Anybody else like to fish?

Sorry for your loss @crownpoodle 🫂:hugs::heart:

3 Likes

He was suffering, now he’s not. Mental health, left to it’s own devices is bad. Fueled by bad chemistry is a recipe for disaster.

6 Likes

It was an incredible morning. Limits for everyone.

20 Likes

How fabulous is that!! What a breakfast!

And it’s good to have that random foot there for scale! lol (1)

5 Likes

2x8 picnic table, size 10 feet. LOL

3 Likes

Well done indeed.

1 Like

Did you leave any fish for the rest of us?!? :grin:

2 Likes

Finally caught a fish this spring, haven’t caught one since ice season. Only managed the one in the 30mins I had before it got too dark. Got it drifting mealworm in a small pool, released to fight another day.

23 Likes

13 Likes

Nice article @mota :+1::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

2 Likes

we got a few 2m-Waller too in the Past…

…but this one is a real Monster

2 Likes

So being from the south in the US we call a northern pike a pike and a walleye a walleye. When you’re talking about catching pike above do you mean northern pike or walleye? Cause if you were catching 24" walleye you need to invited me up there. Biggest walleye I’ve ever caught was 20 inches.

2 Likes

Enjoyable week away!!

20 Likes
5 Likes

Northern pike here I’m pretty sure. I have yet to catch a walleye/pickerel so don’t know how big they get. I don’t use bait but a buddy I used to fish with used minnows on jigs. Did not know how to fish worth shit so fed them lots of free minnows but never landed one. He’d hit really hard when he felt a bite but then throw slack in his line while reeling like a madman to take up the slack. Always whining when anything went wrong and just a whiner in general so told him to fug right off ten years ago. He could get a boat to use from his FIL but nothing ever ran right so I had to listen to his bitching all day and never had any fun. I was catching lots of pike on spoons and spinners and even salmon flies on my home built fly rod but I was the one doing things wrong. LOL

I go fishing to relax and enjoy a day out. Even if I get skunked I’ve still had a good day. Too many fish, like with these damn pike, is too much like work sometimes. The first decent sized walleye I catch I’m taking home to eat as I hear they are good eating. I’ve never kept a pike but an old guy showed me how to fillet them and get the Y bones out so may try one of those too.

Thinking of heading down to the little trout lake with the boat and trolling motor tonight. Most of the wildfire smoke has cleared away and it stays light out until 11 now so I can go after supper and get 3 or 4 hours on the water.

:peace:

3 Likes

Pike actually taste pretty good…they’re just a bit of a pain to clean as you mentioned.

2 Likes

I’m more concerned about all the farmer pollution in the lakes around here where I’ll be catching the pike. It’s all GMO crops soaked in Roundup and who knows what else that runs off into these relatively shallow lakes.

Can’t be any worse than all the DDT I picked up as a kid. :slight_smile:

:peace:

Oh, I see. Well don’t eat any big ones!

1 Like

I have a fish cake recipe for pike or a beer batter for deep frying.
I eat pickerel mostly.
Never eat the big ones.

3 Likes

I’ve never caught a Norther Pike but have caught a few Muskies

2 Likes