Any original OG members back?

Welcome @Somatek and @hindukushmaster glad to see you back. Alot of ole school members here. Make yourselves at home

6 Likes

2003 Here. . I didnt use this name… I forgot the name I used… Probably was Firecracker or something like that.

5 Likes

I remember Maddog. He once asked me :“Why are you using some much soil… you got money to burn or something…” hehehe

4 Likes

Sadly I didn’t start growing BOG’s gear until later when Plan B was selling hi and another breeders gear (Texas Lonestar or something like that). Other then a couple of BOG’s legendary threads, like his graduated potting tutorial, I wasn’t active on the old OG much.

6 Likes

I use to go by Talis back in the day. I’ll see you guys and gals around.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Introduce Yourself @OG (Part 2)

Damn that first page brang out some memories… nice everyone is still kickin.

4 Likes

I used H3ad’s Log in back in the day. Learned a lot here back in the late 90s, before the site was taken offline. Had the backup files downloaded for reference. I was paranoid about being online posting this stuff. so i would post diaries in UK420.com back then. i used Heads 18 gallon tote homemade dwc carts for years, with the LF… i learned how to build closet grows and ultimately my first 9 banger in my garage. i learned everything i could from OverGrow. The members were always eager to help. thank you for the lessons. they changed my life for the Better!

I was running a coop in LA for the last 10 years… happy to see some familiar names on the board. i was scrogger / SCrOGer on the forums back in the mid and late 90s… Learned how to make bubble, and get the bags from Joolez ( spelling? she was always so nice… its been a LONG time…) still growing… and happy to see the OG is alive and well.

Be well Everyone!!!

8 Likes

Welcome to OG.2 @SommGuy
I think this version is even better.

8 Likes

Thank you @Floyd

3 Likes

Didn’t you post as Krusty the Clown? I swear I remember that name!

3 Likes

Oh my lord I remember you! You sent me some C4 beans (I think) a million moons ago, tasted like a pine tree and was so good. My memory is kinda wonky now but it’s good to see you’re still around.

Btw I actually have some seeds descended from those same C4s, they’re ancient but they’re yours if you want them.

4 Likes

Hey @Hippiechik, welcome. I don’t know why but Chimera hasn’t posted since he joined back in May.

3 Likes

Apologies, I’m still trying to figure out how the site works, I’m on my phone and it’s confusing.

Somewhere in the enormous disaster that is my storage room I still have an Overgrow screensaver that someone sent me. It’s on a cd, but I will try to find it because it had some pretty serious weed pr0n.

I guess people are skeptical of me, and I don’t blame them. For what it’s worth, though, I was tickled silly when I found out that Overgrow was back. I thought it was simply gone forever.

I wasn’t growing at the time and couldn’t really contribute much, but I made an account so I could return when I was ready to get the growroom going again. I hope that makes sense.

It’s taken me a long time to get everything ready, but I finally have all the basic equipment to get rolling and am trying to pop some of my old seeds. I decided to start posting more frequently since I am now actually trying to grow.

(Just fyi I’m battling serious health issues and most of the time I just don’t feel good enough to do much anymore.)

I do miss @makisupa, we had some good times back in the day (I’ve met him irl). If he’s still around, he should remember me.

Hopefully that clears things up, I saw some comments elsewhere about me, but was unable to reply.

Bonus pics of the gorgeous stash box Gypsy Nirvana sent me for my birthday lord only knows how many years ago. It and my Overgrow screensaver are pretty much all I have left from the good ole days.

17 Likes

@Hippiechik I am also from the old OG days.
I remember those Gypsy Nirvana boxes!

8 Likes

ralfhead22 back in the day. i wanted to use that again, but i have an interview on wednesday and may be doing it legit this time and wanted to reflect that. i just found @greenmonster714 and hadn’t heard from him since '05 i think. i was sitting here telling my fiance yesterday about this site and how it got busted in '06. damn glad to be back!

4 Likes

i remember that name!

3 Likes

Talking about this Krusty? I have stuff archived from way back. You wouldn’t believe the trash haha.

9 Likes

Krusty was an excellent teacher!
One of the most knowledgeable indoor growers I ever followed on OG.
I loved running his crazy concoction of a system, for a couple of years.
He taught me more about growing than any of the old worn out ear worms of the time.
Far ahead of his time.

6 Likes

Yes! I remember the shark tank and the seed wars too lol. I didn’t participate in any of the squabbling, but it made for entertaining reading sometimes.

Plural of mongoose was another name that I remember, along with Reaper (iirc he was in Russia, he grew some scary huge trees) and Rezdog.

I know there was a brutal amount of trash talk (in the shark tank especially), but everyone was always kind to me.

5 Likes