Any original OG members back?

I was one of the originals. I remember all the drama when the site shut down…I remember lots of drama, including having some myself, lol here, but I remember a lot of other great things about Overgrow, like many members here. lots of great threads and conversations. Lots of great growing material I learned, and I have since turned it into a love of gardening. I started a small farm but I no longer grow pot. If its ever legalized in Florida then that may change. My appreciation for the original Overgrow is big since it was one of the earliest ways I learned to grow plants, and since then it has transformed into growing many different plants other than the beloved cannabis. Thanks to all who contributed then!

8 Likes

I don’t remember too much, just getting banned at the end by karmabitch

11 Likes

Lemonade Joe - Thanks. StrainBase was a start. I did the fieldwork and taxonomy, ~s did the programming. (If you’re out there amigo, we should chat. Lots of ideas for SB 2.0.)

Since then cannabis genomic research has come light years. For a modern, gene-based look at cannabis strain relationships, check out what Rob Clarke and Mowgli Holmes are doing at Phylos Bioscience with their Galaxy tool and the Open Cannabis Project. Very cool and relevant stuff. I encourage everyone who can to participate so that we can keep the cannabis genome open and free for everyone to enjoy.

-b420

18 Likes

QuietasKept here…on OG since the beginning…BOG saved a few of my grows when I was a newbie. Shout out to all the OGs on OG. Wouldn’t feel like a veteran without you guys!!!

9 Likes

Old school member here… doc. greenbud was my name then, as is now. Was a member in 2003-05.

15 Likes

I was on here everyday all day way back in the day. I was even here the day it went down, that was crazy times. Funny, I just looked overgrow up today for the first time in many years because I found a bunch of print outs of posts I did along with some other OG members that I kept for grow notes and techniques to keep in my grow journal. Im very glad to see the community has come back! OG you were missed!

P.

11 Likes

Yep … Illegal_smile then and now, Best place ever I learned so much and I reaped massive rewards from what I learned !! I LOVE OVERGROW!!!

12 Likes

BOG RFOCKS I named a pitbull after him Bubbles she ate all the Bogglegum … dat bitch!!! lol

6 Likes

Joined back in 2004. Same user name then as now.

10 Likes

Well, first post on this new resurrected site.

I was an original on the old OverGrow site. LOVED THAT SITE. I will really disappointed when it went down. I think I joined in the early 2000s. I also think my user name was GanjaPilgrim but honestly, I can’t quite remember.

I have been hanging out off and on over at GrassCity but it just isn’t the same as the old OverGrow. I hope this site takes off!

Glad to be back.

8 Likes

I found my very first grow report from 05 not found the pics yet but I thought this was kind of groovy anyway…It was a great grow and sold me on Paradise Seeds and MDWC tech… Im so happy OG is back!..I missed this place!

Grower Report - illegal_smile on April 22, 2005, 11:59 am
Magic Bud from Paradise Seeds rated 8.29

Overall Rating: 8 Effect: Nicely balanced
Potency: 9 Stature: Somewhat short and squat
Yield: 8 Phenotype: Mixed, Indica / Sativa
Ease: 10 Indoor: 55 to 60 days
Appearance: 9 Outdoor: Not Listed
Odor Level: 5 Odor: A bit skunky mostly when lights first go on or off
Taste Level: 8 Taste: A bit on the skunk side when dry but mellows to an herbal flavor when cured
Grower’s Tilt: 9 Sexes: Standard (M/F)
SI Rating: Not Listed Vintage: May, 0404

I love this plant .The first grow was in a GH Aqua Farm…with GH 3 Part nutes…yeild was a modest 4 ozs but i had problems not related to the plant so i was impresed that she finished as well as she…or even at all did.A clone from the first grow provided a much more respectable 9.5 ozs in an Igloo MDWC setup.
Veg was under 125 watt CFL and bloom under 400 watt HPS and another 125cfl to supplement.
This plant was EZ to grow and clone in a bubble cloner.It seems to love MDWC and her root mass was indeed impresive in MDWC. She wasnt picky about Ph or heat issues.
The smoke is top notch …preferd by those who smoke it to anything else around and is very frosty and produces top notch hash and hash oil from the trim.
About 2 months veg and 50 days to finish although the clones finished faster by about a week.

She has a place in my grow from now on for sure.

Garden Information for this report
Bloom Wattage Used: 410w to 1000w
Average Plant Height: Not Listed
Plants per Sq. Foot: Not Listed
Average Yield per Plant: 9.50
Pruning or Plant Style: Perpetual Harvest
Fertilization Method: Mix of chemical and organic

Igloo MDWC …ElCheapo Cloner…400 watt aircooled HPS and 125 watt EnviroLight in a Garden Light reflector…GH nutes # part but now switched to Nova…Flouralicious added throught flower…closet lined with Panda Film with zipper door access…Ph around 7 useing tap water…Phase fed for the 3 Part and according to manufacturer for Nova

Report added by: illegal_smile

10 Likes

Thanks for noticing, I’ve fixed it today, all badges will be awarded automatically with your next post (due to system limitation)

Welcome guys to Overgrow! It’s great that you found your way here again ! :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Found OG back in 2001, lurked until Feb. of 02 when my first grow from bag seed was almost finished, thanks entirely to the site. When it was taken down in 05 I moved to PG till that was also taken down. Never thought old OG would be back. Here’s to hoping it grows into something resembling the original as much as possible.

9 Likes

Oh snap overgrow is back?!? Time to get stoned to pics of Bogglegum again.

8 Likes

HIGH All, nice to see OG back…see some names from “Back in the day”

Thanks to All who made it possible!!!

6 Likes

An oldy here as well, not wanting to use my old name though.
Welcome back OG!

6 Likes

Nice, blast from the past. Sure wish the database was recovered. Would love to have some of my old pics back. If anyone recalls, i grew with a 200 gallon oscar tank in my living room. Man, miss that set up. Well, hello all…nice to be back.

8 Likes

Ahhhh the old overgrow is back old skool member here…same name :wink:

7 Likes

Was a sad day when I learned OG was shut down. At the time it was the best resource for information and guiding noobs like me back then. Glad to see its back up and running. Love to see the information base full again… if my old mate ufoman is still out there , hit me up bro…

8 Likes

as my new name suggests i was lister on overgrow back in the day. nice to see this site taking shape. glad to be here. learned everything i needed to know there and some things i didnt know i needed to know. peas out. ps. misterito, come on home!

7 Likes