Any original OG members back?

Welcome back @cannaloop! :grin:

1 Like

Glad this place is back, and hopefully it regains a little of what was lost. Cool to see some old familiar names. I was here from 2000 on, but with a different name. Won a pic of the month contest and got some Bogglegum from the kind and generous bushy older grower himself.

They were really legendary times, and people were so generous and everything was less monetized. I dare say prohibition-era OverGrow was more friendly than current forums, even tho a majority of North America has legalized. What a crazy world we live in!

8 Likes

Welcome! you will like this incarnation of OG, it’s even less monetized than the first version, you may have noticed the lack of banner ads and other commercial annoyances.

5 Likes

I have about a billion layers of ad and script blocking, so I usually don’t see them. Just don’t like how the other current forums are all breeder and mfg reps and their company nuthuggers and trolls. I’d like to see objective discussion of grows, not a place where everybody gets a blue ribbon or trolls call everyone racists and all pics are “mids.” :slight_smile: I like the peaceful cooperation and community of collaboration that used to exist on the old OG. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:smile::smile: that’s pretty funny! that stuff is minimal here, it’s great

3 Likes

Welcome @nube! :grin:

1 Like

I read thru the whole 606+ messages here to check for nicknames I would recognize…

Nice to see that other oldschoolers are finding this place too…

However I have to mention that years have done their mission and I can’t remember a whole lot…

Oldpink, BOG, Subcool of course are recognizable… But I wonder who that one guy was in charge of the Overgrow.com security matters… Would have a funny story to share to him…

Anyways,

Back in the day I was in the OG staff, moderating and approving posts for the Strainguide (and reworking those, as most of them were done against the guidelines because… Stoners… LOL)…

50000+ posts at takedown day, despite joining in 2003… Of those, maybe 45000 just to help people… I was only active on the growing boards, trying to help people… Didn’t read anything outside the grow-related areas…

If the current OG staff needs any help, just PM me. I would be interested and happy to help.

14 Likes

Welcome @v1ru5!

Looking forward to some old OG War Stories.

And yes, welcome @nube.

Glad you like the atmosphere here. I do too.

99%

3 Likes

Welcome back @v1ru5 I suggest you hang out and contribute to the community first. Show us some pictures of your grow and gain a bit of reputation. So far this site is pretty chill with a lot of like minded people. :thumbsup: :seedling:

4 Likes

Hey whats up it’s t0md4nks

1 Like

Hey there @v1ru5! Always nice to see more oldtimers return. Ha! Ha!

3 Likes

Welcome back @v1ru5!
Nothing against 1 hour read :slight_smile: but there is also another way to find old friends… to check who has Oldschool badge awarded.

4 Likes

Wow, it’s been years folks.

I skimmed through here quickly to see some familiar names, breedersteve, bog, old pink, and many many others.

I go way back since the early beginning till when it was down. I remember the likes of subcool, Jill, wetneck, CecilC, schroomy420, and the millions of others.

Glad to be back, if anyone remembers me toss me a message!!

Happy Growing,
OB

14 Likes

i remember you bro how is it going

6 Likes

@OntarioBud, @KronicKuz

Glad you Gro Bros have found your way.

99%

5 Likes

Thanks for the kind welcome!!

5 Likes

Thanks brotha, nice to see you here!!