and hang a couple of small lights sideways
under the canopy.

:nerd_face: :upside_down_face: :sunglasses: :smile: :green_heart: :v:

2 Likes

It couldn’t fit under the plastic?
Best mulch you can imagine.
Worm food!

2 Likes

Don’t encourage the madness! It may drive me to 3d print some shelf brackets and fill it up down there lol!

It could have fit under there, but I am not even sure if the 3-4 worms I put in there survived because I had not seen much signs of activity on the top. I did not want it sitting in there against the cover if possible.

I wanted to put it in one of the beds as mulch, but I try to only put the material from each tent into their own beds.

3 Likes

Worms lay eggs and like fresh food, all I’m saying.
And it’ll decompose without worms too!
A million other species in there waiting for food.
Could let the leaves dry first so they shrink, then put them in. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, I think the microbes and mites do more of the actual breakdown and then the worms slurp that through their guts, right?

4 Likes

Might try that at some point. My wife is starting a diary in a little tent with a earthbox junior. I think she might be doing no mulch cover and heavy cover crop so her “fairy garden” will look a bit more lively heh.

4 Likes

Awesome!
Feel free to tag me there!
Would love to observe that. :nerd_face: :smiley: :+1: :seedling:

3 Likes

It’s wild how much you look like this dude I went to high school with! LotR fan I smoked with and a bass player lol. Your plants look so healthy and happy. Love seeing the earth boxes in action!

3 Likes

Your friend sounds like a complete badass if I do say so myself… Lol! :crazy_face:

5 Likes

Things are a little tight in here… Before I took the pic, the fan on the left was smashing the Dosidos corner cola…

Included a pic of some seed production. This tent was so tight and close to the fans, I knew it would not be the best idea to pollenate a few branches. Seems there are a few spots that caught a whiff of pollen that were not intended, so may end up with a few mystery beans in the end.

The 3D printed Mini EB pot I made functioned fine, but I could not stand those nasty looking, brittle legs the insert had, so I redesigned the inside of the pot and the screen insert to make things much more streamlined.

12 Likes

Looks great bud! I’ll definitely be keeping a watch on this one! Those mini eb’s look super cool. Hope all is well with you and the family.

2 Likes

Late update (been in a bit of a funk lately…)

This damn DosiDos plant had given me bad vibes from the beginning and I know why now… I opened the tent the other day and saw some nanners shooting out of a few top buds. I ended up chopping, bagging and throwing it in the freezer to experiment with.

Everything in there had already been falling all over since I had not put a second layer of trellis in there, so I took down the first layer and centered that earthbox in the tent then added the trellis and spreaders to try and keep things in line till the end. Not to happy about the turn of events, mainly killed the Dosidos so it would not completely contaminate the buds I had pollenated before. Ooh well shit happens, Just need to finish letting the seeds mature that I am wanting and get these plants gone.

12 Likes

This adventure is nearing its end… DosiDos that hermed out is still bagged up in the freezer to mess with later, the clone of my original HelenaxPBB is fading purple as it finished chunking up and the MAC#1 is just chillin, stinking things up as it finishes.

So far the only issue I have really ran into with the EB’s is that I went a little too long without filling it with water and actually saw some damage because of it. Lesson learned for next time…lol.

15 Likes

This “Unexpected Journey” is coming to an end.

The 2 survivors (Helena x PBB and MAC #1) have been chopped and are now in the drying tent. Here are some pictures

MAC #1

Helena x PBB

I am not a pro photographer, so this is all I got…Lol!

I will elaborate on my thoughts and lessons learned from the grow a little bit later.

28 Likes

They looked great. Look forward to hearing your yield.

5 Likes

I agree ! Those girls came out awesome :sunglasses:
Nice job @bassman5420 :fire:

4 Likes

Dude, just found this thread! Along for the ride!

4 Likes

@HappyTrees23s Hey thanks bud! Ya ole “Helena” is always a beauty in the end, I actually have some crosses from these 2 plants that will be working their way into a giveaway here in the future heh. Actually naming these crosses this time since things are starting to get more serious. :+1:

@CrunchBerries Hah! I thought you had stopped by here before for some reason. Its not the most active/popular thread so it gets lost easy heh. Finishing up my tribute video for this run, then I will be updating on what’s going on in the tent now. Thanks for stopping by though bud! :pray:

5 Likes

Just realized I never made it back here to comment…
Some danky Dank lookin nugs @bassman5420. Well done Sir!!

Can’t wait for smoke reports and to see what’s cookin next!

Good vibes bud

5 Likes

Fuck. Another EB thread to tempt me. Hydro store near me just restocked on BAS 3.0 bags too. Nice looking plants! Might have to try this one day.

5 Likes