Any original OG members back?

Back again, it’s been a long time !

9 Likes

Good to be back as I was an original old timer…and even a older timer now…

9 Likes

nice to see some of the old names…I’m old but I ain’t dead, bwahahahaha…past site mod and TOG…

13 Likes

Welcome back friends of the former OG and now the new OG…

5 Likes

yes.
I was looking into registering the name and saw someone beat me.

Around since the beginning.

Are you guys randoms or connected to shabang or rc? _

Are there any old school people associated, I know a bunch jumped to IC, kind of odd posting here…

7 Likes

Welcome all to OG! It is great to see new (old) nicknames!

Hi, I’ve been on OG since 2000, but I’m not part of the pre-2006 era “core” group. Not associated with ~s~ or ~rc~. You can read more in these topics:

https://overgrow.com/t/help-spread-the-word/1211/8 (members only Shark’s Tank)

https://overgrow.com/t/ask-me-anything-with-overgrow-admin/1387 (members only Shark’s Tank)

Consider this topic meeting point of old members. Overgrow has been 10 years offline. It takes some time to spread the word. :vulcan:

5 Likes

I am new to this forum format, I will likely screw up a bunch.

maybe send pms that were meant as a response on the forum, my bad if that happens.

4 Likes

No problem, take your time. There is nothing wrong screwing things :slight_smile: We all are learning this (me from the developer’s perspective). Actually it allows great number of features that old static platforms haven’t been able to. Pretty clean design focused on discussion, very well usable on mobile phones and tablets. Still I have to come up with better gallery views.

8 Likes

more old timers yeeehaa :smiley:

5 Likes

Wow…a decade offline…how many things have changed.

5 Likes

Small world… (What do they say "Great Minds think alike? I’m pretty sure it’s NOT fools seldom differ)… but…i just found 2 sealed packs from Cbay and it made me look around. (the internet NOT my seed stash! Probably should have done that YERS ago!)

When I say sealed packs I’m not looking to start that old argument about sealed Breeder packs versus those who didn’t want them. I’m talking about the square piece of cardboard with a METAL washer in the middle then some seeds and rice! If I can find how to post a picture I’ll do it.
By the way, it was Conquistador and Fiesta Mix from SubCool!
I joined late 99 early 2000. I “think” I came from Marc Emery seeds but sadly, memory fails… I was blown away to read how late it was when it closed… I though it was way before that!
Was Truth Squad back then became Niemand around 2003??? Memory again…
Glad to see overgrow back… haven’t been on the cannabis boards for a few years now but still have my membership on ICMAG and shantibaba’s site (I think it’s Mr. Nice?) I think it’s fitting to reignite my passion at Overgrow!
Peace. Jah Bless N

18 Likes

Oh yeah, that was another one that slipped my mind. Planet Ganja. Can’t say that I really liked it there but it was interesting. I think they had a “shark tank” and thats where I spent most of my time but as I try to remember it was mostly about hoping Overgrow was going to return. When POM and company started to self destruct and it looked like Overgrow was a dream that was going to stay in dream status (for a few more years at least :wink:) I drifted away…

10 Likes

I used to be on here back in 2002, learned alot from the community.

9 Likes

We are happy that you are here now.

6 Likes

On the original OG I was known as Jukebox Hero. My avatar was the Foreigner Belt from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The thing I remember most was heavens stairway having everything and diy shit like newgangaboy cab was the norm there. Best site ever. Question, does the new OG log ip? Sorry if already asked.

8 Likes

Welcome guys! Niemand, looking at your picture motivates me to look around if I can dig something from my archives :slight_smile: I’ve granted my old batch of NL#1 and Agfhani crosses that were originally from Emery to my friend, hope to get some photos of it in bloom :slight_smile: (don’t know if these oldschool strains will hold up against modern crosses :))…

Hello Dale, no we are wiping off IP addresses and also support all end-user anonymizing solutions incl. VPNs and TOR. You are welcome to use them. I’ve added updated article to FAQ about how to improve your connection security and creating trusted operating system. Feel free to ask any questions in those topics!

8 Likes

I’m back, I really liked the original OG. I remember the shutdown, it’s good to see you’ve got it back up and running.

9 Likes

I think I found Overgrow in 2003. I loved the forums (or fora is you must) and the pictures of people’s grows. I couldn’t get enough. Plus I found out what a magnesium deficiency looks like which REALLY HELPED! Hahaha.

8 Likes

Yes indeed! I was mostly active in about 2001 or 2002 I would guess. Posted up a big Mazar grow back then devastated to see its lost :frowning: Didn’t keep my own piccies.

6 Likes

Same here 2000 or so…

5 Likes