An inside look at LEDSeedz

I got 6 x clusterfunk and 10x ssdd last night. So time for a female hunt followed by a pheno hunt to find a keeper from the clusterfunk. Then move on to the ssdd.

Cola

5 Likes

Thanks to @Yarddog and @LED_Seedz for the pics of Kimbo Kush f2 , does it resemble the f1 version.?
Anyway I appreciate the info… cheers.
Gaz

4 Likes

Hard to make that determination because I have only ever run three of the originals through. I know my version yields a lot more than what I have seen and has more of the berry come through in the flavor. I do believe @DavesNotHere is going to run a side by side at some point.

I won’t be releasing this one though, and may throw some out as freebies. I did it more for fun just to see what I could do with my chosen one Igor.

So a couple of months ago my partner decided he wanted to try and recreate the original “Gods Gift”. I actually sourced the cut out in LA through a buddy of mine but my partner is determined to make it himself. I agreed it had been a minute since we played with colors so I agreed to help him.

Originally I thought I would go looking for a couple of Buckeye Purple males and my good buddy @Grower13 just happened to have a couple of packs. One pack was from the original F1’s and the other much later. Well needless to say one pack I had zero germ and the other I had 4 strong from 7. Who ends up with 4 awesome looking females when I want a male? Me of course…

Four weeks ago I went in to the seed fridge and went digging. Four decent looking mothers, and two studs have shown, and I still have a no show.

Going to hit a couple of my African Sativas, couple of Kushes, and see about making some purple babies and BX one of the Buckeye Purples if I can find a good purple one from the 4 I have for the toolbox.

My second breeder room goes back online this weekend, and we’ll document this new Purple line I will call “Erotic City” named for the great Purple one himself Prince.

In other news, LEDSeedz will go live today with 10 strains, and the announcement will come later today in a new thread.

I do have a prior commitment with my wife this afternoon, but I will be getting this going today for everyone that has waited so patiently.

Happy Valentines Day to all you Lovers out there!

Kind Blessings
PJ

19 Likes

I had planned on running the kimbo kush side by side with 5 beans from exotic and 5 from yours after the starfighter harvest. So June-july

4 Likes

I have Mels gifted BeP the last ones she made before leaving to head west, I believe they are the f4’s but I would have to look…

Buckeye Purple (f4) – Melvanetics

yup these are the ones…lmk if you want them, I’ll get a tester so I’ll will benefit greatly.

3 Likes

Thread up about the seed drop

*Note that the limited packs are very limited. I will only be releasing 10 packs of each.

10 Likes

Thanks for sharing the love brother… looky looky what show up at my place… gonna be an awesome summer in my neck of the woods.

9 Likes

Is it wrong that i am jealous right now? :angry: Ha! Ha!

7 Likes

Haha, mine were just ordered. :grin:

6 Likes

Go ahead, rub it in. :relaxed:

6 Likes

If you insist…

11 Likes

Anyone like African strains?

Ciskei 1 and 2

Pure Durban just getting going and already looking scary.

Malawi just getting going as well

Hawaiian Sativa

14 Likes

@LED_Seedz please don’t haze me if you’ve been asked this a million times,

Do you have any plans to do any work with autos? I feel like with your skill that you have the best shot at creating the ultimate auto.

Respectfully
Jelly

5 Likes

I’ve actually never been asked that question, but no I do not. Couldn’t tell you the first thing about them honestly. Tough enough trying to keep as many males and females playing nice together as I do.

8 Likes

For real, the ability to clone is a major factor in breeding. Props to the breeders who have the diligence to properly work with autos, though.

8 Likes

Not only that, where does one get a Ruderalis with enough vigor and traits needed not to spoil the genetics in play…

Word!

7 Likes

Right on,

It never hurts to ask, and I appreciate the follow-up and feedback,

This didn’t even occur to me, I have a newfound respect for the good auto breeders out there. Sometimes you don’t realize just how much work goes into it, and I suspect the lack of clones makes auto breeding even more difficult. Can’t keep a mother, can’t reveg, etc.

7 Likes

Been running a few things on the side looking for a keeper or 6.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is “shit” from Mr Nice. Not quite what I am after so it was harvested and not set to reveg.

22 Likes

Is re-veg a practice you use often? I imagine when working with decent numbers it is easier to just re-veg the keepers. Can you re-veg a male? :thinking:

8 Likes

What was the deal breaker on this strain ?

5 Likes