An Unexpected Earthbox Journey

Guess I’m due next for the t-shirt… love it!

5 Likes

Right? It would have been wrong to NOT get it lol.

5 Likes

Six dollar t-shirts
:facepunch::wink:
How can you beat that? lol

5 Likes

Not sure what I got myself into… @Pluckyevil was trying to tell me to swap the plants between this tent and my veg tent so they actually had room like I know I should, but I got myself into this mess so I am going to fly with it lol.

I took every fan leaf I could find off accept the top 2 on most of the branches. Not the first time I have done this, they just always grew out of it in a few days lol.

Hopefully since they are in flower, they will finally slow the hell down after a bit so that I might still be able to have some room between them and the light…It has been pretty hilarious to watch how bad of an idea this was lol. These earthboxes are no joke.

19 Likes

Whoa, that is quite the jungle!
I just told @CrunchBerries earlier that I’ve decided to EB the ST mom after the clones root.
Your my guinea pig :rofl:

5 Likes

Lol! Ya EB would be a good option for a mom plant indeed, especially if you are after clones (or a TON of clones). I will have to give these a run in a bigger space or toss a few autos in them outside this year, I dig how they are functioning so far heh.

3 Likes

I took the clones so I can use one of those as a new mom. I already know I want more of the Frutti pheno so… here we go

4 Likes

That’s badass man! Your grow makes me smile :blush:

5 Likes

Nice looking 🪴

3 Likes

It is Fangorn Forest up in the damn tent.

Since the last update, I have removed multiple pounds of material out of here between the upper fan leaves and lower branches and material that needs to go. I need to take a bunch more off the bottom of 2 plants and I should really take another leaf or 2 off some of these tops as 1 last effort to get light down to anything that is not getting cannibalized.

I may be slamming this light to the roof and moving it over so I can add another small light or 2 in there to help charge up this canopy a bit more.

18 Likes

Almost forgot to add… I gave them their second/last top dressing earlier. I topped them with Craft Blend, Brute worm castings, Kashi Blend and then top watered it all in with the blue corn/alfalfa sprout SST I made with just a splash of Quillaja, freeze dried coconut water, agsil and build a bloom.

5 Likes

Quick update from Fangorn Forest.

They keep stretching and I keep stripping. Still not sure if I can manage another light in there, Just out of room with my clip fans on their pole mounts, exhaust fan etc. There needs to be just a little more spread in there since they are so close now. Not much to talk about really, just fighting my way through the forest 1 step at a time.

@chronix We had a couple friends stop by for a few nibbles.

20 Likes

Absolutely awesome, thanks for sharing that with me!
@bassman5420 :slightly_smiling_face: :v: :green_heart:

5 Likes

Quick update:

• Added a little light to help saturate the canopy a little better.
  • Pollenated 3 branches on the MAC#1 and 3 branches on the HelenaxPBB.

I was going to pollenate the DosiDos as well, but there is nothing that impresses me about that plant one bit. We will see when its done, but I may just trash or giveaway the clones I took from it.

The MAC#1 has been putting out the trichomes pretty well and has a tackiness to it that the DosiDos just did not have. The HelenaXPBB is right there with the MAC#1 but just a different feel to its oil compared to the MAC#1

Some pollination action after I took the branches out of quarantine.

19 Likes

Random 3D printing project

Wore out some parts on my extruder so my printer has been down, but I replaced some things and have been recalibrating a bit.

I was finally able to finish this rough prototype of a little mini EB/SIP container, it is currently filled with water and doing an overnight water retention test to make sure it is good to go. It should be more than fine as it sits, I made it 4 walls thick on the perimeter and any flaws I see should not mess with its integrity.

I printed the main body and it is filled from the outside, not a tube like the EB’s. I also printed a lid cover and insert so I can slide the lid around the stem of the clone I put in there and add the insert in place to eliminate as much light as possible for the size opening I went with.

This container is 4x4x5. 4x4x4 for soil and 1x4x4 for water reservoir.

The plan was not to grow anything substantial, but to be able to throw a clone in here and flower/pollenate it.

I have already revised the design for the next print (lol). The little legs on the divider/screen insert were a horrible idea and the printer did not really like them much. Changes made, so I may just go ahead and start another print while I sleep lol.

14 Likes

Those 3d printers are pretty amazing. :slightly_smiling_face: :v:

2 Likes

Did you test this out yet?

1 Like

I did a water test to make sure it held water which it did. I was thinking about putting a clone in there that has rooted and barely made it. I printed another one that is designed much better, sometimes a good idea swiftly turns into a bad idea once you get it done, but that’s how it goes heh.

6 Likes

Trial and error bud :+1::+1:

1 Like

I want to get some plants in these asap, I just have to make sure I do it at the right time since my flower space is locked down usually. The plant will stay in there the rest of its life once its in the pot, so I need to time things right.

I figured they would be perfect for flipping a bunch of small clones and pollenating them like I am wanting to do with my CBD:THC project.

I really need this tent cleared out so I can move forward with some of these other plants heh.

5 Likes