Any original OG members back?

Small world… (What do they say "Great Minds think alike? I’m pretty sure it’s NOT fools seldom differ)… but…i just found 2 sealed packs from Cbay and it made me look around. (the internet NOT my seed stash! Probably should have done that YERS ago!)

When I say sealed packs I’m not looking to start that old argument about sealed Breeder packs versus those who didn’t want them. I’m talking about the square piece of cardboard with a METAL washer in the middle then some seeds and rice! If I can find how to post a picture I’ll do it.
By the way, it was Conquistador and Fiesta Mix from SubCool!
I joined late 99 early 2000. I “think” I came from Marc Emery seeds but sadly, memory fails… I was blown away to read how late it was when it closed… I though it was way before that!
Was Truth Squad back then became Niemand around 2003??? Memory again…
Glad to see overgrow back… haven’t been on the cannabis boards for a few years now but still have my membership on ICMAG and shantibaba’s site (I think it’s Mr. Nice?) I think it’s fitting to reignite my passion at Overgrow!
Peace. Jah Bless N

18 Likes

Oh yeah, that was another one that slipped my mind. Planet Ganja. Can’t say that I really liked it there but it was interesting. I think they had a “shark tank” and thats where I spent most of my time but as I try to remember it was mostly about hoping Overgrow was going to return. When POM and company started to self destruct and it looked like Overgrow was a dream that was going to stay in dream status (for a few more years at least :wink:) I drifted away…

10 Likes

I used to be on here back in 2002, learned alot from the community.

9 Likes

We are happy that you are here now.

6 Likes

On the original OG I was known as Jukebox Hero. My avatar was the Foreigner Belt from Aqua Teen Hunger Force. The thing I remember most was heavens stairway having everything and diy shit like newgangaboy cab was the norm there. Best site ever. Question, does the new OG log ip? Sorry if already asked.

8 Likes

Welcome guys! Niemand, looking at your picture motivates me to look around if I can dig something from my archives :slight_smile: I’ve granted my old batch of NL#1 and Agfhani crosses that were originally from Emery to my friend, hope to get some photos of it in bloom :slight_smile: (don’t know if these oldschool strains will hold up against modern crosses :))…

Hello Dale, no we are wiping off IP addresses and also support all end-user anonymizing solutions incl. VPNs and TOR. You are welcome to use them. I’ve added updated article to FAQ about how to improve your connection security and creating trusted operating system. Feel free to ask any questions in those topics!

8 Likes

I’m back, I really liked the original OG. I remember the shutdown, it’s good to see you’ve got it back up and running.

9 Likes

I think I found Overgrow in 2003. I loved the forums (or fora is you must) and the pictures of people’s grows. I couldn’t get enough. Plus I found out what a magnesium deficiency looks like which REALLY HELPED! Hahaha.

8 Likes

Yes indeed! I was mostly active in about 2001 or 2002 I would guess. Posted up a big Mazar grow back then devastated to see its lost :frowning: Didn’t keep my own piccies.

6 Likes

Same here 2000 or so…

5 Likes

Checking in…been a long time!

15 Likes

I was member before it got taken down.
I’m an OG! Same name then as now.

8 Likes

Original Member here from around 2000-2001. Spent hours on the site reading grow posts from the likes of B.O.G and the travel stories posted by Gypsy Nirvana. Glad OG is back.

8 Likes

Hi guys, welcome to new era! :slight_smile:

Hello @highgrade, it is pleasure to have you!
Just today I’ve found great bubbler pic you sent me back in 2001:

7 Likes

Nietzsche is back in the house. Only discovered OG is back up when I googled my old plant abuse article to refer a friend to it. Sad that the database is gone :frowning: I note that Nietzsche plant abuse has now been put in
MyNameStitch.

15 Likes

Hello Nietzsche! Great to see you! Your contributions to GrowFAQ are timeless classic! It is good to know that google is starting to pay attention to us slowly :sunglasses:

3 Likes

og, was big into the hurtbacks bio buckets, same username.

4 Likes

I was a paid subscriber…who do I talk to about getting my money back?

5 Likes

Welcome, kaus! Bio buckets sound very interesting… Have to look up them…

Hahaha, very funny. You don’t mean this seriously, do you? :metal:

Try to read about History of Overgrow.com. Personal cast of old OG owners and new one is completely different. I don’t have any contact for or connection to previous owner - ~rc~. But if you live in Canada, I’m sure you could track him there and use some consumer government protection :slight_smile: . I think he hasn’t got much time to enjoy OG subscription earnings :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Overgrow owes me $36 dollars, is this not overgrow?

You can just give me a paid subscriber title and a shit load of K and we’ll call it good.

8 Likes