Any original OG members back?

Wb @Drift been a minute

1 Like

Mr mustard said hello OG

1 Like

I started working at a hydro store in July 2003 and believe I signed up late 2003 or early 2004 until it was shut down.

3 Likes

@vinny_verde check in here homie

2 Likes

One more original OG member here (if anyone’s still counting.) Great to see some of the old names here. Pretty sure this was the name I’d used, but I’m sure I didn’t post any weed pics, or “My weed is the stankest” posts since I lived in a weed-hating state (admit it, West Virginia, you still hate weed!)
Sweated my as off after HS and then again with OG. Turned out the :police_car: work more thru aholes than the web.
… But I digress, this being more of a celebration:
YEEE- HAAAA I CAN GROW WEED!

love!

5 Likes

I would say I was here when it shutdown but I jumped ships with BOG to ICmag in 04 and switch from StoneSilly to AmericanGrower in 07 after IC’s POM problem ugh… lol

5 Likes

By the time it shut down I wasn’t really stopping by much. So I don’t remember BOG leaving OG. I never understood the flak he was getting (remembering a thread about repotting with the small pot’s dirt am inch or 2 above the new soil line) so not surprised he left. Great 2 see he came back.
Since I’m remembering, the last decade has been hard on the OG OG’ers. +k to all of you!

5 Likes

lol I still up-pot or even double stack cut bottom style. I have tried just about everything in soil since 86. Would you be shocked if I told you the absolute fast/best roots I have ever seen were grown in a plastic clear/blue cup? Try it thank me later.

3 Likes

…and pitch my environmentally-friendly containers in the dump? Never! Well, maybe. Absolute best?
:blush:

3 Likes

Just a guess as I am not a scientist but my conclusion was that blue and green clear cups. Let you see the roots but filter out any harmful light to roots. Much like using a green light in growroom.

2 Likes

Hello everyone first time posting since I dont know maybe 2004???

I started my journey back in 2003 by building a 3x3x5 foot closet with the help of all the talented individuals who posted so much info! (I was not handy back then either). And tent prices were insane! I got everything I needed from home depot and my ex girlfriends dad helped me build it. He was so cool, it was his house and he approved my request.

I managed to get a few harvests while you guys cheered me on to use coco(which was pretty new, not everyone was doing it) and wow was that the cheat code.

I then went on to move out of that house and part ways with the gf. I started growing in my own apartment and without anyone else there disaster struck while on a trip and lost all power and heat during the winter. That was my last grow, somewhere around December 2005.

For most of 2005 I was severely depressed from the break up and drinking like a maniac while pretending I was fine. That year I decided to get my act together and swore off alcohol and canabis. I threw out all my low Ryder crosses I made (huge bummer now) .

Fast forward to today I still haven’t had a drink since 05 but I am currently just starting a grow and will have my first taste of canabis in over 16 years.

That first bud will be my own. All because you guys taught me you can do anything if you try. And if someone before you can lay out the path all you need do is follow.

One last thing. My love for growing canabis spurred me into farming and producing food for myself and my family all these years later. I’ve been gardening since then and love it. I practice beyond organic style of gardening. Now I get to grow my favorite plant that started it all.

God Bless guys so happy to be home

13 Likes

Welcome back @Thedudelivesman to The Overgrow

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Old timer here from past incarnation of Overgrow.
Just released from 4 year probation for cultivating.
It feels good to be back.
Looking to learn much, new genetics, breeders and equipment. Also law in each state.
Please be patient with me, my response times, I’ve had 3 strokes, suffer from depression and horrific chronic pain.
Never been to dispensery, will need advice.
Much love to all…

10 Likes

Come to Michigan, 12 rec and 12 medical.

4 Likes

Actually I started at a hydro store in june 2002 lol had my dates mixed up so was on original OG a few months later in 2002

3 Likes

I was here back in the day untill it shut down. Now that NY is legal I feel safe setting an account back up. We can not officaly grow untill dispencaries are up and running. This will be at least another year, so one more guerilla grow for now. It is going to be nice to grow my three plants in the back yard and really dial them in. I may actually miss hiking through the swamps, thorns, stinging nettles, and swarms of mosquitos. Also no more free hits of adrenaline when a helicopter comes over the ridge while Im hauling water buckets in the wide open. That will definatly make your butthole pucker.

9 Likes

2006 was the yr i first logged in at 18 yrs old i was in prison the entire time the site was banned so im back soooo glad i thought to look up some old links but quickly realized it was back. Yeeeeash its been to long to say the least… Norcalkid88 was my handle or nck88 i believe lol glad to be back ive learned so much cant wait to share and learn together…

3 Likes

Reporting in, you can’t believe how devastated I was when I logged in and the site was down. All those photos and good times over! Now it’s been so long I can’t even remember my original username…and the photos are surely deleted. All I can remember through a haze of smoke in the late 90s and early 2000s was so many inspirational growers…people using high pressure shower nozzles as hydro sprayers to do deep water culture under 10 x 1000 W HPS lights…guys pulling off mammoth grows out there in the jungle…a time of innovation :wink:

Good to see the site is back up and running again. Hopefully a few of the OG OGs are back here too.

Peace out

Chronisseur

5 Likes

Welcome back to OG 2.0. Plenty of good peeps here, new and old. :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi everyone. Back for the action. So glad I am. Sorry I left. Didn’t know it was back and running. Had my head down a bit growing my ass off.

7 Likes