Any original OG members back?

Also the Mills Pride Club.

2 Likes

Howdy from Uncle Ben!

6 Likes

Welcome to the new OG @OldUncleBen.

2 Likes

Thank you! Don’t know how much I’ll be hanging around. With all the Facebook groups I belong to all I need another forum. Good I’m retired though.

Check this out on PoM. Seems he was a big time operator on the narcotics ring, Silk Road. Got busted, recently was put into a detention hospital for injuries sustained, whatever that means. “Bring popcorn”.

3 Likes

This has been discussed a lot. Please change your link to web archive and not direct from a growing site to doj…

1 Like

Link changed… Yes, there is a topic for those stories/rumours…

3 Likes

Howdy from Texas. Still crazy after all these years. I doubt if there are any of the original members of Overgrow.com, a forum that dates back to the late teens, 2017 to the early 2020’s. I still have dozens of posts I wrote and others from back in the day. Example, here’s one of my white papers. Others are High phosphorous one, Moisture Stress, the infamous Topping to get 4 Main colas, etc.
Take care amigos,

UB
AlienfromPlanetGanja|653x500
Air Layering is an almost foolproof means of doing asexual propagation. There is no stress to the mother plant, no humidity tents to fool with, easy and cheap.

PLANT PROPAGATION by AIR LAYERING TECHNIQUE

1. While the plant is in its vegetative stage, select a location at the top of the plant, or any terminal growing location in which you would like to take a clone. Identify a node below this terminal growth to be used for the production of roots, and pinch or snip off the leaf petioles as close to the node as possible, leave alone until the next day to give the petiole wounds a chance to heal. This will be your future rooting site.

2. We will now trick this area to redirect its food resources towards the making of new roots at our future rooting site, which will speed up the cloning process. There are two ways of fooling Mama Nature:

a. Slit the stem just below the rooting node site. Pry the slit open with a small piece of a toothpick, leaving the toothpick in place, or,

b. Here’s a more efficient method. Using a single-edge razor blade make a cut all the way around the stem just below the node, and through the bark into the phloem. You’ll feel a little resistance when you hit it. The phloem is the tissue that conducts food from the leaves downward. Your goal is to cut off this flow of food just below your rooting site. Don’t worry, you have not affected any growth below this area. Make another cut about 1/2" or so below the first cut, and again guide the razor blade all the way around the stem. Join the two cuts with a vertical cut so that it looks like an < I >. The “bark” will now slip or peel off the stem all the way around. Using your fingernail, peel the “bark” off the stem, and lightly scrape the phloem tissue off the 1/2" or so of exposed stem. Don’t overdue it or you will get into the xylem, which is the conduit that conducts water and nutes upward. This second method interrupts the transmission of food more efficiently than the first.

You have just created a condition in which the top terminal part is still receiving water and nutes, and the food manufactured by the upper leaves is being retained at and above the future rooting site.

1. Dust the node site (located above the cut bark/phloem tissue) with Rootone F or anyone of your favorite cloning agents. Don’t overdue it.

2. Wet a handful of sphagnum moss until it is saturated with water, tap water is fine, and wring out the excess. Wrap the moss around the node site. This is where your roots will show. Hold the moss in place and wrap CLEAR plastic (baggie plastic is fine) or Saran Wrap around the sphagnum moss several times and tightly secure it (wrap it) with masking tape at the top and at the bottom. This seal should be such that excess water can escape but moisture will be retained. Place the plant under normal lighting conditions.

3. Roots will form quickly. When you see a flush of roots show up within the confines of the plastic wrap, clip it off just below the bottom of the plastic wrap, and bingo, you have a new addition to the household.

Needless to say, carefully unwrap the plastic, cut off your new plant and pot it up.

26 Likes

Long time bro……
How’s life been treating you……

6 Likes

Hello @OldUncleBen, and welcome to overgrow 2.0.

When you say that you doubt any original members of overgrow here, what do you mean by “original”? If it was anyone who was a member before it went down in 2006 or so, you might be surprised to see how many of us are here. In fact, there’s a thread where you can post that you were an old member HERE, and an “Old School Member” badge for you when you post there.

10 Likes

Welcome back, I like making new friends.

3 Likes

Holy Shit… dig seeing old school friends from the mighty OG Past… ORIGINAL HASHSTASH Here when Juice and Cabby, Yesca, Blazeoneup etc best back then lets make it best again…

6 Likes

I was here when the shark tank was a very viscous place and wasn’t a very nice place for some members who didn’t have thick skin… im 60 now but my memory still remembers some like i mentions… I had to many friends who were here, I was a paid supporter and was a loyal og for years … luvmebud, cabby, yesca, rc, juice, blazeonup, many femals but can’t remember the names sorry lol…

5 Likes

2017 - 2020 would be this the present site , the original site started and ended much earlier but there are many members from both of those time periods still around and many who are unfortunately not.

2 Likes

Thanks, will do.

Howdy, am over 70 so the old age pains are there, plus had a bout with cancer, 2 lumbar surgeries, etc. Speaking of “Oldjoints”, even walking is getting to be uncomfortable. Life’s a bitch and then you die.

How about yourself, what’s up?

2 Likes

Well after prison for cultivation had to wait for parole to end before starting to grow again. Been back in the saddle for 5 years so had to start all over again.
I hear ya on the old age thing, I’m not far from you in that and feeling the negligence of my youthful years. I climbed trees until I was 60 and it’s catching up with me.
Nice to see you around bro, hope you enjoy OG 2.0. Not near the bragging and bullshit of the old one.
Peace……… OJ

3 Likes

Sorry to hear that, really sucks! Hope the rebound has been a pleasant experience.

Happy to hear folks have grown up. The old forums really wore some of us down at times. There was one fellow I used to converse with. He was so beat up by the OG bullies I felt he was suicidal. Advised him not to let the punks define who he was.

Take care…

Tio

5 Likes

Howdy @OldUncleBen, and welcome back. I’m I’m a dinosaur, too, but missed the first version of OG. I know we have a thread about peoples ages, and it seems like we have one about old members. Maybe someone can help me, @Northern_Loki, anybody?

We got another dinosaur from Texas called @oleskool830. He’ll be along shortly to say hi. I know we have a good many members that were here before. Hope you run into some old friends.

I gotta go back and read that first paper you linked. I started reading it in the thread and it sounds interesting. Just give a shout if you need any help with the new OG. And, I hope we get to see some pics of your garden. peace

4 Likes

This one?

5 Likes

Thanks, hope you enjoy the site. The old OG was huge. Too many members to remember them all now. Good luck with this one.

5 Likes