Anybody else like to fish?

Love those walleye, my favorite fish… crappie is my number #2.

2 Likes

Just ate fried yellow grunts w/steamed withe rice from the Atlantic Ocean.

13 Likes

My favourite thing to catch, southern calamaris❤️

16 Likes

That’s awesome, where is that?

2 Likes

In Sydney @THCeed

3 Likes

love it. Very big into both hunting and fishing

22 Likes

looks goood. do you have to make a Angelschein down there or just pay for licence to catch ?

1 Like

Those are squids… Or calamari…when cooked right they’re delicious

3 Likes

I eat them all the time, I love them. I’ve never caught one.

4 Likes

I never caught one neither i think it cool tho
I not even going to lie–i mostly use em for bait.:flushed:.

3 Likes

Ran down the reservoir and caught some nice crappie and a few gills. Still stocking the ponds. !

18 Likes

You need a licence which costs around 30 dollar a year…and off ya go.
Nothing like your german Angelschein. There are a few rules,but we’re allowed alot more stuff than you.
Livebaiting, 4 rods, up to 4 hooks I think. It’s free for under 18’s.
To say it in a few words…it’s more fun here and not as overfished as your waters.
You definitely don’t need a ticket for the different waters to fish in.
I find it kind if embarrassing what kind of rules they force onto you guys. But it is what it is…
Petri heil everyone

6 Likes

Hey buddy that reel is a airflo balance.

All the best with building your rod I hope it goes well.

2 Likes

Anybody else fishing for pickerel this time of year?

I know a lot of people have never seen one, chain pickerel are an east coast fish related to a pike and musky. They are a blast to catch on lighter tackle, my personal favorite setup is a 6’10 ML rod, 3000 reel with 10lb braid and a 15-20# flurocarbon leader for bite protection.

Here’s what I was having luck on last week by me. Real light jig head (1/8 oz) with a 4” zman plastic and skirt. The fish were hanging out on/in isolated grass patches and this lure was light enough for me to be able to work it right over top. 3 and 4” paddle tails are super productive for me and some other staples around here are Mepps spinners (sz 3), smaller jerk baits (3-4.5”), and smaller spinnerbaits.

Old picture but gotta show my best one :wink: . This one was right around 26” and caught on a jerk bait. If you fish for them let me know what you use!! The best pickerel fishing is all through the winter even in the coldest water so I get very excited about them this time of year :grin:

16 Likes

We don’t have them here, though apparently they’re making their way. Pike and musky we have, as well as pickerel. Nice fish.

I always found Rapalas, jerk baits, Williams Wablers to be best for the pike and musky. Jigging soft baits always worked best for pickerel for me. But I hate jigging.

5 Likes

I don’t like jigging either. I like top water lures and float fishing the best. Anything visual…I need to see something and even if its just a glowstick on the rod tip :joy:

5 Likes

I finally got a few hrs off today so I went to toss a few loops on the mighty Niagara River.

27 Likes

That’s a big pickerel man.

3 Likes

Thanks man :grin: . We have some really nice fish around here, heard of some ~27-28” fish being caught. I’m really bad with the salmonids, what fish are you holding up? Looks like a monster version of our stocker rainbow trout lol. Also that’s a pretty setup, are you casting two handed?

5 Likes

Yeah that’s our lake run steelhead :+1:Fresh hen. Yes, 2 handed. Fun stuff, but the fish aren’t as frequent :slight_smile:

7 Likes