Any one having issues getting their soil this year?

That’s looks like some nice compost . This is available at the local nursery EB Stone Recipe 420 Original Potting Soil (1.5 cu ft) – Grow Organic if you only need a small amount .

What a great deal!

1 Like

Anyone have experience with coco loco or ProMix HPCC. I got some of each from what the bag says it seems like the coco loco is amended with organics but I am not sure what I have with the HPCC.

1 Like

Coco is too fancy for me $ lol Promix Hp works, being soilless You need a fertilizer.

1 Like

So you run it like soil with hydro nutes? Or I guess I could use it as a really expensive base for amending? I haven’t used coco for anything before.

I use soil in the garden canna coco in the grow room.

I think what people are doing is mixing it with a soilless, using it straight or perhaps mixed with perlite but in all cases, fertilizer is added. I believe coco holds the root but does not give it nutrients. I almost doubted what fertilizers do but one look at the strip of grass directly above where my septic tank leaches and the grass is always twice as thick and tall and grows twice as fast… could be the extra water but I do not think so.

2 Likes

Fox Farm Happy Frog was scarce in my area this year. Apparently all of my local sources couldn’t get deliveries made to them and demand was through the roof. I managed to scoop two bags early on and had two from last year. I also bought another soil by Mother Earth called Terracraft. This is supposed to be manufactured in Georgia and so far it’s been comparable to the Frog.

1 Like

I couldn’t pick up my usual pro mix anywhere in my small town and for a 50 mile radius no place had it, they could only order it by the pallet. Well I ended up getting some cheapo organic potting soil. Hopefully my plants do well in it. Its called nulife organic potting soil. It seems like ok stuff from what I’ve read and it does seem to be very organic. I hope it turns out to be OK stuff just because of cost basis.

1 Like