Any original OG members back?

Originally joined in 2001. Learned so much from this site. SOL Sweet Tooth #3 & THSeeds Puna Budder were my 1st strains I grew. Remember seeing pics of BOG’s grow in what seemed to be his attic. Overgrow

11 Likes

Welcome back!
I still am on the lookout for that Sweet Tooth #3. It looks like Mephisto has created an auto Sweet Tooth that they call Toof Decay, and there are others selling just Sweet Tooth (no number). I grew some that smelled so sweet and delicious, from across the room when you broke it up. Smoked smooth and tasty, and very strong and long lasting.

8 Likes

I don’t feel old school. Found memories of burning hours scanning grows. My favs where “stealth grows”. Inspired me to build “The filing cabinet”, a tall 4 drawer modified to become two chambers. One on top one on bottom. Learned to clone & many many things not to do. Happy to have reunited. My since acquired wife is not as excited since I’ve been burning hour after hour reading, grinning & giggling. Free the seed, grow on.

6 Likes

the John lee Pedamore Sweettooth was amazing. Was so glad my brother was gifted a few seeds in 2002. It was so amazing wish I still had it. Between the sweet tooth and Federation cotton candy I got in 08 those were two of my favorite sweet tasting strains ever.

3 Likes

I loved the stealth idea too, my favorite thread was The Monolith. It was a non descript black cube with a lock that opened to a three part chamber for mothers clones and flowering plants. Everything was wired by hand it looked amazing. I tried to do one myself and almost burned the house down haha.

6 Likes

And looky what @Mr.Sparkle 2022 brings. Cabinet grow.

nice,

3 Likes

I had a cabinet where from the outside you’d never know, but inside I had a mini scrog going. I built a frame from pvc tubing to fit exactly. It had ventilation, no light leaks. It’s amazing that it worked as well as it did haha, and I learned it all on the old OG. I remember others had amazing mini stealth scrogs and stealth grows of all kinds.

2 Likes

Thanks! I had a feeling someone might know something in this thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Back in 99 when my homie and I were living in San Diego were perusing the OG forums. I never had an account back then but he did and would always show me the work being done out in the world.

I don’t know if anyone remembers the Laughing Moon Seed company. Around 96-97, I swooped a few packs as a teenager. Its a trip, I still have the last order form that I never sent in, mixed with my comic book/card collection.

9 Likes

Was a member back in 2000 until it was turned off, and learned a lot in those days. Have been back for several years just lurking, finally signed up again.

9 Likes

Welcome back @Indie !

3 Likes

Thanks @Sasquatch, it’s nice to be back

2 Likes

Original OG member here, finally found my way back! I have been on many of the other forums since that sad day of the black screen. Happy to be back!

16 Likes

Welcome back @DJSF !!!

3 Likes

Glad to see you here!

2 Likes

Thanks @Sasquatch @Enjoi802 @Dirt_Wizard for the warm welcome back!
DJSF

3 Likes

What a trip to stumble back on this site, even more so to find out you all have been back up and running for years at this point!

I was a member from 2004 until shut down, floated around briefly afterwards at Planet Ganja and ICMag, but once the dust settled nothing was the same as OG. Eventually I went dark from the online scene, and just kept growing with my head down all of these years. I’m still running early veg and clones under my magnetic switchable 250w circa 2008, and still running late veg and flowering under my digital switchable 600w cooltube from 2012 haha.

I learned pretty much everything I know from this site back in the day from cloning to nutrient deficiencies. I started out with the CFL microgrow crowd in a 1 sqft stealth box I built with guides on here. I still remember that grow dude had in a buried shipping container with escape tunnels and all, wild stuff. This site literally inspired a generation of growers.

Crazy how much has changed in all aspects of this hobby over the years. I came out of the dark recently to research upgrading my aging MH/HPS gear to modern LED fixtures - never thought I’d see the day if you asked me 13 years ago. Obviously I have a lot to catch up on.

Happy to be back here and of course a big congrats goes out to weed for winning the war on drugs.

17 Likes

Welcome to OG 2.0 @etarded7

5 Likes

Welcome back etarded7! Glad you found your way back here! Your story is similar to my own. I too floated around on the other forums… but nothing was quite the same! See you around the boards. Peace~ djsf

6 Likes

I just found out today that NakedStoneChick past away, not sure when…her and I used to trade clones big time on the old Overgrow…

RIP NakedStoneChick…

14 Likes