Anybody else like to fish?

I didn’t catch any migratory species until the last weeks of the season that was almost 3 years without a salmon landed.

I can’t wait until the season rolls around again.

I like fly, spin and bait fishing, the fly rod is my favourite but conditions don’t always allow for it, during a spate I won’t hesitate to break out the rapalas and the spinning rod…Black and silver or black and gold Finn minnows are a favourite.

9,6ft #6

@Hashpants hey buddy here’s a few pics I said I’d share.

23 Likes

Awesome work! Fingers crossed this year is your Salmon.

5 Likes

IMG_20220927_183600582 Scalloped Hammerhead. Sea robin.Crappies

20 Likes

9 lb largemouth bass caught this week!

23 Likes

Some random fish from the past couple months.

22 Likes

18 Likes

Is that the Kelp Bass? West Coast fish.

Some East coast ones.

17 Likes

19 Likes

Awesome pics folks.
The winter crappie bite is coming up soon here in Missouri reservoirs.
Gonna hop some jigs under the crappie more this winter in search of some nice walleye.

5 Likes

The one on top is a spotted bay bass, most common out here in the bay, the other one is a calico or kelp bass. Damn those are some monsters you got there.

4 Likes

That is a red drum, not a bass

2 Likes

The Kelp Bass is above in @OG619 post! It looks like a freshwater bass.

2 Likes

Really pretty drum @Hashpants , are the others trigger fish, yuuum. Where do you go out of?

3 Likes

Thanks! Those are Spadefish, like giant bluegill haa haa. We chum them with clams and use a small hook and split shot just below the boat.The tiniest nibble and slowly raise rod, reel screamer! We fish out of Cape Charles on the Chesapeake Bay.

5 Likes

Neat, never seen a spade fish. Grandfather used to take us fishing for stripers at the northern end of the Chesapeake… big fun for little kids. We go out of Morehead City or Topsail now, but haven’t been for a few years, but there’s still nothing like a big drum in the surf :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I King fished at Oak Island for many years so I really like that area. Spadefish are named because of thier shape similar to a shovel ,or spade.

2 Likes

Me too, too bad you can’t eat 'em anymore, easiest cleaning fish ever, lol!

2 Likes

This was my buddy Oak Island pier on a rig I set out for him. 72" Tarpon

10 Likes

This thread is kind of killing me​:wink::rofl:
I haven’t been fishing in a couple years, and every time I scan the list and see the thread title I want to go, but there’s so much other stuff to do :laughing:

3 Likes

Stop doing stuff, go fishing. It’s still a place where the universe can smile down upon a regular man.

8 Likes