Anybody else like to fish?

perhaps it was a cross between BlackBear & Grizzly…not sure,if they able to mix their genes? i only heard of the Pizzly …PolarBear-Grizzly Cross

3 Likes

Iv always wanted to fly fish for bones something about those fish that go like 0-40 mph in the blink of an eye! I’d like to catch some of those lake trout up in the grand lake area in Granby also!

4 Likes

I love tying my own flies started out doing it as a young kid need to get back into it ! My whole game change on fly tying when I went with a rotary vise!

5 Likes

I can totally see where the rotary vise would be handy! Some times you just need a different angle

3 Likes

I have a peak rotary very reasonably priced and actually made in Colorado,!think I paid around 130$ for it!

2 Likes

Here’s a couple of pike and a musky I caught over the past couple seasons. Haven’t been able to get out much so far this summer, only caught some bass and got skunked going for musky.
95AE9BDF-3B30-4184-A276-2A5E96E25264
E4AA0E36-7073-40F7-82D0-CFC6DEDDF145

16 Likes

But the Brofish jumped right into the boat! :laughing:

:beers: :fish:

:evergreen_tree:

1 Like

I always seem to catch a buzz out there, even when the fish don’t bite

4 Likes

This is my vise I use I love it ,cleared out the booze cabinet where it was stored and a have 150$ worth of free alcohol to go get have the next days off so maybe I’ll tie some up and share some pics!

8 Likes

OMG you didn’t remove the mud vein?

5 Likes

Black bears are known to be cinnamon colored in the Rockies. Around here it’s very common. They start out black but get light as they get older. No grizzlies down here in Colorado. Just black bears (cinnamon/brownish).

4 Likes

HahHa I hate to ask but what does this mean :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Fished a bit in the past three days with nephews in tow.

We hit Ice House Reservoir well up above Placerville. Too hot, sunny and was too much for the trout. They’re all down 20+ feet where it’s cool and oxygenated. Nice drive out of the valley heat and into the Sierra’s.

Today I began my urban warfare. I snuck behind an old closed car dealership where the mouth of Alder Creek dips into Lake Natomas. It was shallow, hot as fuck and covered in duckweed. I stepped over the hypodermic needles and through the poison oak and saw two large bass and a carp. They all laughed at my Texas rigged Yamamoto 297. So I opened up FishBrain and see a tiny joint over behind Camp Mather. 12 minute drive.

I get there and some folks are packing up and others arriving. I inquire about the fishing and it’s a thing. Pay $5 to park and walk 1/2 the trail that goes around. I can tell from the beaten trails and garbage it’s horribly overfished but WAY more bass friendly but also houses trout and cats. Black bass keepers must be 12". Shiiiit. I’m on it. Walked around and see frogs. Switch to a pumpkin seed creature bait… nothing. Walk some more and switch to watermelon creature and pow, a hard strike.

I’ve got my sheltered 12 year old nephew who won’t shut the fuck up, casts into the trees, and uses terms like holding the “wire” and the “bait” (plastic lure). I laugh it all off and realize that no one taught me how to fish. My dad would cast it out the first time and say “figure shit out son”.

I didn’t catch a fish but I’m trying to teach a kid how to fish. 10x more rewarding. He still casts straight up in the air but we are working on it.

9 Likes

That’s hilarious! I hate fishing carp unless it’s for money.

Here in our area the Asians LOVE carp. I’ve heard they are better smoked or pickled but good God I’d have to be a hungry man to go that far. I’d rather eat fishing worms

6 Likes

dark lateral line. LOL they actually do that…I was being facetious since it was the plank he was serving.

8 Likes

One time I was throwing my throw net, trying to catch bait (shad). There was what looked like an Asian tour group on the opposite side, taking pictures of the spillway and watching everything going on. I ended up with a large carp in my net, they all clapped.

They looked super confused when I kicked it to the side, and left it on the bank. Hey, the coons and other scavengers need something to eat too! :joy:

5 Likes

I haven’t fished in almost 3 weeks I think. I had to get stitches in my thumb and then got some damn virus that won’t go away.

I got my stitches out but got sick right after. The walleye and perch were doing really good before I quit. I finally kept a couple and fried up the filets. Mmmmm

I’m hoping to get to feeling better so I can go again. It’s been windy and stormy most every day so I haven’t missed a lot. I do miss paddling though.

5 Likes

We fished Ice House again today but I chatted with a guy pulling his troller in and asked him some questions. It sounded like 30-40 feet of water and off the dam.

So we move over figure out it’s chartreuse power bait and everyone is pulling them in but my nephew who has never caught a fish. I was so bummed. We didn’t have enough weight to be able to get it out far enough. Maybe he and I will sneak back up. He’s 12 and into learning but I gotta get him a fish so he’s in it to win it.

I told him patience fishing is the game and catching is winning it.

7 Likes

Mentoring a new fisherman is awesome. Thanks for your contribution to the next generation of outdoors enthusiasts.

8 Likes

The kid was really trying and I did not notice how he was trying to emulate me until the end of the day. He called my name and when I turned around he had picked up a wad of tangled line someone had left on the bank and was signaling for me to put it in my bag. I got all misty eyed and knew I was making an impact in a lot of ways.

9 Likes