @Rhino_buddy. I will 100% be giving this a try the first chance I get. :facepunch:

7 Likes

This is extremely clever and I particularly like the paper towel because I always throw one in with my edible produce to keep it fresh longer.

1 Like

I had clones sent to me that got lost in the post for 10 days iirc?
46f02a89c24cd7e5a9b172e51b5f01ab5b2af5d8_2_555x500
One was still alive so i nursed it back to health.
8acd3c731f45af4c70463a83253cca8974142c23_2_391x500
12fb2e75262f17972eef581a4fdc754ae698b35c_2_580x499
Gorilla glue #4 I run frequently its a firm favourite.

16 Likes

You can keep cuts in the fridge like this for 6+ weeks too.

9 Likes

Cool tech. I wouldn’t mind trying this. Just gotta track down some chopsticks… Anyone want a rooted cut of Stardawg Corey?

5 Likes

Nice one :wink:

we used allmost the same method, we use dvd plastic case, you need to put the plastic that keep the dvd in place off, then yu can put up to 20 cuts inside…or 4, 5 rooted ones.
then i close it and tape it, put it in a bubble wrap ? to send by post in a “letter” format(packet under 100gr)

6 Likes

Not yesterday, hoping today!

:crossed_fingers:

Here’s the DJ Short Blueberries this AM:

:+1:

(Edit: the one on the left is the cut that had the top node necrosis.)

14 Likes